Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 17 Jul 2001, 05:18 (Ref:118118)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Copse Corner

In the light of the recent British GP, when Mickey the shoe was passed twice at this corner, I think its likely to be a bit difficult for a single seater to overtake another here unless the overtakee is compliant.

Have we got any racers here who can expand on this?
Old 19 Jul 2001, 08:23 (Ref:119108)   #2
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Copse Corner

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
In the light of the recent British GP, when Mickey the shoe was passed twice at this corner, I think its likely to be a bit difficult for a single seater to overtake another here unless the overtakee is compliant.

Have we got any racers here who can expand on this?
It's very nearly flat in an F1 car I understand. Certainly there wasn't a great deal of lifting when I watched.

In a F600 it's easily flat, so I would concur with your point.

In saloons I tend to use the first board to brake, the 2nd to turn in. Seems about right.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 09:31 (Ref:119115)   #3
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy: You have raced an F600 yeah? When did you do that as I am currently racing in the FHonda championship in an F600.

Would have to agree that it would be flat in an F600 and when I raced a Renault 5 GT Turbo there before it was left foot at the second board followed by turn just before the 3rd.

AndyR
www.ar-racing.co.uk
Old 19 Jul 2001, 11:33 (Ref:119155)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er yes Stacy.

When did you drive a F600?
Old 19 Jul 2001, 12:52 (Ref:119176)   #5
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....And can you post the photies! <vbg>

I don't know myself where or how I brake or change gear for Copse (or Cowley corner as some of my friends will have it) as I always straight-line it ...

Straight into the kitty litter that is!

:-)
IanC
Old 19 Jul 2001, 14:35 (Ref:119202)   #6
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Er yes Stacy.

When did you drive a F600?
On a few occasions.. When the series was starting I drove one at Mallory, Donington and Silverstone - all at test days/track days.

So now you know!

Stacy
Old 19 Jul 2001, 14:37 (Ref:119203)   #7
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Roberts
Stacy: You have raced an F600 yeah? When did you do that as I am currently racing in the FHonda championship in an F600.

Would have to agree that it would be flat in an F600 and when I raced a Renault 5 GT Turbo there before it was left foot at the second board followed by turn just before the 3rd.

AndyR
www.ar-racing.co.uk
No, never raced one - only test days.

Shows how much attention I paid, I thought there were only two boards! If we're talking about the last two it seems we'd pretty much tie in.

Stacy
Old 19 Jul 2001, 14:44 (Ref:119205)   #8
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by yelwoci
....And can you post the photies! <vbg>
I'm sure there were a couple taken by my more amusing friends, but the phrase "marshmallow in a bottle top" sprung to mind. They had to remove the seat entirely to accomodate my bulk, which meant it got a bit warm up the back after a few laps.

It was a complete culture shock first session and it took a few laps to get a bit more into the swing of things. Seem to remember my time at Donington first proper time out would have qualified me 8th which was a surprise given how quick the far more talented, and lighter, young turks proved to be.

Stacy
Old 23 Jul 2001, 14:19 (Ref:120558)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Here's a suggestion.

You drivers turn your cars over to us marshals for a race. In return we let you stand on the banking, go white with fear and bury your heads in your hands as the cars skip through gravel traps. Then at the end of the race, you get to 'warm yourselves up' by taking brooms to the track and sweep away the evidence.

Sound like a good idea ladies and gentlemen?

Stephen.
Old 23 Jul 2001, 14:53 (Ref:120571)   #10
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be a great idea to at least take the marshalls out for a spin at the end of the season, though I'm not sure letting them loose in my car is a gooid idea!!! <vbg>
Especially regarding the amount of sweeping I've been responsible for!

IanC
Old 23 Jul 2001, 15:06 (Ref:120575)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hahaha, well it was worth a try I guess?

I seem to remember we suggested to the powers that be at Brands Hatch some time ago, that they let the marshals have an end of season race using the 'school' cars. The reply was unprintable. It couldn't have been worse than the old House of Commons vs House of Lords races they used to stage in the XR2i's could it???

Stephen.
Old 23 Jul 2001, 15:10 (Ref:120581)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Icon's

Question, how can I get the icon's to appear on my messages. I've tried just about everything and failed dismally (sighs)

Stephen.