Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Oct 2001, 15:32 (Ref:164885)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rover in the BTCC

http://freespace.virgin.net/tjl.thegrove/btcc9120.jpg

I know the bloke was called something Davis and its a Rover 220 but how did it do in 1991, what races did it enter? and who ran the car?

Any help will be fine

invincible
Old 24 Oct 2001, 16:34 (Ref:164906)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As it is a Motobuild car, I assume that it is Darryl Davis who is driving it - apart from that, I know nothing!
Old 24 Oct 2001, 16:36 (Ref:164907)   #3
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it's good old Darryl 'Mr. Pink' Davis.

He's the owner of Moto-Build racing (they do performance parts for MG cars amongst other goodies). You can usually find him racing a Lotus Elise these days, or an MGF, or a Maestro before that.

Oh yeah - his cars are generally pink!
Old 24 Oct 2001, 19:46 (Ref:164984)   #4
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I am his webmaster and photographer.
KPM bought Darryls Maestro at the begining of this year!
(mentioned on another thread)

The car pictured is actually Darryls brother Graham, and the car was built special for the BTCC at great expense. Apparently it did not live up to Grahams expectations I am told it & only did one race.

You will note the name Moto-build on the car, Darryl runs a seperate company called Moto-build Racing. There is a dedicated motorsport page on the website which is moto-build.com

Kelvin
Old 25 Oct 2001, 08:31 (Ref:165170)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
That photo looks like it was taken at Brands- first race of a double-header (back in 91 not every meeting had 2 races), and it didn't come out for the second. I'm sure that was the only race the car started- it was certainly the only time I ever saw it ,although I didn't do that many rounds that year.
I think it ran in qualifying at a few other meetings, but had a lot of mechanical difficulties.
Old 25 Oct 2001, 10:19 (Ref:165192)   #6
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you may right KA, I asked Darryl about it last night but he said he could only remember it ever doing one meeting.

Kelvin.

Last edited by Kelvin; 25 Oct 2001 at 10:22.
Old 28 Oct 2001, 19:12 (Ref:166675)   #7
Peter.S
Rookie

Peter.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct.
The picture, taken by me,(check my web-site)was during Qualifying at Brands Hatch at the August Bank Holiday meeting in 1991.
Just to jog his memory, he took part in the qualification for the first round at Silverstone(no time), the second round at Snetterton (non start), the seventh round at the Grand Prix meeting at Silverstone(no time) and the tenth round at Brands Hatch. The only race he took part in was at Brands Hatch were he completed three laps after suffering a fuel pick up problem.
Old 28 Oct 2001, 21:10 (Ref:166709)   #8
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter.S
Correct.
The picture, taken by me,(check my web-site)was during Qualifying at Brands Hatch at the August Bank Holiday meeting in 1991.
Just to jog his memory, he took part in the qualification for the first round at Silverstone(no time), the second round at Snetterton (non start), the seventh round at the Grand Prix meeting at Silverstone(no time) and the tenth round at Brands Hatch. The only race he took part in was at Brands Hatch were he completed three laps after suffering a fuel pick up problem.
Wow, that's interesting. I never knew about the Rover in the BTCC. The 1991 review video says nil about them.