Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1094334)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what is Trulli playing at?

Waht on earth is up with Jarno Trulli these days?

Since he's been kicked out of Renault he has been below mediocre in every race pretty much, but today was the absolute worst of all.

I mean, what is he doing? He was abysmal all race running absolutely nowhere, in 11th or something. And then on the last lap he bangs in fastest sector times.

This guy is a clown. I'd be surprised if Toyota or BAR or whoever has signed him is all that happy with their decision now.

I was seriously impressed with him in the first half of the year, almost driver of the year, but now he has sunk so low that he'd be lucky to be in the top ten.

Still, i suppose he'll tell us all that Flav has hijacked his car or something.....

No Jarno, it is all in your head. You are a fragile minded fool. There is nothing wrong with your car, it is all in your head. But go ahead, sit their whingeing, because you could well go a long way to helping cost Renault second in the constructors title.

Idiot.

Rant over.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1094336)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it's all in his head, then that could be helped by some form of sports psychology.

Doesn't make him an idiot!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1094337)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fundamentally, he isn't an idiot.

He is acting like one currently though.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1094356)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: So what is Trulli playing at?

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
you could well go a long way to helping cost Renault second in the constructors title.
Well there's a thought that any thinking bod has had!

That's why Flav will have him and soon.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 12 Sep 2004 at 19:30.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:56 (Ref:1094622)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Same thing seemed to happen to Jenson in his last season at Renault too.

According to ITV, Trulli issued a statement saying that Renault seemed to be hampering his performance.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 05:34 (Ref:1094678)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So why does it often happen at Renault ( or Flavio's teams)....Or is their simply some truth to the claims? I am inclined to think so and it wouldn't surprise me at all....
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:24 (Ref:1094703)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It isn't just a Trulli problem, Alonso too, is collecting bad performances, once again aout for an unforced error.
Many things are getting worse and woprse at Renault after an impressive season start, particularly thanks to Jarno.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1094805)   #8
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember that rumour about Trulli looking at BAR? Which team just overtook Renault in the Constructors' title race? Way too cynical i know - but F1 is an extreme sport and I wouldn't rule anything out.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1094819)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: So what is Trulli playing at?

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I mean, what is he doing? He was abysmal all race running absolutely nowhere, in 11th or something. And then on the last lap he bangs in fastest sector times.
While I generally agree his performance was lucklustre in the race he wasn't the only one to put in fastest sector times on the last lap.

IIRC Trulli set the overall fastest S1 on the last lap (which was often Renaults domain).

However Webber also set his fastest sector time on the last lap in S1 and S2 (I think).

The cars are quickest at the end of a stint - low fuel, tyres that don't degrade at Monza. So I guess it is quite likely that the fastest sectors could come on the last lap. Perhaps it shows Trulli was pushing to the end of the race. We'd need to see his previous sector times to see if it was comparable.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:30 (Ref:1094863)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Autosport are reporting that Trulli may get the elbow before the end of the season.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1094893)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's already a thread on that.

The criticism of his fastest first sector being on the last lap was actually quite misplaced, as Adam explains. People would certainly complain if he didn't push to the end of a race.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1094929)   #12
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Trulli has said categorically that he isn't going to BAR next year.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:59 (Ref:1094972)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Trulli has said categorically that he isn't going to BAR next year.
In politics and F1 that's as good as saying I definitely am!

I actully don't believe he is, BTW, but it's good to stir.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:42 (Ref:1095027)   #14
LindaC
Rookie

LindaC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even Flavio thinks he is going to Toyota!

From La Gazzetta: "There is no wish to distance himself from us because we are paying him to the end of the season. he could also benefit from demonstrating all his worth to Toyota."

Maybe I should add that I'm sure Toyota already know all about Jarno's driving talents and qualities as Mike Gascoyne will have told them! He will also be aware of exactly what is going on at Renault!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1095036)   #15
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm interesting. He's officially said he has signed a deal for next year but has failed to provide the name of the team. If Toyota had signed him I would have thought they would want the PR to start advertising the fact?

However, if he has indeed signed for BAR, they would want it kept quiet until the CRB confirms the situation with Button. Add this to his lack lustering performances in the last few races and BAR championship position, perhaps DR has had a quiet word in his ear??

By the way, my wooden spoon is bigger than yowers!! (said in a Harry Enfield way)

Last edited by ActiveMS; 13 Sep 2004 at 11:53.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1095039)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I am a little concerned. Trulli loses a position to Rubins and he gets the ass, while Alonso throws podiams away and gets “It was a shame to see him retire after spinning but that happens sometimes when a driver is taking risks and pushing to the limit.”(Symonds)

Thats a pretty different attitude betweent the 2 drivers.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1095043)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect at the time Trulli made his little slip in France, he'd told Renault he was leaving anyway.

Therefore they were publicly harsh on him in order to try and win the PR battle - so it didn't look like he was the one who'd chosen to leave!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1095514)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
agree with Wrex, has been disgraceful the way he was treated after France...

KB it might be true that Trulli chose to leave before hand as RS was quoted as saying that Trulli would be the best option for Toyota...
but the point remains couldnt they just settle things for a few months to help the team
Old 13 Sep 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1095621)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

The problem with "settling things to help the team" is that both sides (driver and bosses) are ego-driven sports people who in general can never admit to faults.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1096278)   #20
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think I could work under the conditions Trulli is probably facing right now - drivers as talented, dedicated and competitive as Fisichella and Button suddenly lost their advantages after being replaced by Flavio, so a sensitive and enigmatic soul like Jarno has no chance. No one can claim Flavio has made this change for the right reasons, and the intra-team politics have been biased towards Fernando throughout the two years, despite his iffy form this year (which hasn't really improved recently, other than France).
Old 14 Sep 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1096466)   #21
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just read this morning finally something that made sense as to why the lack of announcement. Apparently Trulli's 10 year contract with Flavio expires this fall and due to monetory reasons Trulli and Toyota must wait for the expiration before announcing anything.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 18:40 (Ref:1096562)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
drivers as talented, dedicated and competitive as Fisichella and Button suddenly lost their advantages after being replaced by Flavio,
In Button's case I think he drove better after he was dropped. His performances the year or so before were not as good. Certainly he put in a stormer on the weekend it was announced (Magny Cours IIRC).
Old 14 Sep 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1096574)   #23
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli has got the bullet from renault, hes outts there, JV testing tomorrow at Silverstone

Last edited by Nina; 14 Sep 2004 at 18:57.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 18:57 (Ref:1096583)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
See this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=59547