Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 May 2007, 17:02 (Ref:1914071)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Speedy cameras overseas

Just got back from Norway where I got flashed in the rental car. We were only about 5 miles out of the airport and I was still getting used to the car. We'd just left a 100 zone and dropped into an 80 but I had missed the fact totally and, when I saw the camera, and still believing myself to be in a 100 zone, I dropped the speed down to 90 just to be safe... but the thing flashed anyway. Obviously I should have been more careful and it's something to put down to experience. The question is, presuming that it had film in and the bill makes it past Hertz, what is it likely to cost me?
Old 15 May 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1914127)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Your life
Old 15 May 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1914133)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limit#Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia, the source of undisputed fact ;)
The speed limits are strictly enforced, and the fines range from around $300 to $1200.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_safety_camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor wiki facts
In some U.S. jurisdictions (primarily California, Arizona, Illinois), also in Sweden and Norway, the law says that the camera needs to obtain a photo of the driver's face, of sufficient quality to convince the judge that he is convicting the actual driver, not someone else who had access to the vehicle.
This could be interesting.

I based most of my driving around Europe on 'facts' from wiki and only got caught once. It said nothing about unmarked tatty Citroen police cars. The fine there was 110 Euros BTW.

Everything seems to suggets that they may be amongst the most expensive in Europe. Sorry.
http://driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-norway.htm
http://www.norwaydirect.co.uk/discov...road-signs.asp

Nothing concrete in all that (which you've probably seen).
Old 15 May 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1914139)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep your head down Craig and plead complete ignorance, it works for most people - particularly here........
Old 16 May 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1914988)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Like the weeks wages rule in finland much better

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 17 May 2007, 06:50 (Ref:1915104)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
You might get the fine payment taken off your credit card by the hire company. This happens in Spain if you are caught on the speed guns on the motorways. I was once taken to the cop shop untill a fine was paid for towing my speedboat at 90mph . They didn't get my sense of humour when I pointed out it was a speedboat !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 17 May 2007 at 06:53.
Old 17 May 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1915478)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
LOL @ the towing incident They just tow far easier at speed, don't they!

Not LOL @ the fine I'm facing but, hey, what can you do? It was an honest mistake, just need to be more careful next time. Like buy some sort of guide to driving in whatever country on the company credit card... that should do it. It's not really that surprising I got busted really, until I got into the car I didn't even know if they drove on the left or the right. I tried desperately to see from the plane as we appoached the airport but there was no cars to be seen... which obviously proves why it's so vital to be so strict on a 10kmph speeding violation. Hey ho.