View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2003, 22:26 (Ref:491088)   #9
bolide
Rookie

bolide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC - losers??????

Aaaah - the VSCC...

To my mind, there is no more influential club in the UK than the VSCC. It's chock-full of barking mad car fiends but - let's face it - so are most car clubs. What sets the club apart is the members' total dedication to motorsport. Whilst most club racers are tucked up in bed, or enjoying a winter break, VSCC members are at Brooklands, or Clitheroe, or Exmoor, or Silverstone - and that's just January and February!

Last year I was competing at Silverstone in the Pomeroy Trophy - my first race meeting post ARDS-course - and the day started with horizontal snow. Did this upset the VSCC members? Er, no - even the Edwardian cars were lapping the National Circuit at an obscene rate

Of course I am biased - I've been following VSCC events since 1998, and have been a member since the Pom last year. But of all the clubs I've seen racing, none better the VSCC for style, dedication and attitude. Till you've seen a Tiger Moth-engined Riley lapping Silverstone, or an air-cooled V8 special with no seat belts, you ain't seen real racing

Nick Froome
www.bolide.co.uk