Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 May 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3254859)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
crash-a-lot-drivers

I was out of the country last week so finally got watch the full Monaco GP yesterday.

I saw Romain Grosjean hit many things, and rightly so get a lot of flack from commentators. It also makes sense now based on some of the F1 communities complaining asking for him to have another ban/punishment.

It does look like Romain is basically just not safe to drive an F1 car at this present time so many incidents last year and looks like it's happening again, although to a lesser extent.

two questions really.

Why does Romain seem to get such a hard time for these crashes compared to Sato/Kobayashi who both (lesser Kobayashi) seemed to cause a lot of incidents/wreckless driving.

Secondly - how to combat this, yes there will always be accidents/incidents, but certain drivers throughout the seasons have been notorious for crashing and causing incidents, but Romain as far as I can recall is the first one to receive a ban for it or receive such harsh comments for a long time.

I have no desire to make excuses for Romain, as having all the speed in the world or bullish driving is useless if you cause accidents on a regular basis