Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Feb 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1220268)   #76
stido
Racer

stido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zsolt and Heidfeld racing in the same car? in F1? what team? in qualifying during last season, heidfeld and Zsolt were pretty close, and at end of season heidfeld scored 3 points, and Zsolt 1. 3 seasons of f1 experience for heidfeld for three points, 1 season for zsolt for one point. even par i say.

I am not saying that Zsolt is the best racer in the world, but im saying he does deserve to keep his seat.

Cheers

Stido
Old 8 Feb 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1220394)   #77
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Put Zsolt and Nick in a top car and the difference between them is immense.

They way you're assessing them only looks close because small teams hardly ever get near the points.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1220412)   #78
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stido
Zsolt and Heidfeld racing in the same car? in F1? what team?
Sorry - meant Fisichella.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1220418)   #79
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every driver with real potential has some incidents in their first season. To find the limit you have to exceed it. As they say, it's a lot easier to tidy up speed (as in Sato and Massa) than speed up tidiness (both Baumgartner and Heidfeld fit in this category, although Nick has showed a lot more evidence of speed).

As KB hints, if you look at the comparison in more detail (factoring in F3000 experience, results against team-mates compared to percieved team-mate abilities (and both Bruni and Pantano seemed to under-achieve last year), car handling (the Jordan looked much worse than the Minardi, which suggests that it needs more skill to get the best out of it) and contribution to development) Nick is clearly a lot better than Zsolt. Much as I respect Zsolt for the effort he put in, and accept that he's a LOT better than any of us gave him credit for, he's not really up to standard in F1.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1220440)   #80
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think he's being overrated. I admit Bruni tailed off quite badly last season and made Baumgartner look ever so slightly better, but I think of him the same way as I think of Jean Denis-Deletraz, and nowhere near as good as Pedro Diniz.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1220473)   #81
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Tweed.

Bruni MASSIVELY disappointed and Baumgarnter did FAR BETTER than expected - yet Baumgarnter was still usually slower and watching him drive the car it was clear he had little clue.

Bruni was still the faster of the two.
Old 8 Feb 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1220560)   #82
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stido
Instead of dissing him, learn from him, i dont see u racing in f1, so i cant see how u can rip someone off when u cant even get to where he is now.
Anyone could get into F1 with the amount of money he's taking to Minardi.

Last edited by Logrence; 8 Feb 2005 at 16:42.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1220813)   #83
stido
Racer

stido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
Anyone could get into F1 with the amount of money he's taking to Minardi.
Ok mate, find the sponsors (u have to show them your worthy) get the money, join f1 and minardi, and show us how its done

I think im going to have to agree to disagree here. I admit heidfeld is better than Zsolt, but heidfelds f1 career is ancient in comparisson to Zsolts. even if Zsolt doesnt deserve a drive in a higher team, i think he deserves his seat at Minardi.

I do have to say that the championship will be wrapped up by kimi (no wins without fins) but that is a completely different story :P

Cheers

Stido
Old 10 Feb 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1221686)   #84
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Zsolt is far from particularly good, in the context of F1, but I liked him. For whatever reason I though he was cool, if he can blag a drive withte likes of Minardi then I won't cry. I would if he used up a space at the lieks of Red Bull due to his cash.

In relation to Nick, I am over-joyed he has got the Williams drive. I think he is class, is often forgotten and now is goingto get the chance to properly show the world, once again, what he is capable of doing.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1221927)   #85
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who thinks Heidfeld is no better than Baumgartner or Bruni will be made look stupid in a month or so. Nick was miles ahead of Pantano, Baumgartner was a tiny bit ahead of Bruni - there's a big difference there. Eddie Jordan wasn't exactly keen to sign Zsolt for 2004 despite his cash, and Midland sdeemingly didn't consider him either.