Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Feb 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1223200)   #126
Alliturken
Rookie

Alliturken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinvader
I am cheering for the two real hopes for Americans Scott and Colin. I know exactly what the red bull backing is and yes people people think its more than what it is, but still a lot. My experience in Europe was awesome. If I would have had more funding I know I would have done better, but I could only do 2 races and no testing. A flat tire in qualifying doesnt help either.
OK. Well again, hats off to you for doing it, and glad you enjoyed it. Travel and cultural immersion are a great thing. For me, I pull for them all, not just the sure bets. I don't know how we can say that only Scott and Colin are the only "real" hopes, anyway. In Edward's case, it is way too early to tell, and I am certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the meantime, let him learn and prove himself. Wish I knew who you were, maybe I followed you too. I tracked Pat Long, Phil Geibler, etc.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1223248)   #127
Birel4me
Rookie

Birel4me should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with Alliturken. I pull for all of them too. I think this guy must have impressed alot of the important people. Have you raced against him Mrinvader? How do you know him. Sounds like you have some inside information, or must be some reason you seem put him down.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1223286)   #128
mrinvader
Racer

mrinvader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not putting him down...have I ever said anything negative about him? At this point Colin and Scott are our only hopes....at this point. Now maybe in a few years another star will shine. But here is an example. Charlie Kimball who is a great driver did not do as well as some expected in FF, where Colin and Scott in a much tougher arena blew everyone away. I have never raced against John, but I have seen him drive and I did not think he was that impressive, but as you said he is very young and is still learning. Going to europe to race JICA was the right thing to do. If he can win races in 2006 in JICA then I believe all the hype will be true, but I just dont think it is.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1223335)   #129
Birel4me
Rookie

Europe is really compeitive they say. You do not think he will be near the front at all this year do you?
Old 13 Feb 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1224619)   #130
Alliturken
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinvader
Im not putting him down...have I ever said anything negative about him? At this point Colin and Scott are our only hopes....at this point. Now maybe in a few years another star will shine. But here is an example. Charlie Kimball who is a great driver did not do as well as some expected in FF, where Colin and Scott in a much tougher arena blew everyone away. I have never raced against John, but I have seen him drive and I did not think he was that impressive, but as you said he is very young and is still learning. Going to europe to race JICA was the right thing to do. If he can win races in 2006 in JICA then I believe all the hype will be true, but I just dont think it is.
OK, I'm good with that. We agree that the proof is in the pudding. Meantime I'll wish him well and hope for the best.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1224624)   #131
Alliturken
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birel4me
Europe is really compeitive they say. You do not think he will be near the front at all this year do you?
Obviously you do not. I'm sure not many people do. I have no idea, really, but I hope so. Who I pull for rarely has anything to do with who the sure bets are. Plenty of those around. But that's what would make it a total gas if he was. Longshots are thrilling.
Old 16 Mar 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1253019)   #132
Birel4me
Rookie

Fyi

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/karting/15664/
Old 29 Mar 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1263883)   #133
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my 14yo, who has been driving carts for seven years, is 6'3"and while he'd love to race formula cars, he's almost too tall! fortunately he has an alternative sport in elite junior basketball. at the age of 12 he could throw an 1800kg ute around apaddock without any trouble so physically handlinga formula car wouldn't be much trouble. In Aus 12yo can apply for a Junior Racing Licence, which they must show competence for the class they want to race. Can get a full Adult licence at 16yo
Old 29 Mar 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1263892)   #134
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AS far as the sport and kids arguement goes my son has been playing basketball since age 6, at elite level since age 10, you should see the amount of training that demands, try four sesions of 1.5-2 hours a week including two at 6am! Really sorts the kids from the kids!! He's been driving since he could sit on my lap, I do race so he was pushing race cars around at age 3 and has had his own car for the past three years. As we live on a property he can drive it on the private roads and is encouraged to do so to experience all aspects of car control. The question of should they shouldn't they will always be vexed and it comes down to an individual assessment of the teenager, mental attitude, desire, etc. Also helps if dad has a thick wallet!

Last edited by djt46; 29 Mar 2005 at 01:00.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1264557)   #135
Scott Taylor
Rookie

United Kingdom
Scott Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you get Red Bull backing here in the UK or Australia. Is it just USA they focus on, thanks
Old 29 Mar 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1264629)   #136
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull seem very very low key in the UK for some reason.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1266435)   #137
Birel4me
Rookie

His website also shows he won a Rotax Race in Italy as well.