Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1315190)   #26
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The rules, the etiquette, the limitations and the morals...this is all artificial stuff - making the drivers pick their qualifying slots by seeing who can drink a pint the fastest wouldn't make much difference.
Your making F1 sound stupid here, when really it isn't. Its the pinnacle of world motor sport and its great! I think deciding the grid by seeing who can drink a pint of milk the fastest would actually make a hell of a difference, because F1 is not about drinking milk.
Old 30 May 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1315194)   #27
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't thinking about milk...but my point is that racing Formula One cars is inherently artificial - the whole concept is contrived and a bit bonkers. I'm sure welly wangers think theirs is a pure sport of man and footwear against the world.
Old 31 May 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1315661)   #28
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time, mathematics, language - all are abstract concepts, yet everything we do in our lives is governed by them. Logrence has an intersting point. Apply it to football - why can only one player use his hands, and why only so close to the goal? Why are goal-kicks and corners taken from totally differnet positions? Why the offside rule? All basically rhetorical questions.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 04:09 (Ref:1316386)   #29
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose it comes to down to what criterion one believes something needs to satisfy in order for it to be defined as "abstract" - indeed is abstraction not an abstract concept? What is "abstract"?

Anyway, I would heartily agree that the racing this year has been great to watch. The results could've been better, from my perspective, but that is TOTALLY different issue.

I hand it to the FIA/teams with regards the tyre regulations for this year. They are working very well. It seems to me one of the single most important aspects to producing races that have remained "interesting" through until the end.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1317605)   #30
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Tf105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my 1st season watching F1.. you can tell by my name who i'm rooting for..actually they are the reason i'm interested now... I know of they weak perforances in previous years and the domination of ferrari and to see now how renaults, and toyotas were dominating early on really peak my interests more to a better entertainment package... on the downside..i would have like the teams to beat ferrari at their best not when they seem to be having adjustment issues..then competition would be reall hot..... Congrats to my team Panasonic Toyota racing and all the others...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1317740)   #31
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum then, TF - it's interesting to see someone around who is an out-and-out Toyota fan - do you know what that means? It's official! Toyota have arrived...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1317856)   #32
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Tf105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks... yes..they have arrived... I have one problem though... I dont get the races on any of the channels I have.. i have to rely on the internet....
Old 2 Jun 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1317888)   #33
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Aye, its great to see McLaren, Renault and Williams fighting it out for race wins. A good competitive season is just what F1 needs.

Mclaren & Renault have already won. It's likely that Williams & Toyota will win this season. If Ferrari and BAR get their acts together we could have 6 teams winning races by the end of the season.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1317914)   #34
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Formula One remains "technical excellence mastered by expert drivers". Well, mostly expert drivers....
What..like Channock Nissany?
Old 2 Jun 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1317946)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Channoch Nissany hasn't "mastered" it so you've disproved your own point, Skam85!
Old 2 Jun 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1317952)   #36
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
That was sarcasm K-b!