Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Jan 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1829374)   #726
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
2x Courage Competition - Courage-? [confirmed for LMS?]
I think Mugen because they have a 3 year deal.
Quote:
1x ? - Zytek-? [confirmed for LMS?]
I think Zytek 2ZG408 as engine.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1829436)   #727
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I think Mugen because they have a 3 year deal.
On paper it would seem that way but there seems to be an awful lot of speculation from people who often seem to know what they're talking about that this isn't all that likely.

Just have to wait and see...
Old 30 Jan 2007, 16:08 (Ref:1829516)   #728
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some interesting comments from Martin Short here. I almost get the sense that he'd rather be in P2, but is honoring the sponsor's wishes. And don't get me wrong, I think that is the right thing to do. Also interesting that he thinks the P2 cars are funner to drive.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Sho...~id~142621.htm
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1830409)   #729
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who is "heritage" racing ? Are they planning on 2 Pescarolo or LC75 chassis ?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1830415)   #730
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Rumour is that Shorty is still thinking about running his SR9 in LMP2 .

Im not sure about this Melchester effort happening at all . The cheapest SR9 on the market (Rollcentre) seemed to be outside of their budget ?
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:30 (Ref:1830422)   #731
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
From what I gathered (assuming you're referring to the DSC piece), they're really only interested in running the car at Le Mans itself if the car's not sold, that's why they've applied for an entry.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1830427)   #732
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I duno Mariantic are reporting LMS and LM..Also I saw in interview on Motors a few days back on there Autosport Show program that gave me the impresion Martin was not going to race the LMP1. having a LMP2 sat around and being at all the race's anyway why not do both if he wants to race in it (someone else mentioned earlier that he prefered LMP2)
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1830433)   #733
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Let me refer you to this post, Mr.B
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1830436)   #734
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
From what I gathered (assuming you're referring to the DSC piece), they're really only interested in running the car at Le Mans itself if the car's not sold, that's why they've applied for an entry.
and of course it may be easier to sell with a le Mans entry
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1830443)   #735
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From a financial service search :-

"J.N. INVESTISSEMENTS is itself Chairman of :
• SAS HERITAGE RACING CARS "

I guess this is where the name comes from. It is of course the successor to Saulnier Racing now bought by J.N. INVESTISSEMENTS.

The cars will be last year's (Swiss Spirit) LC70 converted to LC75 - not difficult, and they bought the Barazi C65. This can of course be converted to a Pescarolo but not to an LC75. This ties in with the separate story that Pecarolo were supplying part to conevrt the Barazi C65. (the 6th Pescarolo tub) So it's 1 LC75 & 1 Pescarolo 01 (both LMP2)

The C65 is a second string car and may not even be converted just yet but used to develop drivers for future LMP2 drives.

At least that's my take on it...

Mariantic

Edit
Sorry Bentley03 - I was writing while you were composing - feel free to delete mine!
M

Last edited by mariantic; 31 Jan 2007 at 17:53.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1830890)   #736
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Im not sure about this Melchester effort happening at all . The cheapest SR9 on the market (Rollcentre) seemed to be outside of their budget ?
Melchester was one of these left field entries that had me a touch doubtful when it was announced to such great fanfare last year. My doubts grew even stronger when their grandiose multicar plans got a bit more meat on the bone. It reminded me of nothing as much as Alan Randall's promised Jaguar effort from 1992, which likewise came to naught.

As ever, I'm always willing to be proven wrong, but if this one shows up this year I will be very very surprised.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1831084)   #737
The Badger
Veteran

Please dont mention Alan Randall and the proposed 5 car Jaguar team ..... it still pains me to think about that !!!

There's a name for people like that ............
Old 1 Feb 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1831394)   #738
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone got a list of probable / possible entrants or a link to a list for this season or if possible for one our more informed peeps to make one up ?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1831396)   #739
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Has anyone got a list of probable / possible entrants or a link to a list for this season or if possible for one our more informed peeps to make one up ?
http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...pper&Itemid=49
http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/LMS07.asp
Old 2 Feb 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1831689)   #740
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
I hear that entry is closed and oversubscribed, choices may have to be made!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1831780)   #741
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
I hear that entry is closed and oversubscribed, choices may have to be made!
Off the top of my head I don't think I can remember this ever being the case before. Sure individual races have been oversubscribed (Le Mans being the obvious one) and we've had DNQs when a car's been blatantly way off the pace, but in terms of entrants have we ever had it so good?
Old 2 Feb 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1831794)   #742
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
1x Lister Racing - "Pescarolo"-? [confirmed for LMS?]
Lister - Judd according to DSC (through mariantic). The car will not be ready untill 1000km of Spa.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1831795)   #743
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
More details from an interview with Laurence Pearce on DSC-

It will be homologated as a Lister, rather than a Pesca, with a combination of '07 Pescarolo chassis, '06 bodywork, powered by the
5.5L Judd through a Hewland box. Engine installation, suspension, steering etc will be Lister's own, and Peter Elleray did the design work- so we know who to ask for more information....

Chassis should be delivered this month, the plan is to start testing around July, and to race at Silverstone, Spa and possibly Brazil
Old 2 Feb 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1831822)   #744
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Testing around July? So no Le Mans ambitions this year

A bit strange they go for Hewland, while the new Xtrac gearbox was such a big improvement for Pescarolo last year.

It will be nice to see the "Peter Elleray effect". Rollcentre is also running the 2007 tub + 2006 bodywork, so Lister will have a nice benchmark.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 14:23 (Ref:1831906)   #745
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Off the top of my head I don't think I can remember this ever being the case before. Sure individual races have been oversubscribed (Le Mans being the obvious one) and we've had DNQs when a car's been blatantly way off the pace, but in terms of entrants have we ever had it so good?
Old 2 Feb 2007, 14:27 (Ref:1831910)   #746
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another 430 for LMS... we should have 5 (2 GPC + Virgo + Villorba + the gordon's sponsored team)

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/noti...?idtitolo=2940
Old 2 Feb 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1831938)   #747
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
1st customer Spyker will be raced by Speedy Garage in LMS. The livery looks awesome. See http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2300&Itemid=2
Old 3 Feb 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1832732)   #748
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
More details from an interview with Laurence Pearce on DSC-

It will be homologated as a Lister, rather than a Pesca, with a combination of '07 Pescarolo chassis, '06 bodywork, powered by the
5.5L Judd through a Hewland box. Engine installation, suspension, steering etc will be Lister's own, and Peter Elleray did the design work- so we know who to ask for more information....

Chassis should be delivered this month, the plan is to start testing around July, and to race at Silverstone, Spa and possibly Brazil
With a Pesca chassis and bodywork I wouldn't think there's much left for Mr Elleray to design is there? Rear suspension? Or maybe some bodywork revisions. Funnilly enough, I was toying with the idea of adding some Radical style valence panels to a Pescarolo in Photoshop the other day. Maybe I won't have to now!

Sounds like it could be a strong package. Wasn't the problem with the Hewland/Courage box more to do with the Courage part of the equation?

Who's down for the driving duties?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1832741)   #749
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Who's down for the driving duties?
TBA at the moment, and given Laurence's lack of urgency to hit the track (a good decision IMO), I reckon it could be a while before we find out. Most drivers will be looking for a full season.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1833134)   #750
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LMP2
1x ASM Racing for Portugal - ?-? [confirmed for LMS?]
That's the same Lola-AER as last year. And, no, they don't have anything to do with Chamberlain since LM24.

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?