Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Dec 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2086056)   #126
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos Elio, couple of good ones of the MR2's. There's even one with me trailing my sump guard and you can see the broken suspension.

Shame I never cured the constant misfire, but looking at the cars that dropped out, at least I was still running, of sorts anyway.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 23:08 (Ref:2086067)   #127
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.hoese
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKU0ekhx-GA

watch the differ between the "old-man" jumping to the Proctor-Puma.
Per still knows how to rock´n´rallycross.

Greetings Michael
/waits to see how long it will take to appear on motorsport mad...

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:21 (Ref:2086109)   #128
madcowie2007
Rookie

madcowie2007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this one also if you like your muddy doughnuts. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gm_vEb9yVeg&feature=related

The yump from the video doesnt look that bad. Norways current european championship track has a jump what looks more severe. Agree disagree? I know the proof is in the pudding with the amount of cars damaged or pulled out.

Madcowie

p.s Was this event televised for later showing?

Last edited by madcowie2007; 11 Dec 2007 at 00:26.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:26 (Ref:2086115)   #129
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.hoese
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKU0ekhx-GA

watch the differ between the "old-man" jumping to the Proctor-Puma.
Per still knows how to rock´n´rallycross.

Greetings Michael
Yes he can! And build a well balanced car as well.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2086606)   #130
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a lot of discussion about the 'yump' being a bit to violent on bumpers and suspension. if run again next year, which I am assuming it will but hopefully with better weather conditions that the yump should be stretched out a bit more giving a lower angle to it that way the cars will not jump as high but also can go a bit quicker without worrying about breaking any major components.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 00:49 (Ref:2086937)   #131
michael.hoese
Rookie

Germany
Cologne Germany
michael.hoese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye
Yes he can! And build a well balanced car as well.
not only!!! seems to be a secret how to "drive" a jump as well
Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:38 (Ref:2089294)   #132
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a rather free and short translation from an article in NWT about Per Eklund and his participation in the London masters. NWT Per Eklund has raced a lot in the British Isles lately. The best race was the win in the London Masters this weekend. Yes, I got some new parts and rebuilt the SAAB! It went better than ever! Said Per. NWT Britt’s and Irish have for years done there own rules and have been outside the ERC. But now they are on the move at the ERC again? Yes, I think there will be 5 or 6 of them in the ERC next year. Rallycross are getting bigger over there, especially in Ireland. But they will not get an ERC race before 2009. NWT Are they competitive? Oh yes! Ollie is damn tuff, and so is Evans! The status of the ERC will increase with the Britt’s. There are a lot of know how there. 90 percent of the stuff we are buying comes from there! NWT One of the reasons that Per got the invitation to race in Britain was that they wanted to collaborate with Per and come well prepared to the ERC. Yes! And I think I have helped them!

NWT The Nr 3 SRC and Nr 7 ERC have finally got the speed that he wanted. I got parts to the engine that I have awaited for a year now!! All of a sudden I got “go a head” from America and the parts came! One of the reasons to race in England was to test the new parts. Now I think I am at the level with the best at bought effect and driveability. And it feels good to do winter break with a win!! NWT Will you go for bough the ERC and SRC next year? Yea!! If I can get the finances to do it!!
Old 15 Dec 2007, 10:11 (Ref:2089358)   #133
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ The Eye: What does NWT mean?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 10:31 (Ref:2089366)   #134
Deerhunter
Rookie

Germany
Emmerich am Rhein
Deerhunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nwt = www.nwt.se -> press this link
Old 15 Dec 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2089664)   #135
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well where do i start?????

Firstly have to say the weather we ordered was just a few days late !! but ha that just seams to be the way things are right now!
Im sure many of you realise how much work went to create a full MSA permited circuit bearing in mind that the track had to be designed around unmoveable objets such as path ways , raised drains or manholes!
Im sorry if there were cars damaged on saturday but i was advised on the drop down but after a large hole was created I made the decision to fill in the landing area which made it so much smoother and faster acrossed and out of it that the jump looked better even though it was not touched all weekend ! in fact when i tried to dig it up i was suprised how hard it had become .
Also as the whole surface is basiclly a thrown down bodge job from years ago it didnt do too bad and I hope everyone who entered knew what it was all about !! and as the great man said himself (Per) its Rallycross not circuit racing !!!
And also seams that to many cars cant cope with water and as Rallycross was a winter sport seams its gone so far from its beginings!
Re the jump : My tracks will have them in again but now I know what works and doesnt so be prepaired to fly
Jumps dont kill cars its their set up ! Simons car isnt set for such track which is a shame as i think he would of gone well but ha theres another day! Simon.
Looking back overall there wasnt many red flags due to crashes which must say something ?
Still not bad for 10 days work for 4 men dont you think?
Re Pits : Now this was totally out of our contral! We first knew of the problem about 1 pm ! Must say many thanks to our small gang of helpers who managed to turn it around cheers lads
Re spec area : It was felt that it was too dangerous to put specs on the railway side as there is no escape route .
I really enjoyed being second mic and sorry if i got a bit carried away on saturday im still learning!!!!!
Oh well see you guys soon 5 days down and only 16 lamp posts a cctv camera and about 10 hours machine work left and ha presto a car park restored !!!!!!
What day is it?
CHRIS

Last edited by chris cake; 15 Dec 2007 at 19:56.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 22:53 (Ref:2089712)   #136
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In spite of verything -well done

Tony and Maggie
The lap scorers
Old 16 Dec 2007, 09:35 (Ref:2089834)   #137
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter
nwt = www.nwt.se -> press this link
Thanx! Exactly what I expected: NWT = Nya Wermlands Tidningen (New Värmlands Newspaper). The very newspaper for people like Per Eklund, Tommy Kristoffersson, Per-Inge, Lars-Erik and Stig-Olov Walfridsson as well as Olle Arnesson – to name a few from RX.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 11:44 (Ref:2089879)   #138
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well lots of thngs were against PSM last weekend, the weather, the paddock issues, I for one was dissapointed with the 'drop off' on Saturday, but was impressed with how Chris changed it overnight in time for Sunday, so well done Chris.

I enjoyed the weekend in the end, although that is mostly down to my result.
I have to say that in the dry I think the track would have been great, felt very much like a european style circuit from my experiences this year!

Saturday was very frustrating. I lead the first heat only to be 'assisted' into the wall. Wasn't pleased at all. Second heat I was trying to pass for the lead when wipers failed. Decided to try to continue but re-assesed this decision when I hit the wall thinking I was still on the circuit. And in the final heat in the dark I was doing ok again when we had a problem with the exhaust manifold robbing us of pretty much all our power.

May I just add, the night racing was good in that we had a chance to play with our 'shiney stickers' and fairy lights etc etc, but racing was a bit scary, couldnt see ANYTHING behind, not helped by the spray and mud and how dirty the rear screen got.

So saturday night was spent repairing the car.

Wasnt sure if to race on sunday, but in the end very glad I did. Won final heat although there were only two of us and spent the last two laps driving around the holes. Won the B final from the back of the grid, lead by the first corner but 7 laps felt like a long way. By this time the gearbox was really not happy, finding it hard to select gears etc, lots of noise etc.

A final, had a great start and lead at almost first corner, but got hit from behind and I think we all went into one barrier or another. Got going eventually and managed to finish third, holding off julian for half the race. Half the exhaust fell off towards the end which I duley ran over on the next lap. And by the end I had no 3rd gear. Car really isn't well.

Lots of people to thank as ever, but especially Lynchy, Chris and Tony who helped and encouranged me so much last weekend, and without them not only would I have not got the result I did but I wouldnt have finsihed the event at all. Obviously thanks to Big ted as ever (check out www.halridge.com...hint hint)

Oh, thanks to Julian Godfrey too. After being put in the wall on Saturday by someone who wasnt in as good position to do so, Julian had lots of opportunitys to take me off in the final but chose not to. Much respect for that!!

For news etc visit www.halridge.com (hopefully mods wont mind)
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:35 (Ref:2090028)   #139
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the health and safety aspect, i thought a grandstand would have been mandatory, instead of cramming a small concrete wall to watch
Old 17 Dec 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2090470)   #140
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched the Race of Champions yesterday, made me realise how good rallycross would look raced in a stadium. The RoC had all the glitz and drivers etc but division 1 rallycross would have been a far better spectacle with some 'rough sections' to get those cars going sideways. What does rallycross need to do to get to that level, will it ever? Perhaps comparing the London Masters to the RoC might not be on the same level playing field (no Wembley pun intended) but getting rallycross back on live television would surely be a starter? Even on Motors TV?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2091096)   #141
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
Having watched the Race of Champions yesterday, made me realise how good rallycross would look raced in a stadium. The RoC had all the glitz and drivers etc but division 1 rallycross would have been a far better spectacle with some 'rough sections' to get those cars going sideways. What does rallycross need to do to get to that level, will it ever? Perhaps comparing the London Masters to the RoC might not be on the same level playing field (no Wembley pun intended) but getting rallycross back on live television would surely be a starter? Even on Motors TV?
This has been done in Nantes (Fance) a few years back. It looked brilliant, but a stadion has its limits, so there will always be very few passing opportunities (as there are very few on existing circuits too). Bermingrud won the race, but I don't think it was repeated later.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2091249)   #142
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was It Not Similar To Rallycross When It Was In Gran Canaria Every Year. I Seem To Remember Div 1 Saabs Being Used In Yellow Colour Scheme And If Im Not Mistaken It Was About A Million Times More Entertaining !!!!!!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 14:35 (Ref:2091306)   #143
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes youa re right RICKY, that event was simply amazing, I think there was some reason why they had to stop going there though, might have been environmental or something.

The racing was incredible and the cars were much more spectacular cos they got out of 2nd gear!!

You still had the otehr racers like Gordon and Rossi there and they didnt care about the loose, they loved it, cant imagine they like racing round a car park!!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2092128)   #144
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else notice the similarity between the Excel track and the old Snetterton rallycross track, obviously abit smaller and startline in different place, don t suppose for one minute it was modelled on the old Norfolk track, just bit uncanny.