Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2297082)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans - 2008

curious as to see how many 10-tenthers plan on going.....where you gonna be once your there etc.

race forum:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109979

entry list/rumors:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...109158&page=28

we'll (other 10-tenthers who can name themselves if they please) be somewhere at the top of the esses (between 3 & 4) under a number of flags, two of which are sure to be Panoz and Georgia Southern.

come by, and have a cold one or twelve.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 24 Sep 2008 at 16:42.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2297112)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there with the rest of the turn four friends. cant wait!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2297113)   #3
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there roaming around all over the place. My dad and I usually park around the top of the esses so we'll stop by. Just look for the black-ish Trailblazer with a big 'ol cooler of beer in the back. Anyone's welcome to stop by and say hello and join the party. I'll have my tried and true Jack Daniels hat on if you're looking!

I'll be there all day Friday and be returning early Saturday morning. Can't wait; it's going to be a fantstic event!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2297141)   #4
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at the turn 4 camp as well. Just look for the Miller Lite cowboy hat and an Aussie Flag
Old 24 Sep 2008, 22:34 (Ref:2297329)   #5
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first fix of red clay this year. I will be there telling stories going back to the Bruce and Denny Show days. At the Porsche Platz wearing a Peugeot cap and roaming.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2297392)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356
My first fix of red clay this year. I will be there telling stories going back to the Bruce and Denny Show days. At the Porsche Platz wearing a Peugeot cap and roaming.

my dad is constantly telling me about the "Glory Days" at Road ATL: Jackie Stewart being the only man he's ever seen not to left going into 1, claiming to have witnessed the first back flip on the the straight (Revson?) with Denny stopping to help and then there's the big bad black UOP Shadows, I here so much about.

we'll look for you and the 356!
Old 25 Sep 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2297579)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wish i was going to petit this year but i dont have anywere near enough money, fabulous race petit, watching the prototypes blast down spectator hill at dusk is breathtaking to say the least
Old 25 Sep 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2298013)   #8
fjn356
Rookie

Sorry you won't be with us dj choc ice. Road Atlanta has had some "glory days" in the past but today's ALMS is the equal of any racing I've seen there since it opened. It is a 1000 mile drive for me, but I plan my whole fall around it.

I will see if I can find some old photos to pass around.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2298025)   #9
Piratedred
Rookie

United States
Georgia
Piratedred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come out and visit me and the other marshals at turn 6....
Old 26 Sep 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2298068)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was planning on my making this my first ALMS race (Sounds like it would be a great first race) but as usual with the college student funding, no extra funds and work demands ended those plans. Maybe next Sebring or PLM 09.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2298282)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Was planning on my making this my first ALMS race (Sounds like it would be a great first race) but as usual with the college student funding, no extra funds and work demands ended those plans. Maybe next Sebring or PLM 09.
if you could make it down, we normally have extra food, extra booze and apparently, extra places to sleep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratedred
Come out and visit me and the other marshals at turn 6....
usaully do...will you be wearing white?
what car will be parked there or got a unique hat? so we know who to look for.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2298355)   #12
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356
Sorry you won't be with us dj choc ice. Road Atlanta has had some "glory days" in the past but today's ALMS is the equal of any racing I've seen there since it opened. It is a 1000 mile drive for me, but I plan my whole fall around it.

I will see if I can find some old photos to pass around.
Fill up your car before you hit the state line.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2298545)   #13
arnage76
Rookie

arnage76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for the Friday & Saturday.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2298642)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Fill up your car before you hit the state line.
he is dead serious...pretty soon, the entire state may be without gas/petrol.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 23:05 (Ref:2298705)   #15
matarleton
Racer

United States
Florida
matarleton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have tickets waiting, not going. Usually in the paddock but just not able to make it.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 02:15 (Ref:2298751)   #16
fjn356
Rookie

I just checked the news/web/brother-in-law and it is just possible there will not be fuel available. I planned to leave Austin Wednesday and stop over-night on the way, but supplies are tight in Alabama as well. My range is only about 370 miles and my hotel is 25 miles away from the track. Don't pass up a yellow Cayman on the side of the road.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 01:58 (Ref:2299258)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be pickin up my pops and camping near the bathroom inside of turn 4. My Dad and I have a Camel GT banner which will be displayed from some trees in the area. Stop by and say hi between the on track action. I'll be wearing a yellow LSU hat.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2299270)   #18
Piratedred
Rookie

United States
Georgia
Piratedred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has been 3 or 4 Stations in the Road Atlanta area that have had gas each day. You might have to wait in line for a few minutes but I live here and I have had little issue with finding gas. And yes FieldoDreams. I'll be the old man wearing white. :^)
Old 28 Sep 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2299638)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
I'll be pickin up my pops and camping near the bathroom inside of turn 4. My Dad and I have a Camel GT banner which will be displayed from some trees in the area. Stop by and say hi between the on track action. I'll be wearing a yellow LSU hat.
i remember ya'll; seen you just about every year we've camped at turn 4...i've walked passed you several times on the way to the comfort station. i'll stop by and say hi for sure, and apparently talk a little SEC football as well as racing...after this weekend, i'd almost prefer not to, but maybe the tide whoopin my Dawgs' tails this weekend have worn off by then.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2299959)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
anyone else coming? turn 4 here we come!
we should be under something similar to this....

Old 29 Sep 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2300623)   #21
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in under 48 hours i will be camped under those ^^^ flags enjoying a cold one or 20! It cant get here soon enough. The Panoz flag will be bigger this time around!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2301615)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79
i remember ya'll; seen you just about every year we've camped at turn 4...i've walked passed you several times on the way to the comfort station. i'll stop by and say hi for sure, and apparently talk a little SEC football as well as racing...after this weekend, i'd almost prefer not to, but maybe the tide whoopin my Dawgs' tails this weekend have worn off by then.
Look forward to seeing you then! Sorry got the 'dawgs, well no not really!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 01:59 (Ref:2301618)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratedred
There has been 3 or 4 Stations in the Road Atlanta area that have had gas each day. You might have to wait in line for a few minutes but I live here and I have had little issue with finding gas. And yes FieldoDreams. I'll be the old man wearing white. :^)
thats good to know, I've been wondering about that. I'll be there Thurs morning
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2302038)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Look forward to seeing you then! Sorry got the 'dawgs, well no not really!
Ha ha!

Road ATL sent something out that said the gas situation should ease by the weekend, but it is very sporadic. it comes and goes QUICK, and they have been rationing ($40 is limit in some places)....which is what, 4 gallons
Old 1 Oct 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2302061)   #25
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotters Guide will be up in the wee hours of Thursday (US time). have fun at the track