Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jan 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2382370)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"V8 Stars Too Boring To Entertain"

Here

He is likely right to some degree... not sure that punting people off and tearing up the equipment is going to be much fun for the teams though
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Jan 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2382394)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon he is right
Old 30 Jan 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2382410)   #3
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hes got it spot on if you ask me. All the young guys are boring to PR friendly they dont want to put a foot out of line.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2382424)   #4
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Here

He is likely right to some degree... not sure that punting people off and tearing up the equipment is going to be much fun for the teams though
And I reckon he would be one of the first to whinge if one of his drivers was bringing home the car in pieces each weekend
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2382435)   #5
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Its not just about how they drive though its their attitude during interviews and on the podium
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:06 (Ref:2382436)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he has got the no personality right. if there is one thing you couldn't blame Morris for it would be having no personality.

as for the punting bit, i'm not to sure on that one.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2382442)   #7
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno, there's been a few particularly notable moments when a blatant foul has gone unpunished.

And before anybody gets particular, both sides of the fence have got away with naked culpability.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:41 (Ref:2382459)   #8
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Morris, we need more people like you!!
Old 30 Jan 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2382616)   #9
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Paul Morris, we need more people like you!!
Also like ingall,murph, skaife and ambrose the old guys that speak there mind instead of making everything sound like something their lawyer wrote for them.

I cant imagine frosty or winterbottom having an argument like murph and ambrose at bathurst or the skaife and ingal incident the new generation keep it bottled up and only speak their mind in magazine articles and websites

Last edited by nic.v814; 30 Jan 2009 at 11:52.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2382674)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some fairly good points there, but problems in the real world.

A driver says what he thinks (often in the heat of the moment), and he gets bagged on here, if he doesn't he's boring and lacking in personality.

A driver nudges another one off by trying to hard, he's an idiot who must be banned, if he doesn't risk the mistake he's not trying hard enough and shouldn't be in the category.

Personally, I'm not in favour of penalising mistakes. Everybody makes them and a simple 'Sorry, mate, I cocked up' goes a long way. Repeat offenders need looking at. On track penalties should be reserved for apparently deliberate or flagrantly stupid actions. And drivers need more awareness and to respect each other's track space. If a driver is committed to a gung-ho inside line late braking and you turn in, he's not going to be able to avoid you however much he might be thinking 'maybe that wasn't the right move'. Being taken off, however much you're morally in the right, still ruins your race. Better to be out there battling - even if one place further back - than standing by the fence whinging 'That move was never on, he's an idiot'. It may be true, but you're still standing by the fence.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2382958)   #11
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Repeat offenders need looking at. On track penalties should be reserved for apparently deliberate or flagrantly stupid actions. And drivers need more awareness and to respect each other's track space.
These couple of sentences perfectly describe Paul Morris. Which is precisely why we should ignore this article.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2382975)   #12
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Here

It's a monster of his own creation. Those few personality drivers he lauds are most often those who comment negatively in the press about driving and driver standards, thus gathering the support of fans and sponsors behind the questions being asked of organisers who then respond by creating difficult to understand overtaking regulations and inconsistent judiciaries.

Be as vocal about the positives instead of concentrating on the negatives and maybe the Brocks and Johnsons might re-emerge.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2383016)   #13
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The series as a whole is boring. Its not just the drivers but the so called racing or should we call it driving cause the last I seen they don't race anymore is as boring as the personalities or lack thereof.

The commentry is crap. There is not one decent personality in the commentry team.

Motor Racing is going to come into hard times with the financial crisis and if boring is what they are offering as entertainment then they are on limited time aren't they.

I can't believe i actually agree with Paul Morris. Better go an check my temperature!
Old 1 Feb 2009, 01:33 (Ref:2383464)   #14
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley

Personally, I'm not in favour of penalising mistakes.
Me neither, to a point.

You see drivers cop drive throughs for the most trivial of mistakes or incidents. And it's any wonder that they are reluctant to have a really good go. I'm not advocating a demolition derby, but rather some real racing. And not in the pits with superfluous tyre changes or refuelling, either.

But while we have business people running the "sport", then I doubt very much that we'll see any change.

And as the current economic meltdown has demonstrated, business people most certainly do not have all the right answers.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2383466)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
The series as a whole is boring. Its not just the drivers but the so called racing or should we call it driving cause the last I seen they don't race anymore is as boring as the personalities or lack thereof.
Nail on the head. The cars are to similar, penalties for sneezing resulting in no passing but gee wizz some pressure motor racing
Old 1 Feb 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2383476)   #16
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we have a new contender to take over from George Dubbya

Quote:
“If the drivers are going to be boring, they are not going to be interesting,” he said.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 02:40 (Ref:2383495)   #17
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
I got a new idea attach caravans to them for the sprint races!!!!
Old 1 Feb 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2383673)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
nah do portaloo's i love the dunny races they have at PCR, crack me up.

atleast then if Murph gets a 5 min penalty he dosn't have to go into the garage as there is a ****ter he can bash right behind his car.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2383797)   #19
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.v814
........I cant imagine frosty or winterbottom having an argument ........
me either!!!!......Is that like yelling at yourself in the mirror?????
Old 1 Feb 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2383855)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
good pick up there but i assume he mean't Frosty and Whincup.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2383895)   #21
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Woolley said is right, but it extends to the cars too. People complained the cars weren't even in performance, so they introduced "parity", now they complain they're too close and there's no passing!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Feb 2009, 02:56 (Ref:2383966)   #22
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_f3
me either!!!!......Is that like yelling at yourself in the mirror?????
Hahaha i cant believe i wrote that i must have been half asleep

I meant i could see frosty and holdsworth having an argument.

Last edited by nic.v814; 2 Feb 2009 at 02:59.