2 0 0%
1 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jul 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2725467)   #26
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
8. Not too shabby. New layout has proven itself in my eyes as a good circuit, FIA GT, MotoGP, and now F1 (which unlike the other two, usually has boring races) all had good races. Yes the old layout is classic but this is good. I didn't particulary like all the huge gravel traps and pavement where lush green grass used to be, but whatever.
That's what I meant about tarting the place up a bit

It sounds a bit OTT, but could they not do something a bit fancy on the run-offs? Like some artwork of former champions or something of the sort?

On that note, they should put some nice lights on the run-offs for Abu Dhabi, or something

Selby
Old 12 Jul 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2725495)   #27
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of overtaking.
A good race, a good season with the promise of more to come.
P

P.S. Is EJ colour blind? His clothes where louder than the full grid race start.
Pink pants and fuscia shoes? Looks like he raided Grannie's wardrobe again.

Last edited by Lotusonpole; 12 Jul 2010 at 14:13.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2725505)   #28
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
It sounds a bit OTT, but could they not do something a bit fancy on the run-offs? Like some artwork of former champions or something of the sort?
...and there's Webber, doing a burnout on Nigel Mansell's face...

I voted 7; good race, a bit boring at times but the TV director picked up the best parts.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2725507)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post

I voted 7; good race, a bit boring at times but the TV director picked up the best parts.

Actually, good point about the director. We didn't have to put up with seeing F1's equivilant's to "WAGs".

Selby
Old 12 Jul 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2725537)   #30
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post

Actually apart from the gratuitious pub quiz I think the coverage on the BBC was as good as I've ever seen motorsport televised anywhere incuding the pre-show and the forum.

Getting back on topic I thought it was a really good race and gave it an 8.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2725560)   #31
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least a 7. Great battles throughout, Vettel charging through the field, Safety Car intervention, not many retirements, good results for some, and I was at one of the best flag points, Abbey Link.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2725661)   #32
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First race I've actually attended so would give it a 10 for that, but been home and watched it back on TV now and I'll go for a 7. Some good battles, the new section has improved overtaking but perhaps not as much as we were hoping for. But for a circuit with so little time spent on the brakes I think it does quite well!

The tyres were far too effective this race though, which took some of the fun out! Vettel put on the hard tyres after a single lap and they stayed fresh enough to give him great grip all race long. Made the pit stops feel more redundant than in most other races.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2725948)   #33
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 from me - was enjoyable trackside and looked good on TV as well.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2726315)   #34
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave an 8. I think the new circuit layout has helped and there were some good mid-field dices but still not enough overtaking.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2726324)   #35
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it an 8 - Webber deserved his win, but nobody deserved EJ's shirt and same old, same old, MS commentary from same old, same old commentator.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2726379)   #36
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't like the Arena section, give me the old bridge section back please.
Tweak tweak fiddle - make it moto-GP friendly - sigh.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2726630)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should alternate it. One year old GP circuit, the other year new GP circuit.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2726642)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
First race I've actually attended so would give it a 10 for that,
You lucky *******!

Quote:
but been home and watched it back on TV now and I'll go for a 7. Some good battles, the new section has improved overtaking but perhaps not as much as we were hoping for. But for a circuit with so little time spent on the brakes I think it does quite well!
Reality bites! You're comparing the tv coverage with what you saw. No comparison, I thought it was a great race based on the TV (I'm in Doha).

Quote:
The tyres were far too effective this race though, which took some of the fun out! Vettel put on the hard tyres after a single lap and they stayed fresh enough to give him great grip all race long. Made the pit stops feel more redundant than in most other races.
We had this (gawd I feel soooooo old!) in the eighties. It was brilliant! Same as now except they (the FIA) dictate the compound. Then the compound was what teams could afford.

Revel in the experience, then come along to Snetterton 15 August and see a few club racers trying to make their cars last for 6 hours.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2728643)   #39
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
First race I've actually attended so would give it a 10 for that, but been home and watched it back on TV now and I'll go for a 7.
Same for me in that it was my first GP, but even having watched the TV coverage, I've still given it a 9. I do actually think the race would have got a 7 from me had I only seen it on TV, but I just have to give it the extra couple of points for atmosphere.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Jul 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2728732)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
As much as I love the British Grand Prix...I thought is was pretty average this year so I gave it a 6...
Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2729700)   #41
XR8Chic
Rookie

Australia
Vic
XR8Chic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved it - because of Webber, but yeah - it wasn't the most action packed race.
KS Motorsports - Saloon Car #70
"I wanna go fast"