Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2871303)   #76
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
QuarterRik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weekend we have seen a great rallycross.
A few stars that disappointed, and underdogs who then made ​​a big impression.

Eriksson's team that it's apparently too much with his head in America, the Volvo Hunsbeth still not at full speed.

Interestingly, the two Hansen Citroens who was beaten by the French Citroen.
Just a shame that Valle did not made it to the finals.

The beautiful place of unexpected 3 Koen Pauwels, and beautiful to someone after 13 absences reflected, JM Laurant, with the Skoda Fabia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Was actually quite entertaining watching a load of guys on Sunday getting huffy with the press snappers!

I kind of see both sides, those guys are being paid to get good shots, the speccies are just trying and should have some right to a view.

But I feel that the press guys are there for work so should get the best spots, got a little feisty though!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, I see your point. To be fair most of the photographers there seemed pretty decent and were checking behind them and/or squatting down to take shots.

I appreciate they are being paid to be there, but we have paid to get in there, so having someone walk along and plonk themselves right in front of me with no regard for whose view they might be blocking (irrespective of whether I have a camera or not) is a bit frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Yeah this was my thought exactly. We were sitting nearer the loose/joker split at chessons, and had a pretty much uninterrupted view until later in the afternoon when we had a wall of 3 or 4 photographers perfectly placed to completely block the view we had of the chicane, I mean I know they are doing their job but it was a bit of a joke to be honest. One i could deal with but a whole group, no thanks!
My big disappointment for me this weekend is the behavior of the "professional" photographers.
If you as a press photographer have a childish behavior towards an amateur, it's normal that they finally react.
I stood beside the Shot who lost his temper, and he was more than right.

As an amateur photographer you would love to have the possibility of accreditation.
And the professional photographers are all over in groups coincides exactly the same picture taken, only to deliberately obstruct the amateurs.

While they have access to the full circuit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
And those who said the Saab of Eklund is outdated... Must be good for him to see it in the A-final!
The Saab is a complete new car,the Prodrive transmission is replaced by a Volvo 4WD one,and the suspension is also completly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyloverke View Post
Great weekend Lydden! Thx to all the drivers!
@ rallyloverke,nice to meet you.

Here are some of my pictures,some are bether than the other.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1067001...llEKRallycross#

Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2871334)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be brutally honest, why do you think all the press guys are stood there?

Coz it's the best place to take pics from I guess?

In which case you are going to struggle unless you have a bib! I guess you could complain to the organisers but I imagine they have more important things to worry about?

I have had experience of this before and the circuit and drivers/websites need the best pics, the press guys want to take them so congregate in the best places, like jumps in motocross.

You are a mere punter, yes you have paid but that doesn't really give you exclusive rights to take pictures where you like. You can try of course and most press snappers will heed your complaints, but as I saw most will not take much no notice.

As for thinking they were doing it deliberately well that is a farce!! The main issue is that there is a bank round the whole track, they cant stand below it?

Anyway, besides that nonsense, great pics and I thought Heikki's car was new too!
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2871411)   #78
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
If i wherein there place, then I was still not the place where all my colleagues are,if you want a original picture.
They have equipment to take pictures from one side of the circuit to another.

If some agitation came from behind the fence, a conversation started with the leading photographers constantly glances in the direction of the amateurs .
Rallycross supporters with a camera are irritating the established apparently.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2871432)   #79
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Not from where I was stood 10ft behind them on the grid!
yea anti-lag/ launch control yes its loud but after that its not, they have flat change so no anti-lag there between gear changes ,and behind them they are so quiet
Old 28 Apr 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2871457)   #80
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In which case you are going to struggle unless you have a bib! I guess you could complain to the organisers but I imagine they have more important things to worry about?

I have had experience of this before and the circuit and drivers/websites need the best pics, the press guys want to take them so congregate in the best places, like jumps in motocross.

You are a mere punter, yes you have paid but that doesn't really give you exclusive rights to take pictures where you like. You can try of course and most press snappers will heed your complaints, but as I saw most will not take much no notice.

As for thinking they were doing it deliberately well that is a farce!! The main issue is that there is a bank round the whole track, they cant stand below it?

Anyway, besides that nonsense, great pics and I thought Heikki's car was new too!
Where is the "like" button, chunder?

If my colleagues need to take full care of anyone with a camera behind the fence there would be NO SPOT AT ALL for them, but inside the track.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2871489)   #81
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I kind of thought you would agree ED!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2871655)   #82
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterRik View Post

With all due respect for the opinions, this seems to me like a line-up.

Quote:

I wanted to raise it.
Otherwise the frustration only gets bigger.
It may not matter to me honestly, I visited only 3 races per year.
Ultimately, this criticism should be regarded as possitieve.
So states like last Sunday are not getting worse.Now it was just entertainment.

Thank you for the kind words about my photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Where is the "like" button, chunder?

If my colleagues need to take full care of anyone with a camera behind the fence there would be NO SPOT AT ALL for them, but inside the track.
I understand completely but obviously I was not alone with my response
Rallycross should receive the most media as possible, let us make it work
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2871677)   #83
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote: With all due respect for the opinions, this seems to me like a line-up.

What is the prob with a line-up? Are there any rules that there should be only one snapper at a time at one spot? Why have you been there, but behind the fence? Coz is a good place for taking pics? Do you think you are the only one to know that and nobody else comes there over the weekend? Do you think you have exclusive rights on the view coz you paid for a spectator ticket? These guys were there to do their job, you were there to spectate!

The only thing I would have done different from my colleagues would have been to kneel down or to sit on my a…!

Quote: Rallycross should receive the most media as possible, let us make it work

Aha, you bring media? If so, you would be able to get a snappers bib! You just bring pictures into a forum or two (like you did some time ago with other peoples old pictures and without any rights to do it!), thats all and the reason why you do not get an accreditation. BTW, can you imagine you had been able to get a bib? I’m certain you would have been just ANOTHER ONE in that very line-up…

This never ending story makes me sick! People want to see photos from the races, but they don’t want to see photographers chasing around to take them…

Quote: And the professional photographers are all over in groups coincides exactly the same picture taken, only to deliberately obstruct the amateurs.

WHAT UTTER NONSENSE FROM SOMEONE WHO IS JUST JEALOUS OF GETTING NO BIB!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2871690)   #84
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The only thing I would have done different from my colleagues would have been to kneel down or to sit on my a…!
As a spectator, that is all I would ask. As much as I would like a bib to get a bit closer and get better pictures, I accept you chaps are there for professional not personal reasons. I heard others complaining (not just those with cameras! ) at two seperate locations on the track as the line of photographers settled in front of the fence then blocked everyones view.

As for the "line up" thing, it seemed that the photographers were moving round in a group, as I saw the group in that photo there at a couple of spots. Although I accept that it must be pretty boring to be trackside on your own, if the photographers moved around as individuals (and ducked down!), then you wouldn't have these large groups of people blocking the view as QuarterRik and brands hatch have described. From when I was standing by the start line as well, the press photographers seemed to be drawing more grief from the crowd as several of them weren't even taking pictures.

For me personally its a shame if I can't get the shot I want, but if thats the case I'll put down the camera and watch the racing (which is what I'm there for!). But if I can't do that because of a line of people standing in front of me then I find that pretty bloody frustrating.

Still, based on the opinions being voiced from both sides of the fence, I can't see either side being satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200
yea anti-lag/ launch control yes its loud but after that its not
Yeah, thats what I thought. Sod the noise restrictions, more noisy Anti-lag please!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2871694)   #85
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
@ tbtstt: When I took pics myself I went for practice, each heat and the finals to different spots, always trying to get the sun in my back or at least from a certain rear angle. I guess my colleagues just do the same. And they usually come together where the best pics can be taken. They defo do not come together "only to deliberately obstruct the amateurs"…

Last edited by rx-guru; 29 Apr 2011 at 10:05.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2871695)   #86
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterRik View Post
My big disappointment for me this weekend is the behavior of the "professional" photographers.
If you as a press photographer have a childish behavior towards an amateur, it's normal that they finally react.
I stood beside the Shot who lost his temper, and he was more than right.
If anybody has any difficulties with 'press' photographers I would recommend asking them which media/press organisation they are working for. I'm sure the answer you will get in many cases is 'I'm freelance', meaning they upload photographs to there own website and very occasionally get photographs published in Motorsport News or other publications. While I agree this is the only way any coverage can be obtained at club level meetings, to be honest, I don't think it cuts it at international meetings such as this one.

On another note I do not think it is reasonable to want anybody to kneel down on what could potentially be quite a dangerous part of the circuit.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2871703)   #87
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
@ westfieldbend: One can be sure that it is very hard to get an accreditation for ERC rounds these days and that people who just upload images to there own website do not even need to ask for a bib.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2871709)   #88
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
Quote:

This is exactly what the people asked, no more no less!

Aha, you bring media? If so, you would be able to get a snappers bib! You just bring pictures into a forum or two (like you did some time ago with other peoples old pictures and without any rights to do it!), thats all and the reason why you do not get an accreditation. BTW, can you imagine you had been able to get a bib? I’m certain you would have been just ANOTHER ONE in that very line-up…

This never ending story makes me sick! People want to see photos from the races, but they don’t want to see photographers chasing around to take them…

Eddi, I think I've been meaning incorrectly.
What I mean is that Rallycross should appear more in general car and autosport media.
Have you seen one picture eversince,it is time you see that i do not want to get in the way of the pro´s.
If due to that "forum" or two,20 more people come to a race and one of them buys a calendar,the pro´s have won.

Quote: And the professional photographers are all over in groups coincides exactly the same picture taken, only to deliberately obstruct the amateurs.

WHAT UTTER NONSENSE FROM SOMEONE WHO IS JUST JEALOUS OF GETTING NO BIB!
Thats a bit low,it is not necessary to be hostile.
In racing, we always had a short friendly conversation, I have no hard feelings whatsoever.
I hope this is not different in the future.
The ambition to have accreditation for rallycross get is already well stored.
Normally Lydden itself is the only race where I take pictures, just because it tracks such as Maasmechelen and Valkenswaard is prevented by the safety nets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
As a spectator, that is all I would ask. As much as I would like a bib to get a bit closer and get better pictures, I accept you chaps are there for professional not personal reasons. I heard others complaining (not just those with cameras! ) at two seperate locations on the track as the line of photographers settled in front of the fence then blocked everyones view.

As for the "line up" thing, it seemed that the photographers were moving round in a group, as I saw the group in that photo there at a couple of spots. Although I accept that it must be pretty boring to be trackside on your own, if the photographers moved around as individuals (and ducked down!), then you wouldn't have these large groups of people blocking the view as QuarterRik and brands hatch have described. From when I was standing by the start line as well, the press photographers seemed to be drawing more grief from the crowd as several of them weren't even taking pictures.

For me personally its a shame if I can't get the shot I want, but if thats the case I'll put down the camera and watch the racing (which is what I'm there for!). But if I can't do that because of a line of people standing in front of me then I find that pretty bloody frustrating.

Still, based on the opinions being voiced from both sides of the fence, I can't see either side being satisfied!
Thanks for your support and understanding.
I should not get equal,to be satisfied.
I am there in the first place because I love this sport most of all.
With or without camera.
Old 2 May 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2873069)   #89
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Cujo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage is on Motors TV at 8pm tonight
Old 2 May 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2873096)   #90
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Saab looks - especially with this livery - great!
Old 2 May 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2873168)   #91
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes,that Saab made a big step.
Heikkinen is very good as well.
Old 5 May 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2874509)   #92
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About a week too late, but I finally got the pictures off my camera and online! Heres a couple:

(Just out of focus. Annoying!)

(Easily my fave looking of all Supercars on the day)

Best of the rest can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2296161...7626527672101/

Old 5 May 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2875017)   #93
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes it does, but I would like to see more of a WRC spoiler, instead of this F1 style you see in the late 90's...
Old 6 May 2011, 06:56 (Ref:2875119)   #94
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Per probably still has laods laying around from the Clarion days when everyone was using them!

Some of the cars form back then looked so stupid! Hansen's wide Xsara, Paillera insanely wide Xantia and Jernberg's huge Escort, all with massive spliters and F1 wings! Very funny
Old 6 May 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2875169)   #95
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
There is nothing that came ever any close to that stupid looking "aero dynamic stuff" of the Iversen cars.
Old 6 May 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2875174)   #96
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spoilers on rallycross cars, do they realy work that much?
Old 6 May 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2875246)   #97
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is nothing that came ever any close to that stupid looking "aero dynamic stuff" of the Iversen cars.
was it one of these rs-200's who lost all that "stuff" and more during a huge roll in Maasmechelen? the yellow rs-200?
Old 6 May 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2875292)   #98
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyloverke View Post
was it one of these rs-200's who lost all that "stuff" and more during a huge roll in Maasmechelen? the yellow rs-200?
Yep! Old Jan Arthur had an American bloke working for him and for Thor Holm too. I guess the guy did know what he was doing, but the late JAI had always very strange oppinions about the bodywork of his cars. And he who pays the piper…
Old 6 May 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2875383)   #99
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Thor Holm's one was fairly daft aswell from memory! And did he ever take it to Pikes Peak as that is what it was designed for I believe? The Rs200 attracted various styles, the basic original shape being my fave, seconded by Renny's big rear wing design that Rolf Nilsson later used.

Always liked Pekka's cars, very purposeful and some of the rarer ones like Tore Bratlies looked awesome, but my fave is Renny's blue wonder, central pipes blaring ou flame every gearchange up Hairy Hill, cool stuff.