Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2951093)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
BRSCC Oulton, Sept 3rd

We're very quick to whinge when we think we're badly done to . . . not so quick when we're treated well, are we?

At last Saturday's BRSCC meeting we got a decent lunch break - long enough for me to go back to the Paddock from Lakeside.

Those of us who took the trouble to read the briefing notes will also have known that, in the event of the lunch break being seriously curtailed, arrangements could have been made for marshals at posts not adjacent to toilets to be picked up by a course car to allow a "comfort break".

Some great racing too!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2951109)   #2
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me that kinda highlights the issue. SOME clubs are very considerate of the issues that may arise during curtailed or canceled lunches, others just leave us to fend for ourselves. The fact that the subject gets mentioned with such regularity here suggests there is some way for some clubs to go to catch up with others.

I cant recall not enjoying any of the BRSCC stuff I have done at Pembrey, and they usually manage to give us a reasonable break during the day - albeit sometimes belated

Just My Opinion.... YMMV
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2951117)   #3
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
We're very quick to whinge when we think we're badly done to . . . not so quick when we're treated well, are we?

At last Saturday's BRSCC meeting we got a decent lunch break - long enough for me to go back to the Paddock from Lakeside.

Those of us who took the trouble to read the briefing notes will also have known that, in the event of the lunch break being seriously curtailed, arrangements could have been made for marshals at posts not adjacent to toilets to be picked up by a course car to allow a "comfort break".

Some great racing too!
A valid point, and we got drinks and butties too! I did express my thanks on the day, and I have no doubt that the BRSCC - NW will continue to be well supported in the future as a consequence.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2951226)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
A valid point, and we got drinks and butties too! I did express my thanks on the day, and I have no doubt that the BRSCC - NW will continue to be well supported in the future as a consequence.
absolutely 100% agree brscc nw, barc, msvr have all been brilliant this year at oulton (not done any cscc, amoc,hscc, et al - not saying theyre rubbish though!!) i have to say ive thoroughly enjoyed every meeting ive done this year at oulton, it seems to be very well organised and nice to work with everyone there. im affraid its different for what ever reason when ive been to other tracks, i for one will devote my entire season to oulton from next year with the very occasional visit to other circuits for the bigger meetings.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2951306)   #5
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great meeting. We had a great crew at Lodge, not much to do but that, we don't mind, especially as we got to see some good racing.

We got the sandwiches and pork pies at the end of the day. I think they were donated by the boys and girls from the Caterhams. So a huge thankyou to them and the waving was fantastic too.

Elliot.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2951347)   #6
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08 View Post
We got the sandwiches and pork pies at the end of the day. I think they were donated by the boys and girls from the Caterhams. So a huge thankyou to them and the waving was fantastic too.

Elliot.
They were donated by the caterham hospitality people and as the end of the day was earlier than predicted so more time for sociallising, it was very welcome

I spoke to the caterham lads as they were packing up the unit and passed on my thanks both for the food and for the racing which by Caterham satandards was very claen ( at Least at Druids)
Old 5 Sep 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2951384)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Caterham satandards
Is that what they call a Freudian slip?
Old 6 Sep 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2951537)   #8
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They were donated by the caterham hospitality people and as the end of the day was earlier than predicted so more time for sociallising, it was very welcome

I spoke to the caterham lads as they were packing up the unit and passed on my thanks both for the food and for the racing which by Caterham satandards was very claen ( at Least at Druids)
you should have been at knicker mate, absolute mayhem with the clatterhams as always, great couple of races,
Old 6 Sep 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2951758)   #9
bouncyclare
Rookie

England
bury lancs
bouncyclare should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would love to say thanx to,i personaly never go for a drnk after racing im a light wieght and always go straight home,it was lovley to get a good break and watch the brilliant racing.
I want to say i had a great day due to lhaving ago at flagging,the boys i was with at water tower were great,very helpful,hope i dint cause any confusion to the drivers!!!
Old 6 Sep 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2951805)   #10
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncyclare View Post
I want to say i had a great day due to lhaving ago at flagging,the boys i was with at water tower were great,very helpful,hope i dint cause any confusion to the drivers!!!
Ah that explains the strange flagging at Water Tower:

Serioulsy what i saw from Druids looked spot on, you must have been looked after well
Old 6 Sep 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2951841)   #11
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I believe, Graham - Post Chief at Old Hall, wore two pens out writing about Caterhams and Formula Fords.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day, which we somehow managed to get and keep fifteen minutes ahead of schedule and I was very sorry that the last race was cancelled.

Thank you for the pies and sandwiches - they were most welcome.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2951873)   #12
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncyclare View Post
... I want to say i had a great day due to lhaving ago at flagging,the boys i was with at water tower were great,very helpful,hope i dint cause any confusion to the drivers!!!
You were excellent, as was Ian (and also Andy), particularly as you'd never done it before. Very good indeed.

Quote:
... Serioulsy what i saw from Druids looked spot on, you must have been looked after well

By a Living God, no less. (Clare will understand the joke, Richard.)

Bless you, my children

Phil