Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Apr 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3062004)   #51
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if it has been mentioned previously, but a new (1 season old) c'ship that I will be joining for the first time this year at Brands on 29th April, is the BMW Compact Cup. Grids last year were 10 cars by end of the year (not bad for fist year at club level), and the entry for this year for the first round is 25 cars!

The car (BMW 318i Compact E36) costs around £4k to buy and build, with probably about another £2-3k running costs for the year.

Check it out.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3064820)   #52
AlexF
Racer

United Kingdom
Newbury
AlexF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drayton Mannon Metro Cup?

Metros of all sorts and even MG ZR 105s....

Looks cheap...

Alex
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3064969)   #53
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX View Post
Apologies if it has been mentioned previously, but a new (1 season old) c'ship that I will be joining for the first time this year at Brands on 29th April, is the BMW Compact Cup. Grids last year were 10 cars by end of the year (not bad for fist year at club level), and the entry for this year for the first round is 25 cars!

The car (BMW 318i Compact E36) costs around £4k to buy and build, with probably about another £2-3k running costs for the year.

Check it out.
Does that series not combine with the BMW Z3 Roazter series? The cars are also eligible for the CSCC "Deutsche Marque" series if you fancy some 40 min, 2 driver races.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3067435)   #54
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Does that series not combine with the BMW Z3 Roazter series? The cars are also eligible for the CSCC "Deutsche Marque" series if you fancy some 40 min, 2 driver races.
It did last year Andy, in its first season. It now has stand alone grid and for the first round at Brands Hatch yesterday there was 25 cars.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3067478)   #55
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that BMW roadster series even still alive? I thought it had died like the Golf GTI diesels the 750MC also tried last year?

Must admit though, I was amazed by the transformation in the quality/size of the Compact grid from last year, especially as I havent heard anything about it from the 750MC when I was a member? Looked a good competitive series straight away.
Old 8 May 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3071205)   #56
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its not just entry fees that need to be considered.

Club memberships and championship/series registration fees should also be taken into account. These can vary wildly from club to club and could add as much as £275 to your first race entry fee!

Luckily to join BARC SEC is just £50 and then £30 to register for your first series/championship and £15 for each subsequent. So even if you chose to register for all three, your only looking at £110 in total.
Old 8 May 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3071316)   #57
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheap racing? Hah, the racewear.co.uk Team Silver Arrows Porsche 924 I ran in the 6 hour race last weekend cost £160 on eBay. I reckon it cost me £1500 all-up to get on track. And don't think I'm some kind of engineering dynamo, I'm a complete mechanical dunderhead as anyone looking at my car will know. I don't have a garage so I built it in the drive. If I can do it anyone can. it's pretty cheap to get on the grid. Oh, and I don't have a deep pocket but I stopped going down the pub, eating out etc etc and managed to build the car without straining the marital finances!

The cost for 3 of us to enter a good quality 6 hour race was £850 per head, splitting the entry fee, fuel and tyres between us. That was cheap racing, we got loads of seat time each. Go to www.360mrc.com for the full info, rumour has it there will be more races soon.

I reckon I spent less on that than my mates do on Club 100 racing. Good times needn't be expensive times!
Old 9 May 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3071610)   #58
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Cheap racing? Hah, the racewear.co.uk Team Silver Arrows Porsche 924 I ran in the 6 hour race last weekend cost £160 on eBay. I reckon it cost me £1500 all-up to get on track. And don't think I'm some kind of engineering dynamo, I'm a complete mechanical dunderhead as anyone looking at my car will know. I don't have a garage so I built it in the drive. If I can do it anyone can. it's pretty cheap to get on the grid. Oh, and I don't have a deep pocket but I stopped going down the pub, eating out etc etc and managed to build the car without straining the marital finances!

The cost for 3 of us to enter a good quality 6 hour race was £850 per head, splitting the entry fee, fuel and tyres between us. That was cheap racing, we got loads of seat time each. Go to www.360mrc.com for the full info, rumour has it there will be more races soon.

I reckon I spent less on that than my mates do on Club 100 racing. Good times needn't be expensive times!
I think what 360MRC are doing is excellent and of course more races would potentially reduce race entry fees as well, making it an even more attractive option for novice racers.

The 6 hour is definitely something I would look to do next year if I could get the budget and the car put together. The advantage is that with the regulations, I could probably run the car in the Classic Sports Car Club Tin Tops Championship as well.
Old 9 May 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3071669)   #59
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsportaddict View Post
I think what 360MRC are doing is excellent and of course more races would potentially reduce race entry fees as well, making it an even more attractive option for novice racers.

The 6 hour is definitely something I would look to do next year if I could get the budget and the car put together. The advantage is that with the regulations, I could probably run the car in the Classic Sports Car Club Tin Tops Championship as well.

You can and you will be able to do both.
Old 17 May 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3075724)   #60
stockhatcher
Rookie

stockhatcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so this weekend, I have paid £100 for my race entry at SEMSEC, and i also get 4 free races as well in the invitation events.

so that's 2x15 min qually plus 5x12 mins races = 90.

90 mins for £100. perfect. £1.10 per min