Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3282408)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1: 22 equal cars, no sponsors perks, who should drive

with all the talk of Banchi and Ferrari engines/cash placing him at Maurissia, Toto Wolf putting his wife in his team, Max Chilton's dad buying into the team to get him his seat, some drivers getting edged out by lesser drivers with money/sponsor deals etc etc, I wonder who are the 22 drivers who would be there if it just came down to the best drivers for the job

22 F1 cars all equal, no sponsors, no cash top ups from pay drivers, no nationality playing in, just two things to consider

1.) drivers speed/ability to drive the car
2.) drivers ability to work with team to setup the car.

who are the 22 drivers that should be driving in F1 based on being the pest drivers
Old 27 Jul 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3282450)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me that isn't Motorsport, but that's a different thread...

However, to answer you question:
Alonso. Others in f1 would make it, but that is my clear cut answer and allows others to have a go!
Old 27 Jul 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3282504)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was that what A1 GP did but it was drivers from different countries?
Old 27 Jul 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3282505)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Different thread.

My second choice. Vettel.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3282566)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's hard to argue with the choices made so far.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3282575)   #6
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
who are the 22 drivers that should be driving in F1 based on being the pest drivers
There's Maldonado, Gutierrez and van der Garde already driving!

Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3282619)   #7
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I'm not only going to list the 22 drivers, but also there teams.

Red Bull
1. Kimi Raikkonen
2. Fernando Alonso

Ferrari
3. Lewis Hamilton
4. Nico Rosberg

Mclaren
5. Mika Hakkinen
6. David Coulthard

Lotus
7. Ayrton Senna
8. Johnny Herbert

Mercedes
9. Alan Prost
10. Michael Schumacher

Sauber
11. Daniel Riccardo
12. Kamui Kobayashi

Willams
13. Alan Jones
14. Keke Rosberg

Force India
15. Jean-Eric Vergne
16. Adrian Sutil

Toro Rosso
17. Sebastian Vettel
18. Sebastian Buemi

Caterham
19. Hekki Kovalainen
20. Jules Bianchi

Marussia
21. Timo Glock
22. Charles Pic
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3282628)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why include drivers that aren't active in the list? And demoting Vettel to toro rosso instead of red bull for raikkonen and alonso??
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:32 (Ref:3282635)   #9
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Why include drivers that aren't active in the list? And demoting Vettel to toro rosso instead of red bull for raikkonen and alonso??
Because some of the 2013 drivers in my opinion don't deserve to be driving still. Also in my opinion Vettel doesn't deserve to be with RBR because those two drivers that I put would be better choices. Besides he did very well with the STR in 2008.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3282639)   #10
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
amidst tundra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
Because some of the 2013 drivers in my opinion don't deserve to be driving still. Also in my opinion Vettel doesn't deserve to be with RBR because those two drivers that I put would be better choices. Besides he did very well with the STR in 2008.
Right, but also picking aging and deceased drivers? Nice touch, not liable to pick up many points. I'd buy it, but your list is hardly an all-stars of all time list either... I'd have Mansell over pretty much everyone on your list.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 03:50 (Ref:3282642)   #11
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidst tundra View Post
Right, but also picking aging and deceased drivers? Nice touch, not liable to pick up many points. I'd buy it, but your list is hardly an all-stars of all time list either... I'd have Mansell over pretty much everyone on your list.
Looking at my list again I think Mansell should be at Lotus as the second driver
Old 28 Jul 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3282648)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiVodka View Post
So deciding that he has dominated the series in a Red Bull, but hey he did ok over in STR means he should be moved out for two drivers that haven't driven the Red Bull before?? I'm not sure I follow that logic any more than you claiming Senna or Herbert is Mansell in someway. The point of the question I believe was to ask what drivers in junior series or those let go for lack of funding should be in 2013 drivers' slots if money was no factor. And even if as posited all cars are equal why move drivers to another team?
Old 28 Jul 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3282676)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Different thread.

My second choice. Vettel.
I'd go with Vettel as my first choice then Alonso.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3282755)   #14
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton, Bottas, Hulkenberg, Rosberg, Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen, Perez, Button for certain of the active drivers.

Lucas di Grassi could've been a huge success story in F1, but ended up being overshadowed by the incredible Timo Glock in an appalling Marussia, and with the average rookie mistake it made him look useless, so that was the end of his F1 career.

I personally think that Maximilian Gotz could've had an awesome career in single seaters (this guy beat Vettel not only in karts, but in FBMW), but ended up going to a bad team in Euro F3 for 2004. He was dropped, but returned for the finale with the team running Sutil and Hamilton, replacing Sutil, and claimed a podium in his first race, beaten only by Hamilton and di Grassi.

Kevin Magnussen could be a big name soon, but my only worry is that he'll go to one of the bad teams if McLaren successfully push him into F1 for next season, and makes a couple of mistakes in his rookie season, and that is the end of the road.

Jamie Green? Anyone who read Autosport's top 50 drivers who never raced in F1 will know what I'm on about.

And, in my opinion, let Christian Montanari have a one-off at Monaco. That would be awesome.

I think the problem with doing this is not only choosing the drivers, but also choosing which team they're in!
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3282841)   #15
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So deciding that he has dominated the series in a Red Bull, but hey he did ok over in STR means he should be moved out for two drivers that haven't driven the Red Bull before?? I'm not sure I follow that logic any more than you claiming Senna or Herbert is Mansell in someway. The point of the question I believe was to ask what drivers in junior series or those let go for lack of funding should be in 2013 drivers' slots if money was no factor. And even if as posited all cars are equal why move drivers to another team?
The point was to pick the best 22 drivers to race in equal F1 cars and the teams were just made up combinations I wouldn't mind seeing
Old 28 Jul 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3283009)   #16
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ryan Briscoe, James Courtney, Will Davison, Björn Wirdheim, Alx Danielsson, Edoardo Mortara, Alvaro Parente?

Everyone should have been in F1 atleast one time in their respective careers!
Old 28 Jul 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3283017)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd have them all driven by radio control from the pits..........

........save a fortune on primadonna drivers.......
Old 29 Jul 2013, 06:03 (Ref:3283153)   #18
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of drivers competing currently?

Vettel Maldonado Frijns
Alonso Bottas Valsecchi

Hamilton Grosjean Kobayashi
Rosberg Perez Magnusson

Button Ricciardo Vandoorne
Raikkonen Vergne Glock

Hulkenberg Bianchi
Di Resta Sutil

Subs-
Bird, Colletti, Massa, Webber, da Costa

Harsh to leave out Massa and Webber I suppose.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3283161)   #19
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say it's insane to leave out Massa and Webber and have all of Valsecchi, Kobayashi, Sutil, Di Resta and Glock.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3283313)   #20
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I always think it is a shame that Jason Watt never made it due to his accident.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3283529)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
I always think it is a shame that Jason Watt never made it due to his accident.
Gonzalo Rodriquez too, both sad losses to F1!
Old 30 Jul 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3283600)   #22
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1.Vettel
2.Alonso

3.Raikkonen
4.Hamilton

5.Rosberg
6.Webber

7.Kristensen
8.Hulkenberg

9.Lotterer
10.Dixon

11.Button
12.Loeb

13.Rossi
14.Lorenzo

15.Bianchi
16.Pantano

17.Duval
18.Frijns

19.Massa
20.Di Resta

Wildcards
21.Whincup
22.Johnson
Old 30 Jul 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3283652)   #23
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone has read Autosport's feature then??!!

Felix Serralles is likely to become part of that list due to his back injury...

Petrov and Kubica over the majority of the current F1 field.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3283735)   #24
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Everyone has read Autosport's feature then??!!

Felix Serralles is likely to become part of that list due to his back injury...

Petrov and Kubica over the majority of the current F1 field.
Umm no, I don't subscribe!

Ptclaus98 I'd love to see Loeb in an F1 car!

Hope that isn't one V. Rossi you are suggesting!
Old 30 Jul 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3283806)   #25
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Loeb could shine in every car you put him in.

ptclaus98 mentioned Lorenzo, not that this is very relevant, but in the last Race of Champions event he was awfull to watch. If a had to pick a bike rider it would be Stoner, or Rossi who did very well on his GT Ferrari in Monza last year. But I think they neither of the three is even close to what other drivers listed can do.

What about Kyle Bush ? Don't often watch NASCAR but he seems to me the more talented driver over there. [knows he is hated, opens umbrella just in case]