Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Jun 2015, 04:36 (Ref:3553522)   #6951
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't think isc managing the track is a bad thing, it didn't say they are buying it.
Legally speaking they can't buy it unless the property gets rezoned.

That said, it's ISC. They don't go after things unless they want to OWN it. They will fight to get it rezoned and if they can't do it, they'll abandon the plan.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3553625)   #6952
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
ISC wants to own/run tracks so they can make money - apparently Laguna Seca potentially fit their criteria for that goal.

It almost sounds like it's a done deal already but we'll see, I expect a similar approach as with Sebring and Road Atlanta, still have to see the first major track adjustments on either of those, the only noticeable change is a (slight?) increase in ticket prices and so.

I'm sure we'll see some lower Nascar category series racing there at some point in the future but that's hardly cause for paranoia is it?
Old 24 Jun 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3553627)   #6953
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't say I'm a fan of NASCAR owning basically all of American sportscar racing tbh. But that really is where we're going, which is a bit depressing.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3553658)   #6954
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Can't say I'm a fan of NASCAR owning basically all of American sportscar racing tbh. But that really is where we're going, which is a bit depressing.
..and that is the real issue. I don't think ISC has managed their tracks poorly, but it's the defacto control of preventing rival series from being created, by controlling a large number of the tracks.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3553664)   #6955
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...l-to-lmp3.html

Greaves are hoping to move up to LMP1 next year, in a partnership with Kairos Technologies and probably SARD as well. I'd like to see this happen, Rebellion need some real competition. As much as I like how the byKolles team keep trying, they're far from challenging Rebellion, and that's not good for the (sub-)class.
I wonder what chassis they will use.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3553696)   #6956
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I wonder what chassis they will use.
More than one chassis under consideration. I think we can rule out the byKolles. One possibility would obviously be a customer R-One, if that would be available. Another one would be the existing Onroak LMP1 design. I could also imagine that they could convert the planned Gibson LMP2 coupé, which was abandoned due to the constructor limit in LMP2, to LMP1.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3553706)   #6957
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have wondered, if another customer team was to purchase new R-Ones from Oreca, would they still be happy to have the chassis labeled as "Rebellion R-One" in their team... I suspect the customer in question would like different branding, and different development curve for the chassis. "Oreca R-One", which it really is in all honesty of course, would be neutral
Old 24 Jun 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3553707)   #6958
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Id rather see something else than another Oreca.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3553729)   #6959
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see that concept LMP2 from Gibson transformed on a new LMP1. It wouldn't be very crazy idea, because Greaves has some strong links with Zytek/Gibson.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 08:20 (Ref:3553800)   #6960
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if Zytek would want to commit on such thing if they didn't receive advance chassis orders from more than just single team. There have been many talks from many constructors, but no takers

Also doubt Jota would move in along Greaves because pay person Dolan would bring the shĂ*p down in non-proam-forcefeed
Old 25 Jun 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3553951)   #6961
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
So what happens to SCRAMP
I've contacted my supervisor to find out the details, hopefully I will know something, and if I do, I will let you guys know, but as far as I know, SCRAMP is still the organizer for events at the track. Track is on Monterey Count Parks property, so no ownership switching. It appears the article is saying that track management will be under ISC if the deal goes through. For those who don't know, we at SCRAMP are volunteer, and quite possibly the only non-profit race track in the country/world??? As someone mentioned earlier, we did lose MotoGP, due to increasing fees. Seeing as the economy tanked, Monterey County didn't have or want to spend more money to keep it around, the local governements of Texas and Indy did, and that's why you have the events at COTA and Indy. But I'll tell you this, we're still in talks in trying to get them back here, the GP racers absolutely loved Laguna Seca and they hate Indy...according to racers and my friends who work in paddock
Old 3 Jul 2015, 03:28 (Ref:3555525)   #6962
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, got a little info back. My boss unfortunately isn't in every board meeting but here it goes: It appears the County sort of sprung a surprise seeing as the story about Laguna seca was in the Monterey Herald and there was really no comment or response prepared from SCRAMP. ISC and Monterey County have entered in a 90 day Exploratorium. This period is sort of a "put options and ideas on the table". We at SCRAMP and the community do have our concerns thoughts about ISC/NASCAR coming to our track. An interesting note, ISC would not come to a place if they didn't think there would be money to be made. Here's where it gets' interesting,,, ISC is for-profit, SCRAMP is non-profit. There are many groups and organizations that benefit from our donations in the community. You can sure bet that those groups are worried about that. The County has it's rules and procedures about business trying to establish a foothold. It's during these 90 days that people, groups, and organizations will get their say and voice their thoughts about such a move. In these parts of the county, certain communities have fought tooth and nail to prevent Wal-Mart from gaining a footing, you can sure bet they will be here about this. What the future holds for the track and SCRAMP we haven't a clue, still 3 months away
Old 3 Jul 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3555587)   #6963
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
SARD announces its lightplane business division will develop amphibious aircraft called SA4N-300.
"S" means SARD. "A" means Aircraft. "4" means 4 seater. "N" means NA. "300" means engine horsepower.
http://www.sard.co.jp/pdf/1506_lightplane_RD.pdf
Old 3 Jul 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3555616)   #6964
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
SARD announces its lightplane business division will develop amphibious aircraft called SA4N-300.
"S" means SARD. "A" means Aircraft. "4" means 4 seater. "N" means NA. "300" means engine horsepower.
http://www.sard.co.jp/pdf/1506_lightplane_RD.pdf

Can we propose this for the 2017 P2 regs?
Old 4 Jul 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3555732)   #6965
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather have SARD making airplanes and other amphibious vehicles than racing...
Old 5 Jul 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3555899)   #6966
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the AC Cobra Motorsport Facebook page they have shown some computer generation images of the new GTE/GT3 car they are building.
It's an absolute beauty.

They have also listed the points they needed to pass in order to get the car homologated properly, saying that they've ticked all those boxes.

I hope there ends up being both GT3 and GTE versions racing.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3555917)   #6967
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had forgotten about the AC program. Are they making street versions in enough numbers to meet the class minimums for GTE?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3555921)   #6968
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://www.facebook.com/ACCorbaMoto...e=1&permPage=1

After many months of preparation, calculations and negotiations we are so far to start next Thursday the building process from the first LMGTE chassis at the AC factory plant.

Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:17 (Ref:3555961)   #6969
Deleted
Veteran

4. A minimum off build road going cars

AC Automotive GmbH the official AC Cobra builder has achieved these requirements.

Yes but genuinely, or through waivers...
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3555969)   #6970
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
4. A minimum off build road going cars

AC Automotive GmbH the official AC Cobra builder has achieved these requirements.

Yes but genuinely, or through waivers...
I thought the minimum requirement for road cars was much smaller for manufacturers classified as "small-volume"? I seem to remember the minimum production run was about 50 cars in that case, but the only car that fell under that bracket for homologation in the last 7-8 years was the Spyker. So if they are registered with the ACO as a small-volume manufacturer, it's far easier to get the minimum production numbers.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3555972)   #6971
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
https://www.facebook.com/ACCorbaMoto...e=1&permPage=1

After many months of preparation, calculations and negotiations we are so far to start next Thursday the building process from the first LMGTE chassis at the AC factory plant.

what the ****!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3555979)   #6972
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I thought the minimum requirement for road cars was much smaller for manufacturers classified as "small-volume"? I seem to remember the minimum production run was about 50 cars in that case, but the only car that fell under that bracket for homologation in the last 7-8 years was the Spyker. So if they are registered with the ACO as a small-volume manufacturer, it's far easier to get the minimum production numbers.
50 cars is still something Have heard nothing about the road car
Old 5 Jul 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3555982)   #6973
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
50 cars is still something Have heard nothing about the road car
There are lots of Cobra replicas on the road all over the world, a few dozen of those must have been made by this manufacturer.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:31 (Ref:3556062)   #6974
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Replicas? Isn't AC Cars still in business? http://www.ac-automotive.com/en/ac-mkvi.html
Old 6 Jul 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3556186)   #6975
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the AC Cobra GTE/GT3 car will be fitted with Ford engines like its predecessor? It could be weird having that car fitted with a Chevrolet engine, despite being reliable!