Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Dec 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3694000)   #7501
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
You also seem to be forgetting that Panoz got some support (though in the end half hearted) from Ford Racing, as in modern day Ford Performance, from 1997-2000.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3694003)   #7502
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Panoz only had Ford logos on the car through 1999. By 2000 they were entered as Elan engines. I guess you could say BMW was close enough to full time in 1999 since they only didn't show up for one race, although between the two and a Riley & Scott team winning the drivers' title it wasn't really a strong manufacturer competition.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 05:28 (Ref:3694079)   #7503
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It wasn't also the fault of Audi that when the R8 came out that BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota turned their eyes towards greener pastures, namely F1 by 2000.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3694243)   #7504
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Nissan straight bailed on lack of results (including finishing behind the new Audis), and Mercedes downsized to DTM because there waa no championship and their Le Mans appearances were embarassments. They were replaced by Chrysler and Cadillac, which both got competitive chassis but decided they couldn't afford new engines capable of competing with Audi's purpose built direct injection race engine on both power and efficiency. Remember up until then even Toyota was using an old Group C engine.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3696189)   #7505
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Porsche has been testing in Aragon, here's a link to their twitter showing the camouflaged new aero. The front splitter area looks a little different imo.

Old 14 Dec 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3696191)   #7506
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am praying that the camo means they are dumping their awful livery of the last few years.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3696206)   #7507
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bodywork looks same to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 Dec 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3696211)   #7508
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same to me as well.
I guess it is too early to see the major aero changes.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3696219)   #7509
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I am praying that the camo means they are dumping their awful livery of the last few years.
They should use that camo as their livery.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3696234)   #7510
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I like that idea!
Old 14 Dec 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3696248)   #7511
Melcor
Rookie

Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Melcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is 2016 low-downforce kit (Le mans spec) ,the real components testing there are beneath(probably) I doubt that they are going to show us the new aero kits before Monza.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3696263)   #7512
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Would the other drivers be able to see it?
Old 15 Dec 2016, 00:12 (Ref:3696271)   #7513
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Would the other drivers be able to see it?
Of course not, that's the purpose of a camo livery, especially along the Mulsanne in the middle of the night.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3708676)   #7514
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First test in 2017 completed in Valencia.
2876 Km completed.
Bernhard, Lotterer and Tandy were the drivers.
Focus on Tires.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 23:14 (Ref:3709774)   #7515
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
I think the livery we saw from the Porsche GT's at Daytona will give us a clue.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3709776)   #7516
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The official GT3 entries still use the old livery. Bit odd.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3711184)   #7517
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just listening to MWM and Hindy speculating on Porsche's LMP1 program continuation in WEC due to a conflict between Piech and the current VW board.
I'm actually quite surprised by the conclusions he draws.

Although Piech is a member of the Porsche family, he is quite famous for being adversarial to the current Chairman of the Porsche AG Supervisory Board - Dr. Wolfgang Porsche.
The Porsche and Peich sides of the Porsche family have not seen eye to eye for a long, long time.
To draw the conclusion the VW / Piech conflict is reflective on Porsche, is quite a leap.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3711255)   #7518
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stranger things do happen, just look at the state of the USA. I do however agree with you.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 05:30 (Ref:3711343)   #7519
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Stranger things do happen, just look at the state of the USA. I do however agree with you.
Anything can happen, but if it does, it wont be related to the Piech/VAG conflict. As most Porsche aficionados know, Piech has not been "pro-Porsche" (as Hindy claimed) ever since he left the company (1972). Even the time spent at Porsche (during his earlier carrier) was not without turbulence and he apparently did not support the decision to go with John Wayer in 1970 and thus we had the famous Porsche Salzburg # 23 entry (that gave Porsche their first Le Mans victory). He went to Audi (1972) and was responsible for the Audi 80 and 100 concepts. He also initiated the development of the Audi Quattro for the WRC.
He only moved to VW in 1993, so one can see that although he has blood ties with Porsche family, his career is much more Audi and VW-centric .
He is a brilliant engineer, but not particularly "pro-Porsche" at all. He is a share holder, but I suspect that he treats it as just a good investment.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3712619)   #7520
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I just saw this photo. It reminded me of how beautifully well proportioned cars were back then. Just stunning!

Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3712629)   #7521
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow Spyderman... that is a great picture... I have saved it.

Thank you.

Do you know when/where it was taken? The helmet looks like a more modern type than used in 1970, so I suspect this is maybe from some sort of classic exposition?

Notwithstanding, I agree with your sentiment 110%... cars of that era were beautiful (and exciting, fierce, and dangerous by today's standards).
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3712633)   #7522
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
@500 - I have no idea. I saw it on twitter and it blew my mind. I miss those days.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3712637)   #7523
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's Laguna Seca, Porsche reunion. Low shot from the top of the corkscrew.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...534634!6m1!1e1
Old 16 Feb 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3712656)   #7524
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I just saw this photo. It reminded me of how beautifully well proportioned cars were back then. Just stunning!

What an amazing shot. Thanks.
Old 23 Feb 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3714198)   #7525
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Porsche just completed their 2nd test (Aragon) in 2017.
7,200 Km completed over 5 days.