Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3711259)   #26
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About time Ferrari entered with a proper PRO entry.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3712092)   #27
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2017 Blancpain GT Series

Blancpain GT 2017

Strakka Racing - McLaren 650s GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

Kaspersky Motorsport - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Marco Cioci / Giancarlo Fisichella / James Calado (E)

SMP Racing - Ferrari 488 GT3 - TBA

AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - TBA

HTP Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Maxi Buhk (E)(S)

HTP Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

HTP Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

M Sport - Bentley Continental GT3 - Oliver Jarvis / Guy Smith / Steven Kane (E)

M Sport - Bentley Continental GT3 - Vincent Abril / Maxime Soulet / Andy Soucek (E)

Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

TP12 Singha Motorsport - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Carlo Van Dam / Piti Bhirombhakdi (S)

Ombra Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - TBA

Ombra Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - TBA

IMSA Performance - Porsche 911 GT3 R - TBA (E)

Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Patrick Kujala / Adrian Amstutz / Martin Kodric (E)

Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Leo Machitski / Richard Abra / Miguel Ramos (E)

Emil Frey - Jaguar GT3 - TBA (E)

Emil Frey - Jaguar GT3 - TBA (E)

Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

Grasser Racing Team - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

BMW Team Schnitzer - BMW M6 GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

BMW Team Schnitzer - BMW M6 GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

Konrad Racing - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - TBA (E)

ROWE Racing - BMW M6 GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

ROWE Racing - BMW M6 GT3 - TBA (E)(S)

Grid update, with the addition of two ROWE BMW's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 Feb 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3712113)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is a strong looking lineup of cars/teams, should be another solid year!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3712161)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
We might see a Lexus RC F GT3 later in the year, possibly from Farnbacher or Emil Frey according to a story on endurance-info.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3712175)   #30
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see Rowe back

All in all its shaping up to be a very strong grid. I was expecting to lose a few cars this year but the quality makes up for it
Old 14 Feb 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3712178)   #31
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Nissan?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3712180)   #32
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2017 Blancpain GT Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
No Nissan?

The list above is CONFIRMED entries only.

Nissan are almost definitely back, just no announcement yet.

We can expect plenty more than the list above

I haven't included rumoured entries

I hope Porsche step up with a pro entry now Ferrari have!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3712212)   #33
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Probably me being blind but where are two Schnitzer cars confirmed? Thought they were only announced for GT Masters and the N24?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3712215)   #34
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Probably me being blind but where are two Schnitzer cars confirmed? Thought they were only announced for GT Masters and the N24?

I was wondering this too. Would love to have them in the championship but can't remember any official announcement.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3712231)   #35
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I was wondering this too. Would love to have them in the championship but can't remember any official announcement.

Just looked back at the article I got it from, think I misread, it was a release about Schubert, Schnitzer and ROWE and was a little confusing, must have mistaken it.

I'll remove them from my list, still ROWE will be a good representation for BMW

Old 15 Feb 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3712346)   #36
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sprint:
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Alexander Mattschull/Daniel Keilwitz
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Pierre Ehret/Rino Mastronardi

Endurance:
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Alexander Mattschull/Daniel Keilwitz/Rinat Salikhov
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Pierre Ehret/Rino Mastronardi/tba
Oman Racing Team (TF Sport) - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Ahmad Al Harthy/Jonny Adam
Old 15 Feb 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3712367)   #37
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Sprint:
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Alexander Mattschull/Daniel Keilwitz
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Pierre Ehret/Rino Mastronardi

Endurance:
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Alexander Mattschull/Daniel Keilwitz/Rinat Salikhov
Rinaldi Racing - Ferrari 488 - Pierre Ehret/Rino Mastronardi/tba
Oman Racing Team (TF Sport) - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Ahmad Al Harthy/Jonny Adam

Interesting to see TF will be taking the reins after Motorbase quit GT's. Be nice to see this car running stronger, shame Adam won't be in a pro car though.

Old 15 Feb 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3712423)   #38
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see an Aston. Wish this car would have more success in GT3 racing.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3712777)   #39
Bcarr6
Veteran

NISMO's press release this morning has only confirmed one car, and for Endurance only again. so looks like no second car like last year that ran in Pro Am

Team RJN - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Katsumasa Chiyo / Alex Buncombe / Lucas Ordonez

Old 17 Feb 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3712781)   #40
rdchawk
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
rdchawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
NISMO's press release this morning has only confirmed one car, and for Endurance only again. so looks like no second car like last year that ran in Pro Am

Team RJN - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Katsumasa Chiyo / Alex Buncombe / Lucas Ordonez

Link to a bit more info:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...eam-rjn-nissan
Old 17 Feb 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3712808)   #41
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question...

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but... Where would people say the best track to go and watch is?

I normally go to Brands every year for this, but a date change means i'm racing in Wales that day (this is definitely a first world problem). I thought therefore maybe I'd make a trip of it and go somewhere else, but haven't been to the other tracks before (except Silverstone, which from memory is pretty awful as a spectator).

Where's good? (For me, good means "being able to see a decent chunk of the track, and therefore follow a race in the flesh").
Old 17 Feb 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3712812)   #42
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Slightly off-topic perhaps, but... Where would people say the best track to go and watch is?

I normally go to Brands every year for this, but a date change means i'm racing in Wales that day (this is definitely a first world problem). I thought therefore maybe I'd make a trip of it and go somewhere else, but haven't been to the other tracks before (except Silverstone, which from memory is pretty awful as a spectator).

Where's good? (For me, good means "being able to see a decent chunk of the track, and therefore follow a race in the flesh").

Sit in the Mercedes stand if it's open at the Nurburgring round you'll see a lot and you can walk down to the bottom hairpin and see several corners in play

I'd say you can't do much to beat brands for viewing so unlucky you can't make that round.

I've done the enduro at Silverstone last few years, I enjoyed it but you do struggle to see much.

I've done Monza and Spa too, good to walk round to different spots

Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3712820)   #43
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Blancpain GT has had more or less the same manufacturers for a couple years now. The closest thing to an outlier we have had is Jaguar. I would love to see the likes of Acura, Corvette, and/or Lexus race this time.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3712826)   #44
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Corvette, I concur, Lexus & Acura? Meh. IMO they shouldn't mingle with true (nimble) race cars (then again, the same could be said for the BMW M6 & especially that brick that carries the Bentley badge, and that Mercedes, brrr.)
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3712832)   #45
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope I'm missing some sarcasm there.

Sure the M6 and RCF are more coupes than sports cars, but I don't see how the AMG GT and NSX don't belong.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3712873)   #46
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No sarcasm, "IMO". You're right about the NSX though, had a different image in mind.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3712880)   #47
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

If you have a chance, go to Spa - it's not actually that far from Brands and the 24h is a real event up there with Le Mans and the Nurburgring enduros (if a bit less intense!).

I can't do Spa this year so planning on trying Monza. Been there for the F1 a while ago, looking forward to roaming the track a bit more.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 02:10 (Ref:3712966)   #48
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
No sarcasm, "IMO". You're right about the NSX though, had a different image in mind.
If you feel the AMG GT doesn't belong, then you must feel the Aston Vantage also isn't a sporty enough car? Surely you didn't like the DBR9 either, it's even bigger than the Vantage. Likewise with the SLS and Jaguar XK.

The 911 must not be a "true race car" either, it has a back seat! How dare they.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3712977)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Now, now children!!

Has a Lexus been confirmed yet, sorry if I missed something announced...
Old 18 Feb 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3712989)   #50
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I would suggest Paul Ricard, done the race there twice now and personally thought it was awesome