Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3749657)   #576
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
On his day, in good equipment, he can run at the pointy end of Super2, too.
That's hardly the level of the next Craig Lowndes or Scott McLaughlin is it?
Old 8 Jul 2017, 23:46 (Ref:3749674)   #577
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not really the point I was making.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3749680)   #578
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's good on mideen day motorsport, particularly endurance racing is even if you're half a sec of the best in the business, you'll be capable of winning some of the biggest events in the world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jul 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3749688)   #579
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Among others.

Just because you don't quite cut the mustard in the main game, doesn't mean you're lacking in ability. Plenty of these guys do eventually find their place in motorsport, and can do quite well. Look at Jack Perkins, never quite made it on his own in the main game, but is currently destroying the National Sports Sedan field. On his day, in good equipment, he can run at the pointy end of Super2, too.
Dale Wood and Alex Davison have the talent to score podiums, so does Jack as a single driver, for David Wall I never really saw any podium potential as a single driver. Wall just didn't have it, neither does Blanchard and they both are or were in good equipment so its not a matter of the equipment wasn't good enough. Perkins helped Courtney pull a HRT car of all things onto the podium.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3749705)   #580
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Annnd Gracie finally cracks the top 10, in Bradbury-like fashion.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3749736)   #581
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Annnd Gracie finally cracks the top 10, in Bradbury-like fashion.
I didn't get the cause of all the accidents in R2. I get that some of these players are still in their learning curve, but we have had plenty of racing so far, would have thought that there was already plenty of learning done

Weird stuff

Good for the series that a juniorburger like Mr Hazelwood is now leading the series...

Mr Perkins made the top 10 in a Bradbury-esque fashion too. Survival pays
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3749737)   #582
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not really the point I was making.
Perkins is obviously a consummate professional but not a superstar, most of the young hot shots are, of course, merely in the same category too...
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3749740)   #583
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Perkins is obviously a consummate professional but not a superstar, most of the young hot shots are, of course, merely in the same category too...
If you saw the coverage today, Mr Perkins is with a very very low budget operation, involved in car preparation & presentation, and having to foot all of the bills. No wonder it isn't particularly strong all the time.

Interesting that the GRM cars aren't that wonderful in Super2 right now. A family trait?
Old 9 Jul 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3749749)   #584
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you saw the coverage today, Mr Perkins is with a very very low budget operation, involved in car preparation & presentation, and having to foot all of the bills. No wonder it isn't particularly strong all the time.

Interesting that the GRM cars aren't that wonderful in Super2 right now. A family trait?
Or just the drivers, Richard Muscat however did alright
Old 9 Jul 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3750060)   #585
Umai Naa
Veteran

I don't really rate Mr Barbera.

Mr Muscat however, does have the runs on the board, away from Supercars.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3750116)   #586
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I don't really rate Mr Barbera.

Mr Muscat however, does have the runs on the board, away from Supercars.
In the ute, Mr Barbera is/was an absolute gun.
Its a big step up to the next level..
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3750122)   #587
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In the ute, Mr Barbera is/was an absolute gun.
Its a big step up to the next level..
When he wasn't running into everyone.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 10 Jul 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3750133)   #588
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolute gun is a stretch. Ryall Harris is closer to being a gun in that series. Barbera had good rounds, but the difference between good rounds and bad ones were mainly measured in dollars.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3750147)   #589
Umai Naa
Veteran

Sure, he's quick in a ute, but as per above, he's a liability.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3750169)   #590
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Sure, he's quick in a ute, but as per above, he's a liability.
Crashes less than BJR's Mr Smith...
Old 11 Jul 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3750370)   #591
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Dale Wood and Alex Davison have the talent to score podiums, so does Jack as a single driver, for David Wall I never really saw any podium potential as a single driver. Wall just didn't have it, neither does Blanchard and they both are or were in good equipment so its not a matter of the equipment wasn't good enough. Perkins helped Courtney pull a HRT car of all things onto the podium.
Dale Wood.........oh Lord!
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3750375)   #592
Umai Naa
Veteran

Craps all over David Wall. Puts Dale Wood on a pedestal.

Sound logic.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3750380)   #593
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2 drivers who have had similar careers, same age

Wood, probably has slightly better supercar results (concluding that because of the Bathurst record 2 top tens)
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3750383)   #594
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
yeah I'm mystified too - twice GT champion outright and won Carrera Cup?

Certainly has never shown the same potential in Supercars but neither did some other guys who are very highly regarded in GT cars.

Maybe there is a "style" issue but a great driver should be able to overcome that.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3750386)   #595
Umai Naa
Veteran

It was thought that the Volvo should have suited him well, but it never really played out that way when he was driving solo. Having said that, in the #33, he was as quick as anyone.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3750396)   #596
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
2 drivers who have had similar careers, same age

Wood, probably has slightly better supercar results (concluding that because of the Bathurst record 2 top tens)
Also Woody scored a podium in his full time rookie campaign in 2014 if I'm remembering correctly
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3750397)   #597
Umai Naa
Veteran

When you look at how that race played out, Alex Rullo could have scored that podium.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3750531)   #598
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Sound logic.

Lol
Old 12 Jul 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3750592)   #599
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wood did qualify 3rd that day though, so he didn't completely luck into it.

Actually looking at their qualifying results Wood and Wall have both qualified in the top 10 on several occasions at sprint rounds, while Tim Blanchard's only top 10 qualifying performances came when he was a co-driver to David Reynolds a few years back.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3750594)   #600
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
Wood did qualify 3rd that day though, so he didn't completely luck into it.
Then again Dale Wood crashed into the back of his teammate at Bathurst in 2014, under safety car....