Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4151825)   #101
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Game over soon for Ric's Capri? Oily Jake!
Looks like there was no dip stick in it? :-0
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4151828)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Looks like there was no dip stick in it? :-0
May be. I suspect the oil leak coming from the rockers cover. Ric uses rather high rockers and its either a special aluminium cover or a spacer plus the original cover fitted between the cover and the head. The cork seals are prone to leak and if you use a spacer you have to cope with two seals instead of one. But may be, as you suggest, they forgot the dip stick. Hence the deep sh*t…
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:38 (Ref:4151829)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Rock n'roll for the VW…
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4151834)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
"The" Capri back on the grid after the red flag. Go Oily Jake!
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4151837)   #105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Impressive front row trusted by the yank tanks. I love the Z28, whatever the year.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4151839)   #106
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was more worried for the Marshal who was caught out by the car being righted gently as the driver was still inside, as was squatted down as the car came down and looked like he got his bent knee under the car as it finally came down. Made me wince just seeing it. The ambulance was there but the driver was long out of the car totally unharmed, but someone was in the ambulance.

Fingers crossed he was not injured and it looked worse than it was..
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4151841)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think R Huff could be declared winner, he was leading the race during the last lap before the red flag. Lets see…
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:02 (Ref:4151844)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A hugely enjoyable weekend of racing
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4151846)   #109
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes Andy, you're right, dip stick missing explained by Ric Wood.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4151848)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Both leading Camaros went out but Huff was better to come back on the track. Makes me think that ages ago he rolled his car during qualy at Pau, statue Foch corner, and won the day after! Skillful.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:11 (Ref:4151849)   #111
Brynmor
Rookie

Brynmor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Something popped up as I loaded up the Youtube coverage from my Virgin Media this morning, and it was the Sky Sports logo which then disappeared when it became the Goodwood coverage. So, I wonder whether Goodwood have switched production companies and Marcus is not on their panel?
That would make some sense as Harry Benjamin is one of their main commentators (thought he was superb this weekend).
Not so sure on Alice’s commentary, there was the modern curse of ‘turn 1’ + ‘the 22 car’ etc. The driver knowledge comes with time and fortunately Ben Edwards, Harry etc were there with a more in depth knowledge. I do miss hearing Marcus Pye though, can’t help but feel it’s all being aimed now at a very different audience.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:15 (Ref:4151850)   #112
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynmor View Post
That would make some sense as Harry Benjamin is one of their main commentators (thought he was superb this weekend).

Rachel closed the broadcast with "Goodbye from the SKY team"
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4151855)   #113
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was more worried for the Marshal who was caught out by the car being righted gently as the driver was still inside, as was squatted down as the car came down and looked like he got his bent knee under the car as it finally came down. Made me wince just seeing it. The ambulance was there but the driver was long out of the car totally unharmed, but someone was in the ambulance.

Fingers crossed he was not injured and it looked worse than it was..
Yes, saw that and thought it would be serious and then the camera cut away quickly but a couple of mins later they showed the scene so obviously there was no one laid out. There was a side shot of the ambulance with open door so hopefully he was just having a check up. Very lucky if so.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4151858)   #114
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not entirely sure I buy that......
Definitely not, he spun right in front of me and hit the barrier a glancing blow after asking just a bit too much from the tyres, the laws of physics took over after the tyres lost adhesion, there was no trace of oil. Having said that he drove the wheels off that Capri all weekend.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:14 (Ref:4151862)   #115
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
They certainly seem to be mixing up the commentary team this year. I wonder why they don’t use Marcus Pye these days, I don’t think he covered the Goodwood races last year either, did he?
My understanding is that MAWP is more than a little bit peeved at being dropped after many years brilliant and insightful commentary at Goodwood.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:20 (Ref:4151863)   #116
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I was impressed by Alice Powell. A breath of fresh air. Some of the other commentators had not done much home work. Bring back Marcus.
Who was the annoying lady doing to the fill in bits?
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4151864)   #117
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
My understanding is that MAWP is more than a little bit peeved at being dropped after many years brilliant and insightful commentary at Goodwood.
Well I for one miss his commentary - not that that will make him feel any better!
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4151865)   #118
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Well I for one miss his commentary - not that that will make him feel any better!
Your thoughts are shared by many.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4151868)   #119
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes Andy, you're right, dip stick missing explained by Ric Wood.
School boy error!
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4151884)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I was impressed by Alice Powell.
Agreed, I thought she was excellent. I personally thought her knowledge-base was surprisingly good.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4151885)   #121
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I was impressed by Alice Powell. A breath of fresh air. Some of the other commentators had not done much home work.
Has Alice Powell raced historics?
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4151886)   #122
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I had opened the stream in my laptop and then clicked the send to TV option but had left the page open in a tab. A couple of hours into the stream I picked up my laptop, noticed the stream chatbox was still running and Goodwood were in the chat doing the please subscribe and like us blah blah. Then they asked if any of the chatters had any questions to ask them. In amongst those of asking about certain cars etc was my question.... what happened to Marcus Pye this year. I said the comms were good but lacked the depth of background knowledge and additional info he was able to offer us, was greatly missed and why was he missing.
It was the only question asked that they ignored. Another person chipped in with a yes what happened to Marcus. Also ignored.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4151890)   #123
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
As I hinted earlier and having spoken to Marcus on several occasions, both he and a couple of co commentors are pretty upset about being dropped with no notice at all. Pretty disgraceful to say the least.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4151893)   #124
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As I hinted earlier and having spoken to Marcus on several occasions, both he and a couple of co commentors are pretty upset about being dropped with no notice at all. Pretty disgraceful to say the least.
I thought the commentators pretty ignorant about the cars all round and rather irritating. They invented some novel pronunciations too. But all that faded into insignificance after they called Madgwick “Turn 1”! Sacrilege. Fire them all! Bring back Marcus please..
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4151894)   #125
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was free though….