Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Apr 2001, 06:48 (Ref:84673)   #1
Motorsport Fan
Rookie

Motorsport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the Touring Cars the other week and it was the most wonderful site seeing car battling for position seeing who who become the best after the set number of laps and ill will defintly be going to the next meetong at Thruxton. Will anyone here on the forum be going becasue it would be great to meet up with some people. Does anyone know with if there will be more cars out in the second round as this would be great to add to the excitment. Also does anyone know what the other support Championship will be as I thought the old Formula 1 cars was pretty boring so I hope they have somthing a bit more exciting like maybe the Mighty Mini Championship or the Mini Migilas. I have never been to Thruxton before do you think its worth making the trip to it and can anyone give me any advice on which place is best to watch to get the best action. Are the facilities good there like the WC and the catering. Does anyone know if the prices are outragous as If they are I will have to bring more money unfortunly.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 17:26 (Ref:84882)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Another convert, welcome.

We'll be out in force again at Thruxton. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8834 for details.

Support races will be Clios, FRenault and Lotus Elises only. No other guest races.

Can't rememeber the ticket prices, about £25 I think. Best places are either the exit to the club chicane (just before the pit entrance) or walk round to the Cobb / Campbell / Seagrave complex.

Catering is about the same as Brands so expect to queue.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 17:37 (Ref:84886)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome, MF... see you at Thruxton - look for the 10 Tenths banner on the campsite and trackside!

For a circuit guide, look no further than http://tentenths.com/circuits/thruxton/
Old 25 Apr 2001, 17:39 (Ref:84889)   #4
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tickets are slightly cheaper than £25 at £20 on the day and £16 advance. They are £8 on the day and £7 advance for qualifying which also includes paddock entrance.

Try and get onto the top right of the start-finish straight bank, as this gives you a good view of the chicane and allard, and in the distance church, noble and allard.