Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:03 (Ref:993950)   #1
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV & the proposed changes to qualifying

If F1 does adopt the new qualifying rules people are already asking what would ITV do to fill the gap between the sessions.

I think they should just fill it with more lifestyle features.

I've thought about a few and I'm tempted to send them off to ITV's F1 team to see what they think...

Eddie Irvine: Advice on buy-to-let property - buy in Florida not Britain

Jenson Button: What's better 'Pop Idol' or 'Fame Academy' - being on ITV 'Pop Idol' would have to win...

Kimi Raikkonen - The art of public speaking

Johnny Herbert & Perry McCarthy - The lack of Essex drivers in F1.

Ralf Schumacher - How to win friends.

And Bernie Ecclestone could be given his own weekly slot:- "This week's reason to scrap the British Grand Prix"

I think ITV will bite my hand off for this lot...
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:09 (Ref:993955)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you look forward to getting a disappointing lack of a response from ITV.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:16 (Ref:993961)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they will go for the world record for the number of times Jenson can be said in twenty minutes. Jim is confident of beating the current record of 4,583. He reckons they wasted too much time saying 'our' before the name last time.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:41 (Ref:993975)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The gap will only be ten minutes.

The two sessions are twenty-five minutes each.

Once you slot in a couple of ad-breaks and a recap of what's happened in the first bit your gap is filled.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:43 (Ref:993979)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
The gap will only be ten minutes.

The two sessions are twenty-five minutes each.

Once you slot in a couple of ad-breaks and a recap of what's happened in the first bit your gap is filled.
I know, but ITV will wait 20 minutes.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 16:13 (Ref:994016)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
When i'm at Silverstone, i'll have to take my mini tv just so that i can watch ITV's ad breaks
Old 4 Jun 2004, 16:29 (Ref:994025)   #7
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that reminds me of a guy who said that he tuned in to watch some adverts only to be interupted by a Grand Prix
Old 4 Jun 2004, 16:43 (Ref:994036)   #8
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, on the plane back from Monaco I sat directly behind Jim Rosenthal - what a professional - nicely groomed, jacket on - spoke nicely to all around - I'd be happy with 10 more minutes of Jim saying things like 'Thanks Tony' and 'What do you think Mark' - he's worth every penny!
Old 4 Jun 2004, 17:16 (Ref:994055)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I too have heard that he is a top bloke. Lend him a book about GP and we are sorted.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 17:56 (Ref:994080)   #10
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the new changes in qualfying coming up does anyone know how much of a gap there will be between the two sessions. I just hope that ITV will broadcast both sessions live and not recorded coverage of the two sessions where by they could cut out the gap
Old 4 Jun 2004, 22:28 (Ref:994308)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coverage will be live.

It's two twenty-five minute sessions with a ten minute gap.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 23:44 (Ref:994350)   #12
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we're betting on ITV showing both sessions then are we?

Interesting angle....never thought of it that way!
Old 5 Jun 2004, 08:44 (Ref:994514)   #13
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that ITV will not show the first session live. What happens if there is a red flag during the first session. I dont think ITV will take that risk.....remember ITV is not a sports channel
Old 5 Jun 2004, 09:14 (Ref:994531)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The whole procedure used to take about 1 hour in whatever guise (2003-4 and pre-2003). There was always a risk of red flags. The situation hasn't changed in that respect - its still an hour. ITV will show both parts.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 14:17 (Ref:994709)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
....but don't hold your breath!
Old 5 Jun 2004, 18:05 (Ref:994813)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

ITV will show both parts.

It's official.

They've scheduled for the current qualifying procedure which takes about an hour.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 18:12 (Ref:994819)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that's good.

But I'll be at Silverstone and I'll miss ITV's "awesome" coverage. God damn it!
Old 5 Jun 2004, 23:23 (Ref:995041)   #18
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Well that's good.

But I'll be at Silverstone and I'll miss ITV's "awesome" coverage. God damn it!
And by the time you get back they'll have changed the format once again, in all likelyhood!