Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Nov 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1766742)   #26
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We don't need any more than 10 Rounds in the V8 Supercar championship anyway. That would give us room for 4 or even 5 enduros and the manufacturers title could go to the enduro series. Time to bring Toyota in too i reckon.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1767140)   #27
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Bloody good news this! I don't want to see the big names like Skaife, Ingall, Lowndes etc. paired with no-names from the Development Series,
But Ingall has raced with Youlden in his last few outings, Lowndes won Sandown last year with Muller, Skaife won Bathurst in 02 with Jim Richards, and 01 with Tony Longhurst!

All this rule does is reduce the number of cars that are outright racing for the win, and when your only supplying 31 cars on race day, I think you need as many competitive cars as you can get!

I think it's a dreadful decision, that appeases the big end of team town rather than look after the sports best interests.........
Old 15 Nov 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1767145)   #28
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Have you forgotten the team spending cap, they would have to fit them in under that.
Nothing that a supply of brown paper bags won't fix.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1767236)   #29
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
Nothing that a supply of brown paper bags won't fix.
Paper bags wont be a concern because I reckon the penaltys for being caught will be so severe (licence cancellation and or multi million dollar fines) that it would take a very desperate or stupid team to try it.

Personally I think the more the teams embrace the idea the tighter the security and checking will become giving this idea a real chance of working.

Restriction of cash imput to teams from manufactorers... I love it
Old 15 Nov 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1767237)   #30
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil

Restriction of cash imput to teams from manufactorers... I love it
You would.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1767254)   #31
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
You would.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 07:07 (Ref:1767391)   #32
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see they've made the right decision to keep allowing teams to run the best available driving combination.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1767429)   #33
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with the depth od driving talent we have in the Fujitsu series, Carreara Cup and international drivers... There is enough to satisfy most team owners if the rule comes in for 2008...

Geeze 2008 sounds like some futuristic age, but were nearly living in it! :O
Old 16 Nov 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1767540)   #34
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
christ we had 10 safety car periods at Bathurst this year and about half the field out,if we had the drivers in thier own cars we might have an early end to the race.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1972742)   #35
pete55
Veteran

Regular Cars In Enduros

Aaron Noonan the Editor of MN this week in his column says he wants the regular drivers of the cars to be able to team up in the enduros. He states that the endurance events have become swallowed up as part of the overall championship and made to fit into the scheme of all things 'regular'.

As far as i am concerned he is just plain on the wrong track. The V8 Supercar championship is for one driver to win. At the beginning of the year they are allocated a car and a car number which they should use for the whole year in their quest to become the champion. If they want to separate the enduros from the championship i say ok but it is part of the championship. Of course the enduros would not mean much if they did not have their own championship in my opinion and for a championship to mean much their would have to be at least another couple of rounds.

He also states that if a team has two different sponsors and the two drivers can't team up, stiff. Well with the price of competing in the championship so expensive these days it is necessary to sometimes have separate sponsors. Is Mr Noonan contemplating just letting those teams with large budgets being the only ones allowed to be competitive in the championship. This article in my opinion is very poor coming from someone in his position and shows lack of insight into allowing competitive depth within the championship.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1972756)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The clever answer, had TEGA had the will and the strength to make the call, would have been to require all drivers to stay in their car all year, including the enduros.

If you look at the Group 'C' days at Bathurst, the HDT always separated Mr Brock and Mr Harvey.... who ran in separate cars in the rest of the year as well...

It would then allow the teams who have commercial issues (like SBR, FPR) with different sponsors to run the drivers in their main car, and bring in a ring in or two to fill the lunchtime shift....

The enduro pilots would need gigs to drive during the year, and may create opportunities for them in other classes... Carrera Cup, Fujitsu Series, Utes etc etc..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Jul 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1972763)   #37
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is to NOT pair regular drivers at all...make it so skaife would team with seton etc...it would mean we could potentionally have more cars in with a chance of winning...not halving the competition.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:59 (Ref:1973539)   #38
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I think it is fantastic news.. I want to see the teams best 2 drivers in the same car!!
I Agree. Its great to see "Skaife/Kelly" etc on the car. Regular team mates working together to win a race, I like it.

Hopefully the next round they add will be an enduro. Why aren't there more enduro's? It'd be cool for the last round to be the PI 500!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browney
Adelaide 500 won't become a 1*500km race. It works to well as it is to change the format.
It might next year, they were talking about bringing back the Parc Ferme rules for 2008.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.