Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1304793)   #1
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Memories and Fave races

i have decided to start a thead about Memories.
it could be anything such - a faveourite lap
- Fave race
- fave crash rivally etc
one of my faveourites has to be Monaco 1997 MS spinning and still havin the skill to win the race.
Please post your fave memories.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1304797)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At this moment in time the next one.

Spa '00 was great and I was there. Donington '93. Suzuka '96. Adelaide '86. Spa at any point in the mid to late '80s. Malaysia '99. All for different reasons and just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1304800)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa 98, Spa 00 both come to mind immediately.

Suzuka 98 was one of my favourite moments in F1, as was Jerez 97.

Adelaide 1993 stands as a hugely significant memory, although the full significance only became clear seven months later.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1304801)   #4
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
o yeah spa 00 what an amazing race that was and i have to say San Marino 2005 was a great race as well.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1304804)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brazil 2001 was a great race with two great moves on the champion by DC and JPM.

Suzuka 1996 and Hungary 1992, great happiness.

One of my fave laps was Kimi at Nurburgring 2003 because of the pressures and everything involved.

Monaco 1996, Portier, lap 1 was quite good too.
Old 19 May 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1304901)   #6
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nurburgring 95 is one of my all time favourite races. it seems to have got a bit forgotten over the years though.
Old 19 May 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1304908)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington 93, followed by Silverstone 93.

Donington was the first year I ever marshalled at a Grand Prix. I turned up, signed on and looked for my pit marshalling job for the weekend. Garage 24 - Senna. Oh what a treat that was. After he won the race he came up to me, kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for my hard work. Not very often that happens!

Silverstone 93, turned up, signed on and looked for my pit marshalling job - Senna again. Lovely! And it was. On the Friday morning, the great man wandered out of the garage, stopped, turned back to me and said "Hello, how've you been since Donington?". I was delighted. Most racing drivers ignore people in orange
Old 19 May 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1304930)   #8
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
San Marino '94 stands out in my memory but obviously for all the wrong reasons esp as its my first ever memory of motorsport.
So many classic races though since then....Spa on more than one occasion, Silverstone '03 (the year with the madman i think), Suzuka '96, Jerez '97,
I dont remember them live...but the 2 Suzuka races '89,'90 stand out in my opinion as they were the culmination of the rivalry of possibly 2 of the greatest F1 drivers ever
Old 20 May 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1305010)   #9
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa '98 was one of the all-time most exciting races ever - so much action! Sly Stallone couldn't have scripted it...what made it all the worse for me was the fact that I was being dragged round the Town and Country Festival and had to listen to the whole thing on the radio.
Old 20 May 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1305038)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
Donington 93, followed by Silverstone 93.

Donington was the first year I ever marshalled at a Grand Prix. I turned up, signed on and looked for my pit marshalling job for the weekend. Garage 24 - Senna. Oh what a treat that was. After he won the race he came up to me, kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for my hard work. Not very often that happens!

Silverstone 93, turned up, signed on and looked for my pit marshalling job - Senna again. Lovely! And it was. On the Friday morning, the great man wandered out of the garage, stopped, turned back to me and said "Hello, how've you been since Donington?". I was delighted. Most racing drivers ignore people in orange
That is a fantastic story Sheila, I am sure you were thrilled to bits. God Bless you..