Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Oct 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1751024)   #51
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah some great extras and of course the footage of the old Spa is fantastic. Good stuff about the director and the problems he faced hile filming the Monaco section.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1761842)   #52
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix DVD

How long as it been available here ?,noticed it in HMV the other day.
An ideal stocking filler....for myself
Old 9 Nov 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1761877)   #53
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its been on sale over here for about a month now. Online at least, dont know about the shops, not looked.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1890237)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Catching up with this. I'd completely forgotten about it. Ironic really as I recorded it to hard disk from the tele over the weekend - I was astonished to find it had no advert breaks. Then I realised after checking on eBay that the DVD was out....... Idiot.

I've just ordered the two-disker for £6.50 including p&p through Amazon. I don't really want it for the film, I've seen it so many times (including in the 'pictures' when it was originally released ) but I fancy watching the bonus disk - it could be the first bonus disk I've ever watched!
Old 13 Apr 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1890317)   #55
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I don't really want it for the film, I've seen it so many times (including in the 'pictures' when it was originally released ) but I fancy watching the bonus disk - it could be the first bonus disk I've ever watched!
Definitely worth it for the bonus disk.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1890365)   #56
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The features are alright I suppose. Not that good though.

There´s a bit on there with someone saying that the split-screen bits "make you feel like you´re there". One of those comments that doesn´t really apply at all, as nice as it sounds. Yes, seeing 8 of the same car at once really makes me feel like I´m there. No, it doesn´t, it just makes me feel like I´m rubbing my eyes and getting blurry vision.

Not that I don´t like the use of split-screen.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1890369)   #57
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Yes, seeing 8 of the same car at once really makes me feel like I´m there. No, it doesn´t, it just makes me feel like I´m rubbing my eyes and getting blurry vision.

Not that I don´t like the use of split-screen.
At least the exhuast fumes are pleasant.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1890400)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As an avid fan of GPL, I just love watching the F1 cars from the 60s, before the corruption of wings/slicks and advertising. Watching those cars on the old Monza banking is just fabulous.....
Old 13 Apr 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1890461)   #59
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
As an avid fan of GPL, I just love watching the F1 cars from the 60s, before the corruption of wings/slicks and advertising. Watching those cars on the old Monza banking is just fabulous.....
Actually those are the faked F.Juniors,as the real F1s did not run on the banking.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1890514)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeh, I know..... They still looked good though - better than any current F1 at Sepang for sure......
Old 13 Apr 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1890585)   #61
Mulsanne Bleu
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Mulsanne Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never ever thought it would ever be out on DVD as well as I wanted to watch it since I never saw the ending, but so far I have only managed to get a copy off "the net", I may as well now buy the DVD for the bonus disc

Also, its really hard to believe that the woman who plays the wife of Stoddard is none other than the one who plays "Lucille Bluth" in Arrested Development as to me, thats the role she is best remembered for.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 07:56 (Ref:1898276)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
The features are alright I suppose. Not that good though.

Sorry, but I can't agree with you there. Got my copy yesterday. I thought the extras were excellent - definitely worth buying just for those alone but I was also staggered by the quality of the film itself - I suppose that comes from years of watching a tired old recording on VHS!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 00:55 (Ref:1903091)   #63
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a few years ago on 10/10ths I wrote of the Speedvision channel's showing of the film, but with added features of "the making of" (showing the air cannon use etc) but most interesting were the interviews with Garner--very interesting tibdits from him-about driving the cars, how the other actors were as drivers, the stunts, being ontrack at Monaco during practice sessions in essentially F2 cars with some established F1 drivers who went out in similar cars for on-track filmed stuff--very very fascinating. I would hope that this stuff is on the dvd, although it was a speed channed interview, so I doubt it. I have it on a crappy old vhs also, so can appreciate seeing it on dvd.

cheers
Old 30 Apr 2007, 01:54 (Ref:1903096)   #64
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
I would hope that this stuff is on the dvd, although it was a speed channed interview, so I doubt it. I have it on a crappy old vhs also, so can appreciate seeing it on dvd.

cheers
That is the content of the second disc.

Old 30 Apr 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1903151)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Including Garner's argument with the French shopkeeper who wanted more money and held up filming while Garner was freezing his b******s off in Monaco harbour...... Very funny indeed!!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:38 (Ref:1903845)   #66
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
cool, a definate incentive to getting the dvd....

(Bear, did you see the Speedvision showing I am talking about--must have been five years ago? I'm asking cuz I just did some searches for the 2 dvd set and its not clear to me if it has the same interviews as was on Speed, just curious, especially if you saw it on Speed and can confirm.

cheers

Last edited by djb; 30 Apr 2007 at 23:46.
Old 1 May 2007, 00:01 (Ref:1903855)   #67
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
cool, a definate incentive to getting the dvd....

(Bear, did you see the Speedvision showing I am talking about--must have been five years ago? I'm asking cuz I just did some searches for the 2 dvd set and its not clear to me if it has the same interviews as was on Speed, just curious, especially if you saw it on Speed and can confirm.

cheers
I saw the movie on SV and it was followed immediately by an interview with Chad McQueen (Steve's son). He related lots of material interspursed with film clips that I am sure are in the DVD. Specifically the `air cannon' and the Garner interview about the non-driving driver. I have the two disc DVD but as of yet I have only had time to watch the feature (3x).

. . .
Old 1 May 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1903864)   #68
djb
Veteran

thanks, makes me want to dig out the cassette and watch it again, if I do sometime, I'll come back here and give details of the interviews.

adios
Old 6 Jun 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1930611)   #69
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
And so it begins

Here are two links of relevant information:

1. Views of a commercial Cinematography magazine that detail the camera equipment and techniques.

2. PHOTOS (54) of some of the testing and off-location filming that took place at Riverside International Raceway in Riverside California.

Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1950783)   #70
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Spent several hours this afternoon watching the DVD and the extras. Fantastic viewing, very well put together package.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1956911)   #71
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Currently just £4.99 inc free delivery from HMV
Old 7 Jul 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1957188)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
An absolute steal - buy it!
Old 10 Jul 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1959937)   #73
djb
Veteran

hell buy 2, will make a great gift!
havent read the fine print, but alas, I doubt free shipping applies to Canada....

worth it just for the extras!
Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1959998)   #74
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
hell buy 2, will make a great gift!
havent read the fine print, but alas, I doubt free shipping applies to Canada....

worth it just for the extras!
Try THIS LINK . Two for US$29.98 + free shipping.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1959999)   #75
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is a treat of a movie- i love the real drivers popping up in the scenes just hanging about...
imagine this done now?

i can think it would be like "bobby deerfield" with pacino...