Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:40 (Ref:529554)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that was a proper Grand Prix

What a race

Well done DC
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:43 (Ref:529558)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
That was one of the best races I have seen in years

Congrats to Coultard and McLaren
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:44 (Ref:529559)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper race, though? It was a grand cock-up. (Not a bad result though.....)
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:47 (Ref:529565)   #4
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well worth staying up for. That should shut the critics up (at least for a while).
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:47 (Ref:529566)   #5
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR three stopping ???!!!!! What the $%#@#$$!!!!! They would have been 5th and 6th if they hadn't $^%*& that up!!!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:48 (Ref:529567)   #6
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:49 (Ref:529568)   #7
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very, very well done David Coulthard !!

When the race came to himhe was there to catch it and hold it to the finish line.

Statistically, over the past years, the winner of the first race is the winner of the WDC. (An exception was 1999 when Schumi had the big shunt).

Could it be David's year?. Experience counts in the nwe rules for qualifying and ...there is a new car coming...designed by Newey and powered by Mercedes. I wouldn't bet against the bloke right now.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:50 (Ref:529570)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was definitly a proper race, EERO... The outcome was left to fate, and the skill and determination of the drivers, not predestined by the engineers.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:51 (Ref:529571)   #9
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice race for the "anyone could have won" factor... Schu would have won if his car didn't start to self-destruct, Kimi would have won if he didn't get his penalty, Monty would've won if he didn't spin...

And yeah, BAR killed themselves with that strategy. Poor Jacques...
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:51 (Ref:529572)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I need a drink! Its the tirs strategy that killed BAR. They had to come in to change em before they were even in need of fuel.

JB did very well, both drivers did! The team is much better than the results suggest.

What a F****d up race!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:55 (Ref:529574)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a Cart race with F1 cars... good show!

I'm not so sure the rest of the season will be the same though, as I think the interesting race had more to do with the changing conditions and teams like BAR and Ferrari up, than the rule changes.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:55 (Ref:529576)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again no brave passing but the 2-3-4 battle was great. Juan Pablo hot head lead foot that 's what you get, spinner.
Good Job David! He is a tremendous pilot. Kimi Is a force give him some time (he's what 22?) he has 15 great yearshe'll be a champion soon. And ferrari is exactly why you build a new car every year, the old one's fall apart.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:58 (Ref:529577)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the best F1 race I can remember for sure. I pray there are more like that. ALthough it was noticable that when it dried nobody was really passing. Doh. The conditions made it great at the start.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:59 (Ref:529578)   #14
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Yeah, the technical regs still need help to make overtaking possible. But I'm tempted to have hope at this point!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 04:59 (Ref:529579)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Forgot to add, for DC

Last edited by Jay; 9 Mar 2003 at 05:00.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:02 (Ref:529581)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic! Great stuff between Kimi and Michael!! And congrats to DC!!

Can we all now agree that standardized parts are NOT NEEDED???
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:03 (Ref:529585)   #17
Lee Janotta
Veteran

We'll see what happens over the course of the season, Inigo. Remember, McLaren and Ferrari are both running last year's cars!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:03 (Ref:529586)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Was definitly a proper race, EERO... The outcome was left to fate, and the skill and determination of the drivers, not predestined by the engineers.
Ya know, Lee. It was fun, I haven'yt been so entertained for ages but it was sloppy. The Saubers looked quick at the start and faded away. The renaults were really monig up, and then trailed off. Barrichello was out for what seems to have been driver error. The BAR pit stop fiasco. (My wife who cannot stand JV is convinced that Button was called in first and JV jumped the gun and "stole" the stop to shaft Jenson), Montoya's spin, Kimi's penalty and TGF's muffed pit stop. It was fun. "Proper" it wasn't.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:04 (Ref:529587)   #19
RubberD
Racer

RubberD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great race. First time a Ferrari does not finish in the podium. Great
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:04 (Ref:529588)   #20
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yehah! That was a nice race. Damn sweet. Pity about Wilson's mechanical problems and BAR screwing up. (I heard from the commentators JV hadn't gone to his scheduled stop for some reason, and that was supposed to be Button's scheduled stop. Ten commentators, so may or may not be true..)

But I was SO annoyed when webber's suspension gave way. That was just, argh. Jaguar need to get someone who can make those things properly, it's a recurring theme. He was running at a decent pace, no reason why he couldn't have put it in the points.

Ah, Gttouring, the car fell apart because he offed the car and then scraped it's centre along the kerb when he ran wide. If some of that aero work and floor smacks it, it can break off easy enough. Happens with all cars. I just take pleasure in the fact that Ferrari hasn't been deemed invulnerable to fate. It's, hopeful, that things this year might be closer.

Most unexpected result of the day: Renault ended up higher in the constructor table than Ferrari.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:07 (Ref:529591)   #21
RubberD
Racer

RubberD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was BAR doing bringing both cars at the same time?

I would have liked to see JV blowing up his engine from the lead instead of fighting Jos for 10th place.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:09 (Ref:529593)   #22
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Pitty about Da Matta too... He had a much heavier fuel load than Panis in quali, so it would have taken some time, but I'm sure he would have been up there. Can't say he's not in good company for spinning today though.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:09 (Ref:529594)   #23
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Ya know, Lee. It was fun, I haven'yt been so entertained for ages but it was sloppy. The Saubers looked quick at the start and faded away. The renaults were really monig up, and then trailed off. Barrichello was out for what seems to have been driver error. The BAR pit stop fiasco. (My wife who cannot stand JV is convinced that Button was called in first and JV jumped the gun and "stole" the stop to shaft Jenson), Montoya's spin, Kimi's penalty and TGF's muffed pit stop. It was fun. "Proper" it wasn't.
I was watching Juan vs. Frentzen, then Schumi vs. Kimi, then Juan, Schumi & Kimi... If that's not racing, I don't know what is!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:10 (Ref:529596)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone actually get to see what caused Rubens to spin? How could the tv crews have missed that???
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:10 (Ref:529599)   #25
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pablo throws it Away: DC Wins

Well...that was a great race. Montoya benefited from Schumacher and Kimi's bad luck and had a comfortable lead before chucking it all away with a careless spin.

DC wins a pretty eventful race...and leads the championship in LAST YEAR'S Mclaren.

I thought he drove a sensible race but for me..the story was seeing Pablo throw away an easy win...just goes to show he isent as good as some want him to be...