Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Feb 2004, 12:39 (Ref:874757)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TOCA1 was always considered to be a poor looking game on PS2, when compared to GT3, Burnout 2, CM4, MGS2 etc., etc. It seemed a bit of a rush job, with too much emphasis on the'story' and cut scenes.

You have to make a distinction between the out and out power of the console and how easy or not it is to develop for.

GT4 is a far better looking game than XBOX TOCA2. Yet the PS2 version of TOCA2 is likley to look worse than the XBOX version. All this proves is that the GT4 developers have the budget and technical ability to push the PS2 to its limit, unlike codemasters.

It is pretty pointless claiming any current generation machine is significantly better than the other, as they are not. They are very evenly matched. I am not going to buy an XBOX because Colin MCrae 4 looks slightly better on XBOX. However I may go out and buy an XBOX for the exclusive Project Gotham 2 and Sega GT Online.

Heh, after GT4, Isle of Man TT, CM5 and Richard Burns Rally, I'll be looking forward to PS3 and Xbox2.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 19:04 (Ref:874996)   #27
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope, that PS3 will have an internal hard drive in it, I'm so fetched up of those memory cards, whitch seems always be full, compared the easiness (and shorter save and load times) of xbox.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 15 Feb 2004, 19:16 (Ref:875002)   #28
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the talk at the moment is that Xbox2 won't have a hard drive. It's that major expence on the Xbox that means they loose money on every console sold.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 22:47 (Ref:875144)   #29
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Xbox 2 minus Hard Drive, no new Nintendo machine for 3 or 4 years....PS3 could find itself leading a market of one again, its competition seem intent on self destruction.

For now I'm happy with both PS2 and Xbox, there's no console war crap in here is there?? Just an honest comparision between Race Driver on PS2 and Xbox....
Old 15 Feb 2004, 22:51 (Ref:875148)   #30
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
That's what I thought.

I think Sony will have the advantage next time of having the most powerful machine AND the best games, as Microsoft seem intent on getting their system out first for some reason?
Old 15 Feb 2004, 22:57 (Ref:875154)   #31
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
For some reason they think that's why PS2 is beating Xbox, because it had a headstart. They fail to accept the power of the PlayStation brand; I think it's quite an arrogant view that Xbox is a failure because it came out after PS2, and getting the next gen out first will allow it to clean up, look at what happened with the Dreamcast; that came out before PS2 yet still disappointed.

They did so much good work with Xbox and now seem intent on undoing it.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 05:01 (Ref:875332)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the next gen machines, they will be so powerful, the quality of the games/graphics will be dependant on the budget and ability of the development teams producing the titles.

Sony has Poloyphony for there GT series and the first call on most Konami, Namco, EA, Codemasters and Rockstar games.

Microsoft needs to concentrate on building up a good 5-10 game catalogue of exclusive games for XBOX2's launch. PS3 cast offs and multi-format titles will not do the trick.

I'm actually considering buying an XBOX simply for Project Gotham 2 and Sega GT Online. However I had no interest in the console originally when all they had to offer were re-hashes of PS2 games.

If PS3, XBOX2 and Gamecube2 all offer there own topclass exclusive games, partucularly driving games, I will buy all 3.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 09:55 (Ref:875527)   #33
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Absolutely JAG. It was only this Christmas that the Xbox had anything appealling coming out on it imo. That's when I bought one and I'm really enjoying PGR2 and the enhanced versions of the multi format games now I've got it. But it's taken 3 huge price drops and almost 2 years for the console to be in a place where I'd even consider it.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 17:08 (Ref:875972)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Microsoft really understand the console market, that's the top and bottom of it.

The X-Box is an amzing machine, awe inspiring in fact. But Microsoft have no idea of good marketing and they give no support to games developers. It's no wonder there aren't enough games coming out of sufficient quality.

The next really appealing game is Halo 2. The last one was PGR2. That's a gap of five months. Not good enough.

If X-Box 2 comes out first and has no hard drive, it's in trouble. That may well turn out to be Microsofts last console.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 23:37 (Ref:878844)   #35
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH has the world gone mad X-bocks exclusive. PS2 needs Toca race Driver 2 if not then i will declare war on microsoft
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:34 (Ref:880595)   #36
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I aint about to go rushing out to buy the XBOX solely to play TRD2, I'll console myself with GT4, and if it's on PS2 and is good Isle of Man TT.

Here's my final word on XBOX, it bloody sucks! PS2 Rules!

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 20 Feb 2004 at 16:36.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 17:14 (Ref:880623)   #37
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
oh dear.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 23:04 (Ref:882238)   #38
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done OVERSTEER right indeed
Old 23 Feb 2004, 10:14 (Ref:882605)   #39
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER

Here's my final word on XBOX, it bloody sucks! PS2 Rules!
Nice way to **** ppl off, a blinkered veiw imo....
Ever tried one? (And when i say try i mean not just a quick 5 mins in a computer shop)

Each has its own benifits, but if you look at the facts, xbox is the faster machine, with better graphics etc etc. Of course how the developers use all that power is what we see....
Hence why GT4 looks good, but how long has it taken polyphony to get to that level??? Personally both GT4 and PGR2 look as good as each other, and how much less time have Bizzare had to reach that level? says it all really....
And regards to PS3, Xbox2, (and Nintendo5 lets not forget), I'll wait for some proper announcements, but from what i read sony all fuffed up the PSX by rushing it, so don't discount anything, after all who actually thought the dreamcat would be such a failure (and almost take SEGA outta business?
Old 5 Mar 2004, 11:21 (Ref:894758)   #40
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to know why Toca Race Driver 2 is coming out only on PC and X box for and not PS2?
Old 5 Mar 2004, 13:06 (Ref:894896)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
Personally both GT4 and PGR2 look as good as each other,
I agree with you mostly, but that is waaaaay off the mark!
Old 5 Mar 2004, 19:07 (Ref:895192)   #42
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yeah, Gotham looks very cartoony to me. GT4 really looks trully photorealistic both in screens and when moving.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 23:17 (Ref:912956)   #43
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It to do with the online component. Xbox is easier to program for as xbox owns the online servers and it has a standard programming (you know industry standard or whatever it is called) for all games. While PS2 online the servers are held by codemasters themselves, costly, and they have to program them to work with ps2 and the ps2 online model. This is the same reason as why GT4 is delayed the sony online model causes many problems. I dont know what problems is actually causes , it could be lag or anything, but this is the rumor I have heard.

Last edited by James Kimbley; 20 Mar 2004 at 23:19.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:24 (Ref:913645)   #44
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the X Box play Dvds?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:30 (Ref:913658)   #45
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yeah, but you've got to buy a remote to activate it. It's only about £20.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:48 (Ref:914054)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The picture is nowhere near as good as on PS2. Less features too. And you've got to pay extra for it!
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:19 (Ref:920026)   #47
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So at any stage will it come out on PS2
Old 26 Mar 2004, 14:55 (Ref:920154)   #48
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the man
So at any stage will it come out on PS2
I certainly hope so!
Old 26 Mar 2004, 18:58 (Ref:920379)   #49
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
But it doesn't look good.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 14:51 (Ref:922104)   #50
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see why Codies are wanting to make the best game possible, but the figures show that the PS2 has sold way more units than the Xbax, meaning that it makes finacial sense to reale TRD2 on PS2.