Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will drive for Williams in 05 possibley 04?
Rubens Barrichello 2 2.67%
Jensen Button 10 13.33%
Gincarlo Fisichella 4 5.33%
Jacques Villeneuve 13 17.33%
Mark Webber 37 49.33%
Other 9 12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:04 (Ref:793870)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum Hill.

Adam, can we send the result of this pool to the Williams team ?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:24 (Ref:793887)   #52
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hill
In defence of JV. People keep saying that Button qualified better than JV this year. There is a slight grey area with this. What people over look is that JV out qualified JB in combined grid positions. JVs total 33 places to JBs 27.
Granted Button outqualified him 8 races to 7 but that's only a whopping single race. The press makes it out that JB crushed Jacques this season. Hardly!
And as we all know (and for some ridiculous reason some people would like to think is irrelevant) JV had 8 mechanical failures to Button's 3 in the 15 GPs raced. I'm sorry but that is a big difference.
With this information it is only realistic to assume that JV at the minimum would be on par with JB this year if not better.
Qualification battle was 6 - 9 in Jensens favour similiary fastest lap was 4- 10 in Jensens favour. JV: 7 finishes 7 retirments - JB: 10 finishes 4 retirements. Relevancy, for a young rookie compared to the mighty JV [not my opinion]is significant.
Welcome to Ten Tenths -
Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:42 (Ref:793907)   #53
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Tony F.P. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques Villeneuve will announce His Plan's for the future tomorrow in Switzerland,
Without JV in the F1 lineup in 2004 the inerest in North America will drop like the Berlin Wall. Fans Will Not Buy Tickets to support Teams who tried to Destroy the #1 man in F1.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:47 (Ref:793911)   #54
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he did a pretty good job of destroying himself, Tony. He failed to beat Jenson like he said he would (even taking into account his poor reliability record) and so now he's out of F1 like he said he would be. If keeping North America was important to Jacques he should have tried a bit harder.

No teams tried to destroy Jacques - even BAR did nothing but give him extravagant amounts of money for mediocre results. The other teams won't hire him because they have better drivers already.

A quick straw poll of any group of F1 fans, Canadians included, would reveal the name of the sport's number one name - you know, German fella.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:59 (Ref:793921)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony F.P.
Jacques Villeneuve will announce His Plan's for the future tomorrow in Switzerland,
Without JV in the F1 lineup in 2004 the inerest in North America will drop like the Berlin Wall. Fans Will Not Buy Tickets to support Teams who tried to Destroy the #1 man in F1.
Tony, you're a die-hard fan of JV. I just hope what you're saying becomes true tomorrow, I just hope...
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:04 (Ref:793926)   #56
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, I hope that too. I hope that he'll hold a press conference tomorrow, and anounce his plans in CART or restaurant-business or whatever. That will cut the agony... hopefully.

Last edited by Red; 25 Nov 2003 at 13:04.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:11 (Ref:793938)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Adam, can we send the result of this pool to the Williams team ?
Not a bad idea! Although I'm sure all the JV talk will bore the pants of Frank and Patrick.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:11 (Ref:793939)   #58
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Yes You and a good man others Wish JV will Retire Tomorow Rather than see JV Beat Your guys Like he did in 1996/97
You would Have to be A proper Fool Not to See That.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:14 (Ref:793943)   #59
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Tony, JV retired 1 month ago.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:20 (Ref:793950)   #60
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Tony where did you get that info ?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:23 (Ref:793953)   #61
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Tony where did you get that info ?
where did you get that info JV?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:24 (Ref:793955)   #62
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Inigo found a link. Anyway, the only piece of information (that is opposed to whishful thinking) is that tomorrow he has something to say. What does he have to say, that's a different business altogether.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:36 (Ref:793981)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread is slowly being destroyed. It is a shame that talk about the other contenders has been lost. Normally this only gets put in a PM, but perhaps a public airing is needed. it is from this forum's FAQ, which everyone agreed to when they signed up. http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Quote:
If you don't agree with what someone is posting, fine - that's what a discussion forum is all about! Just don't let it turn into a 'bar room brawl' forum - remember, attack the post, not the poster. Always treat people with the same level of respect which you yourself would expect - flaming is NOT permitted. Period.

We take a very dim view of 'trolls' who come here simply to disrupt the forum, either by flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting they make,
Can any comments on this be aired by PM to a mod., so that this thread stays intact!

Please bear in mind that this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but just an indication of how ten-tenths likes everyone to be able to express their opinion without it being lost or hijacked in the same old stuff!

Anyway, back to the important stuff.

Also check out this thread! http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=46920
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:41 (Ref:793990)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by ElScOrChO
but I think that Fisichella is the man that should have the drive. He has the talent, and one of the top teams should give him a try.
So how much of a chance does Fisi have? IM is running the campaign and I think he would do well. Is he going for that Ferrari drive?

Although I think he can get out of Sauber a year early.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:52 (Ref:794003)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

He said he was free to move to a top team...
Old 25 Nov 2003, 14:04 (Ref:794026)   #66
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I obviously would like Fisi in a Ferrari, but it probably won't happen (Massa Alonso in 2005_.

Fisi and Ralf have been excellent teammates in the past. In fact, Ralf has been the closest (in terms of performance) of any Fisi's teammates. I certainly don't think Williams loses anything in a Montoya -Fisi switch. In fact, I think they gain - alot, but that is my biased opinion
Old 25 Nov 2003, 14:18 (Ref:794043)   #67
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
It has to be Webber, naturally fast and also he would be a good team mate for Ralf.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 14:24 (Ref:794048)   #68
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Fisi and Ralf have been excellent teammates in the past.
Did they patch it up after their first year together at Jordan? I remember they couldn't stand each other, particularly after Ralf took Fisi out of a race when trying to overtake him.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:12 (Ref:794091)   #69
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I believe they patched it up.. But what I meant is that they are teammates that can push each other to the limit.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:17 (Ref:794094)   #70
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yes You and a good man others Wish JV will Retire Tomorow Rather than see JV Beat Your guys Like he did in 1996/97
You would Have to be A proper Fool Not to See That.
Quote:
Maybe Jacques will Announce He Has signed with Ferarri,After all schumacher is Loosing it,and looking for a way out.
Tony F. P. are you also MOTO on another Forum who also has been posting BS of this nature - we are to smart for this.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 03:24 (Ref:794640)   #71
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Mr V didn't understand my point. if Williams decide that they don't want Monty for 2004, but don't release him to race for McLaren and make him sit out the year, substituing Gene or Wurz because they can't get Webber till 2005...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 17:46 (Ref:795279)   #72
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

JFAUSSAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2003/11/26/story123067.html

all the info is here guys sorry about the bad news for the JV fans
Old 26 Nov 2003, 18:47 (Ref:795335)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Sorry, if we could not talk about JV for a minute

According to tomorrow's Autosport Damon Hill thinks it should be Button, he would would like to see Jenson get 'a good crack'. Damon rates Button and thinks that Button might be back at Williams one day.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:09 (Ref:795359)   #74
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No word from Tony then on todays ground breaking anouncement that "Jacques thinks Button's quite good". So much for the much touted Williams drive...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 23:23 (Ref:795608)   #75
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Sorry guys Not the news We JV fans wanted to hear, But Jacques spoke very Highly of Mr. Button.
still believe Montoya will get the boot prior to the first GP Race, Maybe JV will get a shot with Willians one more time,Who knows maybe..Williams/Villeneuve/Button...
Closed Thread

Tags
jpm