Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 29 Mar 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2428076)   #1
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exhaust silencers

I,ve got to the point of fitting the exhaust system to the anglia.

I,m looking for advice/ideas on makes/types to use/avoid.

It intended to use a single box,side exit,2" diameter.

engine wise its a steel 1300 prexflow.Its also got to meet the current cuicuit noise limits.

Been looking at the Jaytex stuff in Burtons catalouge.

Any advice would be welcome

Robyn
Old 29 Mar 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2428188)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have tried various things exhaust wise over the years and finished up with a full length system. The silencer is fitted beside the underneath fuel tank.
This was all custom made from aluminium from the Steel manifold back and repackable, also it was 20lbs lighter than a steel one of the same size !
Unless you run your ride height pretty high a side exit pipe is difficult to execute on the Anglebox as you may find you wont get a big enough silencer underneath the floor to get the DB levels low enough.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2429314)   #3
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Gordon,

The problem with full length system on my car is the fuel tank is full width so theres on room for a rear silencer.

What are the approx dimensions of your silencer?

I,m thinking of exiting under the OS sill so i can increase the length of the box.

Robyn
Old 30 Mar 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2429407)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'll run a tape measure on it as I am back in the UK for a while.
The fuel tank was made with this in mind and only holds 25 Lts so I fit another tank in the boot and use both for a long race.
You can see it here. I never was any good at reversing !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1634503...12340/sizes/l/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2429421)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
When we first built this car we modified the ns rear footwell to incorporate a silencer, but had to put it back to std as it contravened the rules at the time.
But depending on what type of racing you are intending using it in you could possibly do the same. Also you can "squash" an exhaust pipe a fair bit before the flow rate alters !