Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2007, 16:33 (Ref:2020512)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Alonso leaves?

If he gets out of his contract who do you think will get what is without doubt a top drawer drive? Lets have some suggestions then, .
Old 22 Sep 2007, 16:45 (Ref:2020517)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Without a doubt in my mind Adrian Sutil..
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:36 (Ref:2020535)   #3
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rossi
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2020538)   #4
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:02 (Ref:2020572)   #5
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Glad to see the thread being taken seriously, i am not sure that Ron would go for Sutil but i do think he would go for an up and coming driver instead of an established driver.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2020582)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends where he goes. If (as some rumors suggest) he is off to Ferrari then it could be in a straight swap with Massa.

Maybe another straight swap with Heidfield (a former Mercedes golden boy, almost certianly heading for McLaren back in 2002 if it wasn't for Raikkonen) for his BMW seat.

If he goes back to Renault (most probable outcome IMO) then it'll be a case of whoever McLaren can afford, which could be not very many people. Is Jenson Button still paying off Frank Williams? We could have Buttongate III on our hands, but I don't think Jenson can afford to pay both Williams and Honda for broken contracts...

Ron could throw a pile of money at Frank though for Nico Rosberg.

Since Flavo is involved, he might push for Mark Webber in there.

Basically, if Alonso does leave McLaren (and it seems that he will) there could be an awful lot of money thrown around to break contracts, which dosen't really help the sports image at this point.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2020584)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am taking your thread seriously.. Ron Dennis has that in Lewis Hamilton though..Sutil is young, German and fast perfect for McLaren..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 22 Sep 2007 at 19:22.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:18 (Ref:2020586)   #8
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
alonso will stay with ron.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:23 (Ref:2020588)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Sutil would be a good bet.

He's quick, but not as quick as Hamilton, and the pair already have a good friendship. He could be the Gerhard Berger to Hamilton's Ayrton Senna.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 19:58 (Ref:2020605)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I wasn't having a go at you Jeremy, i think Sutil would be in the frame, just not sure Ron would plump for him, what about DiResta, he would be mustard with a full winter of testing behind him. I cant see Alonso going to Ferrari though, Renault if anywhere in my opinion.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2020615)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I know you weren't Cds... I think if he leaves McLaren it will be back to Renault..
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2020632)   #12
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
..Sutil is young, German and fast perfect for McLaren..
So is Rosberg. Sutil would be a good choice, but I think Rosberg would be even better.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2020633)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Would Sir Frank William's let him go though? Also we have not seen Sutil in a really fast F1 car yet have we...I am listening though
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:50 (Ref:2020635)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe a pay-driver?

A swap with Heidfeld could be good for both parties. Raikkonen and Massa seem quite settled at Ferrari. Sutil and Rosberg are strong young drivers, but maybe Lewis still needs a guiding light. The best experienced potentially-available driver is Button, but can he withstand the embarassment of breaking yet another contract?

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 22 Sep 2007 at 20:54.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 21:13 (Ref:2020650)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I know Jenson Button has crossed my mind more than once, and you are right Boots he would be great. I don't like the concept of pay drivers myself fundamentally the wrong reason for signing a driver, look at Sutil's teamate at Spyker.

I think Lewis can take care of business without any more guidance.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:05 (Ref:2020671)   #16
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeremy, your in fine form today

Sutil for the drive and Alonso back to daddy slotting in next to Kinky, tossing out Fisi
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:22 (Ref:2020677)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Thinking this over for the past week, Alonso would most likely be better off back at Renault..Although I have said I thought it was going backwards for him.

What the relationship between Fernando and Ron is only they know, don't they.. Not good at the moment if we believe the press? And thank you I have my moments.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2020678)   #18
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Sutil for the drive and Alonso back to daddy slotting in next to Kinky, tossing out Fisi
we are still talking about F1 right?
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:27 (Ref:2020682)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I think so...
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2020684)   #20
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about Bruno to sit next to Lewis I'm sure Ron could do nicely with some extra cash coming into the team off the back of THAT name
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:48 (Ref:2020691)   #21
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
we are still talking about F1 right?
Absolutely
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2020696)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Money is just not an issue for McLaren and it never will be.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:14 (Ref:2020701)   #23
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rosberg or Piquet
Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2020703)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Jenson would be good at McLaren I reckon.And he would bring valuable info with him from Honda like................................................................................................ .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ....................................or maybe not.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:29 (Ref:2020706)   #25
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is about time Quick Nick gets a shot in a winning car so I hope Heidfeld gets that seat if Alonso leaves.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...