Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Jun 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2225589)   #1
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The future....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7440658.stm

I can see the forums now….. "The AI in this game is rubbish, Raikkonen, Hamilton and Rosberg all just drove into each other in the pits, is there a fix for this?"
Old 11 Jun 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2225704)   #2
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha. All seems a bit gimmicky to me.

"At the moment, iOpener is concentrating firmly on racing games, but believes that there is a huge market for the system in other sports.

"You can think of biking, rowing, skiing and snowboarding," said Mr Lurling. "

Rowing??
Old 11 Jun 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2225817)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I think it sounds great

A replacement for TV Coverage? Having 'recorded' races aswell as live races would be a good idea too.

It is essentialy having an online race with kimi, Kubica et all

I like
Old 11 Jun 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2226004)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This idea is right up there with VR headsets and the 3DO.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 23:32 (Ref:2226527)   #5
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The geek in me is telling me this is a really neat idea. The only snag is its a bit pointless if you use it with the arcade style console games as they would be worlds apart. A sim would be more interesting, but even then it wouldn't be the same.

I'd really like to see it though. We already have the 'Virtual Spectator' for WRC. Even if it didn't make it to the games market it would be a brilliant aid to the TV coverage, maybe allowing incidents to be analyzed from multiple angles.

Perhaps we could have something like in this video, which is one of my favourite GPL videos of all time. I am in awe at the work which went into this. The part I'm talking about starts at 4:25, but the whole video is worth a watch if you've never seen it, and if even if you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvuJslTAQ7E