Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Nov 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2341069)   #1
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Griff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OSS [Open Sportscar Series]

Hope you dont mind this very blatent advert but I am interested to some views of this new seires for 2009 that Myself Graham and Alan have with the help of the BRSCC
launched for next season. I will try and answer any questions posted as soon as I can Thanks for looking.
GRIFF
PS
this might seem a little impersonal but I lifted the text
straight of our section of the BRSCC website

[SIZE="2"][/Whether factory backed professional or
seasoned clubman, the class structure is designed with simplicity in mind, allowing the regulatory freedom for the ingenious clubman to compete with even the best heeled factory cars.

Cars compete in an eight event series, featuring up to sixteen races at premier circuits in England and Wales with the possibility of a further European invitation event to-boot.

Primarily designed to attract small and big-engined prototype race cars, entries can be expected from a wide and diverse range of marques making for a wide variety of car performance characteristics. Some will be better on the straights, some better on the brakes, and some better around corners. Not to mention the differing characteristics of the drivers ! With such diverse performance characteristics, processional races are not expected !

A normal race day or weekend will feature two twenty minute races and a fifteen minute qualifying session. What makes this series different though is that competitors have a practice test session at the majority of race weekends included in the entry fee, giving those who have to work for a living the same chance as their more affluent competitors to set their cars up properly for the qualifying/races.

Class A is basically a no-limits category, allowing freedom of marque, engine, and chassis selection, within the broad MSA definitions, enabling manufacturers and budding car designers to explore different performance options for their race packages.

Typical entries in this category are expected from Turbo-charged radicals, SR8’s, Pilbeam’s, Jade’s, larger engined Nemesis’, big-engined Chiron’s, V6 Juno’s, Stealth’s, Spaceframe sports cars, ADR’s, etc., etc.

Class B is for cars of a similar nature to Class A although here the engine size is limited to 2000cc. Typical entries might include Jade 2.0L, Nemesis, Chiron, ADR, Radical SR3, Mallock, MCR, Westfield, Norma, Ligier, etc.

Class C caters for cars up to 1300cc, and, as well as some of the nippy Japanese engines cars, prototypes with motorbike engines are expected to feature prominently. Consequently, entries are expected to include Radical Prosport, 1.3L SR4’s, ADR, Caterham’s, or in fact anything which will handle well with a 1300cc power unit installed !

Last but certainly not least, Class D caters for cars up to 1100cc, and is the only class in which the seating position is free, allowing the maximum degree of innovation for the competitor. Several marques take advantage of this feature to retain central weight distribution, although having said that, if lap –times are anything to go by, Radical Clubsports are likely to feature strongly in this class, along with the whole range of lightweight prototypes taking advantage of this design feature.

Finally, don’t worry at all if your sports car is not listed here. The classes are wide open, and variety is the name of the game! It is this diversity and the innovative thinking of the Racer–Organisers that make OSS a series designed by race drivers for race drivers…!

Get in early and join the OSS grid in 2009. Demand for places is expected to be high !!

Contacts for the Series are Alan Jenkins Coordinator, Steve Griffiths and Graham Cole dedicated sports racers who know what you guys want . So come and support them in their quest to put sports racing cars back on top of the British National racing calendar.

Contacts.

Alan Jenkins
alan.jenkins1@ntlworld.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
Tel: 07753 617087 01633 663920

Steve Griffiths
sgriff@ntlworld.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
Tel: 07836 672046

Graham Cole
colegraham@btinternet.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
Tel: 07825 805660

SIZE]
Old 25 Nov 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2341527)   #2
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although initialy i thought this was going to be another v de v or britsports flop. I think this may have more potential, i like the way lower powered cars are allowed to take part, hopefully boosting grids. Shorter races should also help increase grids.
Hope it go's well
Old 25 Nov 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2341589)   #3
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Many thanks for your good wishes we are trying to give the racer what they want at a reasonable cost and also the wide veriety of cars should mean the racing should be good for driver and spectator alike.
Thanks Again
GRIFF
Old 25 Nov 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2341590)   #4
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this include the bikesport category (that ran at the BRSCC F.Ford festival) or is that something different.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2341761)   #5
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Does this include the bikesport category (that ran at the BRSCC F.Ford festival) or is that something different.
I think it is something different again. I think the Bike engined series wants to run through the BRSCC as well but maybe also with other clubs. Search for BESCR on googleUK and you should see their website.

Hopefully having two series (three if you count 750mcBikesports) can work something out so there is not a big mess at the end of it!

IMO the bike engined stuff will probably stay with the bescr series and the bigger stuff like the 3litre Juno's and the odd 2 litre and radical SR8/3/Pro6 will stick to the OSS.

TBH the OSS format looks good, with the amount of track time. Just hope the guys in Class A don't alienate the rest of the series by being too quick!!!

We will wait and see what happens in the new season!
Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2352932)   #6
morgsamallock
Rookie

morgsamallock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

just to let you know the prov regs are now available on the BRSCC web site

cheers
Morgan
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2375445)   #7
Count 'Johnny' Spinoza
Rookie

United Kingdom
South London
Count 'Johnny' Spinoza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BESCR

Tony
Long time no read. Perhaps I should spend more time on other fora – but, to honest – I probably have enough to say for myself on the BESCR forum.

Rod
Read on…

Guys
At risk of, also, shamelessly advertising our wares (more of an ‘infomercial’ I like to think) a little about BESCR:

BESCR (pronounced ‘bescar’) is the acronym for Bike Engined Sports Car Racing and – thanks to a big clue within the brand name – it’ll be no surprise to learn that we are a new, exciting, series for Bike Engined Sports Racing Cars of any marque.

Our inaugural races were held at the 2008 Formula Ford Festival and attracted large grids, valuable prizes from Avon Tyres, Chase Cam, and Graham Hathaway Engineering, and an exclusive 45 minute television feature that was shown, and repeated, on Sky Sports One, Two, and Extra.

At the heart of the BESCR concept lies open regulations and a common sense class structure which does away with old-fashioned ideas of engine capacities and levels of modification which, we think, make no sense in a modern, motorcycle engined, world where factory standard engines are continually exceeding the outputs of, modified, earlier engines

Instead, we uniquely classify our cars based upon their power to weight ratios and, by doing so, open BESCR to the cars that are already at large within the UK and foster intelligent builds and innovative designs from within the UK, and from the States and wider world.

Rolling starts for the majority of our races not only negate frustrating start line chain failures but also add tremendous spectacle and a new set of skills to get to grips with.

Further – with a mandatory pit stop in our feature race at every meeting – strategy adds a new dimension to your BESCR racing, allows two driver entries to change places, and re-shuffles the field to add further excitement to yours, your sponsors’, and the spectators’ experience.

Our track format is 20 minutes qualifying, 15 minute sprint race and a 30 minute feature race and, with BESCR in 2009, you’ll find yourself racing at the UK’s premier circuits and – apart from Brands Hatch, CadwellPark and Snetterton – we’ll also take you to the Silverstone and Oulton Park International circuits, Rockingham, and the Coastal Circuit at Anglesey.

And - because we share our meetings with OSS - our two seater cars can also race with OSS and turn a single weekend into a four race, 140 minute, race-fest.

More information is available from:

JP - Series Co-ordinator - jp@facet-ltd.com

Iain Cumming - Technical Representative - iain.c@formulafs.co.uk

or:

http://www.brscc.co.uk

http://www.bescr.com

Shameless plug over.

Thanks for listening/staying awake.

C 'Johnny' S

Last edited by Count 'Johnny' Spinoza; 20 Jan 2009 at 17:30.
Old 24 Jan 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2378189)   #8
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to let you know that Anglesey Circuit Club have pencilled in a couple of races for "Open Sports Cars" at their Season Opener meeting on Sunday 15th March.
This could be an ideal shakedown for both OSS and BESCR competitors / teams
Two races on the Coastal Circuit for £175 entry fee.
Discounted testing is available on Sat 14th March.
Entry Forms are downloadable at www.angleseycircuit.com
Old 24 Jan 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2378304)   #9
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also on March 15th at brands is an open sports racing series, another series where bike engined cars are eligible i imagine.
Lots and lots of series for these cars about now, are we not kind of saturating the market for them a tad?
Just a thought
Simon
Old 25 Jan 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2378693)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
Also on March 15th at brands is an open sports racing series, another series where bike engined cars are eligible i imagine.
Lots and lots of series for these cars about now, are we not kind of saturating the market for them a tad?
I don't entirely agree. Whilst there are a number of series planned for bike engined cars, there are still a number of differences between the various series. For instance, 750MC BikeSports has the benefit of championship status, whilst as covered in another thread, BESCR will run to a different format and visit different circuits.

Whilst MSVR will be organising a series of races for which bike engined cars will be eligible, these are comparatively small in number. Furthermore, the list of eligible cars is much longer and therefore less reliant on bike engined cars to obtain a full grid. The same probably applies to Combe Special GT, SEMSEC and BRSCC NW Sports/Saloon Libre. In the case of the latter three, their regional focus may appeal to a different audience than the national BESCR and BikeSports.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2378753)   #11
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if my comment was taken as entirely negative, it wasnt meant to be as i actually like watching bike sports type stuff, it just seems to me that there are quite a few races for these similar cars, but if that generates more entries then its no bad thing.
I must admit the Brands date is i think more towards the bigger engined car stuff then the bike sports.
Simon
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2441968)   #12
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First OSS race Great Start

Hi All

Just found this thread about the BRSCC OSS 2009 series and thought I would update the thread now the first race has taken place.
The first race was held over the Easter weekend at a very wet Silverstone Int and I am please to say OSS had a very healthy 19 cars out. For the first race of the year and in bad conditions 19cars was fantastic and testament to Alan, Steve and Graham's efforts over the winter.
The event was great fun and very well organised thank you Alan for all your efforts to keep the event running so well.
Should be more cars out at Brands 9/10th May for the next round personally we can’t wait for the next race.
Top Job by the OSS crew about time we had a sports car series of this quality in the UK.
You will be able to see the race on Motors TV some time soon I will provide times when I get them. And yes the series is on TV!!!!!

Henry
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2442025)   #13
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
THANKS

Hi Henry
Thanks for the kind words there is another OSS thread on the piston heads
forum. Look forward to seeing you all at Brands
GRIFF