Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jan 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2364179)   #1
Radiv
Rookie

Norway
Radiv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Racing/Rally cars for sale ?

Do anyone have any good links to sites where historic cars for motorsport are are put on the net for sale.

From shops and privat sellers.
Old 2 Jan 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2364250)   #2
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiv
Do anyone have any good links to sites where historic cars for motorsport are are put on the net for sale.

From shops and privat sellers.
http://www.race-cars.com/
Bob H
Old 3 Jan 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2364360)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errr, Motorsport ads? At the top of the 10/tenths page.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2364400)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also, you can work through the dealers at Octane:-
http://www.classicandperformancecar....rsforsale.php/
Old 3 Jan 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2364419)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
google.... they are not hard to find
Old 4 Jan 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2364865)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
If you want a proper race car that you can race most weeks buy Simon D Merlyn Mk 6 Sports Racer.This type of car won a Guards Trophy round and its much better driving a race car than a road car on the track and makes you a better more smooth driver.All you have to do is talk him into selling it!
Old 4 Jan 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2364941)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and seems to get entries every other year at Goodwood but then I guess JR wouldn't mention that!!
Well always open to offers....
Old 4 Jan 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2364946)   #8
Radiv
Rookie

Norway
Radiv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking for a NSU TT/TTS or a Simca Rallye 3, maybe a Skoda 130 RS/LR

To be used on the road and for historic racing, rally or challenge !
Old 4 Jan 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2364951)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

I would search French websites and just google NSU for sale... dont think my Merlyn will really fit the bill!
Old 4 Jan 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2364957)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glen Canning races a TT. I'll try to find his details, he's sure to know whether any are for sale at the moment.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2365020)   #11
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Google! Here's what comes up on top if you type in NSU TT...
http://www.nsu-tt.de/index.en.html
Though you might need to brush up on a little German. Good luck!

Last edited by smokystove; 4 Jan 2009 at 14:48. Reason: typo and more info
Old 4 Jan 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2365030)   #12
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just looked deeper into that link, they don't have much info in English so you'd probably need to give them a ring. But in German it says that they have rolling chassis always at hand ready to prepare to customer's spec. including race spec. I've no affiliation by the way, just seems if NSU's are what you're looking for this would be a good place to start.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2365035)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiv
I am looking for a NSU TT/TTS or a Simca Rallye 3, maybe a Skoda 130 RS/LR

To be used on the road and for historic racing, rally or challenge !
If your serious about the Skoda,theres a factory one on the carandclassic.co.uk site,one of the original Green cars.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2365060)   #14
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Also, you can work through the dealers at Octane:-
http://www.classicandperformancecar....rsforsale.php/
Also

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/
Old 4 Jan 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2365167)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

slight tangent but talking of cars for sale I noticed a rather pretty special - the Lazenby 17, do I gather from teh careful wording that this car is a "60's" car which would not get papers unless converted back to a 17? If so that would be a real shame as it would lose a nice history. I have no vested interest - just curious!
Old 4 Jan 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2365257)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If it has most of the original cars chassis/mechanics,it could well be eligable for "Special" status as far as HTPs are concerned.