Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jun 2001, 09:45 (Ref:109471)   #1
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS and backmarkers

Did anyone notice michael schumacher passing the backmarkers in the race.Jos almost went into the pits and frentzen went straight at the chicane to avoid blocking michael schumacher.I think there were several more instances where all the other drivers made sure that they werent blocking him.This goes a long way in showing what sort of an impression michael has made on the other drivers.I cant help thinking about DC in monaco.I think it would have been much better for him to try to make a move even if it meant him losing the two points he eventually earned.
I really dont expect the other drivers to treat DC the same way if such a situation arises.

I feel michael schumacher made about 2 or 3 seconds if not more in the race passing the backmarkers.Generally the difference btw the top few places is more than that but it can come in handy if we have a closer finish.
Old 25 Jun 2001, 09:57 (Ref:109475)   #2
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Real power can't be given, it must be taken'

Godfather, Part 3 (1990)
Old 25 Jun 2001, 11:02 (Ref:109493)   #3
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF is not the only driver in recent years to have intimidated backmarkers into letting him past - Senna, and to a lesser extent Mansell, come to mind. In Senna's case there was the famous incident with Irvine in the pits at Suzuka ... I don't think Ayrton tried it on with Eddie again.

And there, perhaps, lies the problem: no-one, except Ralf, JPM, JV and maybe Mika are tough enough to stand up to Michael. I'd like to be a fly on the wall should MS ever accuse JPM or JV of holding him up!!! Especially after their reported confrontation in Canada ...