Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2408029)   #1
amdb7gt
Rookie

England
elland, west yorkshire
amdb7gt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello to race in 2009

It has been reported on Autosport.com that Rubens Barrichello has signed a contract for the Honda, to be powered by Mercedes, F1 team.

It seems that the management buyout of the old Honda team don't need Bruno Senna's sponsorship to help buy the team.

A final contract has yet to be signed, the article says, but senior team members have confirmed that Barrichello will race the car alongside Jenson Button.

Is this a good or bad thing do we think?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2408032)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not good or bad really. Hmmm...
Old 3 Mar 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2408035)   #3
Daniel Pinnegar
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton UK
Daniel Pinnegar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just glad that we'll have 20 cars on the grid for the season! If the management buyout does actually go through finally!
Old 3 Mar 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2408038)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Already 'old' news in the Honda thread.

Personally,I'm glad he's got the job!
Old 3 Mar 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2408042)   #5
chavez169
Rookie

chavez169 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as i want to see Senna in formula one i have to say im glad that Rubens will be on the grid this year he deserves it. He may be getting on a bit but if the pace is still there which it clearly is then who cares about age?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2408073)   #6
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chuffed to bits for him
Old 3 Mar 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2408211)   #7
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdb7gt View Post
It has been reported on Autosport.com that Rubens Barrichello has signed a contract for the Honda, to be powered by Mercedes, F1 team.

It seems that the management buyout of the old Honda team don't need Bruno Senna's sponsorship to help buy the team.

A final contract has yet to be signed, the article says, but senior team members have confirmed that Barrichello will race the car alongside Jenson Button.

Is this a good or bad thing do we think?
A good thing, they dont need a rookie no matter how good he is, because the new team will need experienced drivers and Barichello has slick tyre experience and his input will do doubt be a major benefit! He still has the speed so why take risks on a rookie?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2408214)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
To have two old heads in the team seems a wise decision, given the circumstances, though I hope to see Senna in F1 someday.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2408235)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be cool if he hit 300 GP.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2408310)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Senna confirms he's been snubbed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73535

Great for Rubens, but lets hope Senna still has a chance in F1 in the near future.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2408334)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Senna done enough to land an F1 seat yet?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2408348)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Err...no...not really,but he does have a famous name,which seems to be an almost compulsary requirement these days.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2408358)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruno has progressed through the ranks incredibly quickly considering how little karting he did (his mother banned him from racing for years due to his uncle's death. Maybe this nurture disadvantage outweighs any nurture advantage he's had, and I think he's proven to have great racing nature, even if he's still rough around a few edges.

It's worrying to only have one new driver in 2009, especially as few would have considered Buemi to be the best driver looking to get into F1. A few drivers who underperformed in 2008 really have to work harder to not deserve to lose out to Senna, di Grassi, Alguersuari, van der Drift et al.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2408361)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Barrichello in F1 for another year, fingers crossed the car is reasonably competitve. I would hate for my last memories of Barrichello in F1 to be ones of a once great driver in a team that is scrabbling around at the back of the field.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2408493)   #15
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would pick Bruno to be Honda Test Driver or mabye similar roll at STR or RBR in the near future, still has quite a bit to learn. Afterall look at Piquet Jnr's baptism of fire last season.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2408543)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Awesome news!! Go Rubens!!!

I think that Senna does deserve a go at F1 but not at the expense of Barichello.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2408555)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
I would pick Bruno to be Honda Test Driver or mabye similar roll at STR or RBR in the near future, still has quite a bit to learn. Afterall look at Piquet Jnr's baptism of fire last season.
Trouble is that testing has been banned during the season and the regular drivers will need to get all the running they can on Friday's at GP's.So test drivers are pretty much redundant really.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...us-de-la-rosa/
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:18 (Ref:2408575)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdb7gt View Post
Actually Senna never had the so-much-talked-about sponsorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Senna confirms he's been snubbed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73535

Great for Rubens, but lets hope Senna still has a chance in F1 in the near future.
I think he might have a chance in the near future, even maybe in a better position than today.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2408616)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

I think he might have a chance in the near future, even maybe in a better position than today.
There you are Bononi right on the case as usual...This is simple guys, if you were Ross Brawn who would you choose? Ruben's with a ton of experience with Ferrari, and a crap Honda car, or Brunno Senna with a last name we like to fantasise about? and no experience apart from making pancakes?

Nick Fry please shut up...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2408626)   #20
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2408631)   #21
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
There you are Bononi right on the case as usual...This is simple guys, if you were Ross Brawn who would you choose? Ruben's with a ton of experience with Ferrari, and a crap Honda car, or Brunno Senna with a last name we like to fantasise about? and no experience apart from making pancakes?

Nick Fry please shut up...
Bruno Senna knows how to make pancakes?? This I gotta see...........

Seriously though, good point in your post. Especially if you were in the position that Ross Brawn is in at the moment.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2408657)   #22
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Got a link to that info? Sounds interesting.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2408744)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Got a link to that info? Sounds interesting.
http://msn.lancenet.com.br/especiais...-a-bruno-senna

Like I said many times in other threads, Petrobras Sport Programme doesn't sponsor individuals. I know that for experience.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2408766)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
His performances in GP2 were up there with Piquet Jr and Kovalainen, so why not?
Old 4 Mar 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2408775)   #25
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://msn.lancenet.com.br/especiais...-a-bruno-senna

Like I said many times in other threads, Petrobras Sport Programme doesn't sponsor individuals. I know that for experience.
But what about the partners listed on Brunos site? Do they not account for cash he'd bring, or are they something different?