Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2692926)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Change At BRR?

Whispers from the Winton powder room suggest that a change may be happening in the driver line up for this team.

Allegedly in the interests of making Mr Reynolds race-ready for the enduros, it appears that the driver of #10 may not be Mr Thompson in Darwin.

The story allegedly goes along the lines of performance clauses in the contract, mapped against championship position, and funds expended equalling a search for a different opportunity.

Mr Thompson has underperformed this season, had a variety of mechanical maladies which he could not have caused (how can a factory team not get a car to run before a race.. oil piddling out a hole in the block), and a series of accidents where he has made mistakes and caused the #10 car not to run.

It is odd, to compare Mr Thompson's efforts in the BRR car, as compared to the work in the underfinanced PWR efforts of a couple of years ago. There was barely a mark on that car all year, and while it was slow-ish, it didnt seem to self combust as regularly.

Hopefully he will be back... presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2692931)   #2
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 10 car did only finish about 53 laps over the weekend, it seemed to spend more time with the bonnet up than it did down.
Old 17 May 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2692935)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
The 10 car did only finish about 53 laps over the weekend, it seemed to spend more time with the bonnet up than it did down.
Not quite what you might expect from a factory team now is it?
Old 17 May 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2692939)   #4
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, judging by all these posts, you must have spent a lot of time in the Winton powder room.

Did you actually get out to see any of the racing?
Old 18 May 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2692944)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
GTR, judging by all these posts, you must have spent a lot of time in the Winton powder room.

Did you actually get out to see any of the racing?
There were actually quite long gaps between the races, plenty of time to wander around and take in the sights, sounds n smells of the place
Old 18 May 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2692946)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone thought that the 2nd BRR car may be the "ugly little sister" to Fabian's car. Bundy were apparently only in if it was a 2-car team and were certainly not funding it to that level. Hence the need for a Thompson-esque 2nd driver.
Old 18 May 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2692952)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It is a Walkinshaw Racing prepared car, and at the minute, that team looks quite under done...
Old 18 May 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2692963)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all 4 cars look underdone this year, anychance of a Vodafone Holden Racing Team in 2012????
Old 18 May 2010, 01:36 (Ref:2692974)   #9
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the top half of GTR's first post makes it sound like Thompson is being dumped by Walkinshaw.

Every other post makes it sound like Thompson and his backers are so disgusted with the poor level of car preparation that they're dumping Walkinshaw.

Interesting.
"There is no need to do massively expensive windtunnel testing, or all the other things that they do to get the extra second or two." - Richard Branson, on the eve of the 2010 season. Good luck Timo, you'll need it.
Old 18 May 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2692985)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Whispers from the Winton powder room suggest that a change may be happening in the driver line up for this team.

Allegedly in the interests of making Mr Reynolds race-ready for the enduros, it appears that the driver of #10 may not be Mr Thompson in Darwin.
Here I was hoping Reynolds would be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is a Walkinshaw Racing prepared car, and at the minute, that team looks quite under done...
But then on this and echoing what I've thought about Thompson's ride maybe its not a good thing if Reynolds does indeed come back which would be great but only if he had the car deserving of his talents.........
Old 18 May 2010, 02:30 (Ref:2692988)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood View Post
So the top half of GTR's first post makes it sound like Thompson is being dumped by Walkinshaw.

Every other post makes it sound like Thompson and his backers are so disgusted with the poor level of car preparation that they're dumping Walkinshaw.

Interesting.
It might become the 'Humpty Dumpty' announcement... did he fall, or was he pushed?
Old 18 May 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2692991)   #12
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
all 4 cars look underdone this year, anychance of a Vodafone Holden Racing Team in 2012????
My cold affected head wants to say yes but I know that if Tom Walkinshaw wants the TeamVodafone as a factory team, he has to fight tooth and nail against Roland Dane.
Old 18 May 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2693004)   #13
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynolds should never have been without a job, and Fabian must be asking himself why he is underperforming too.
Old 18 May 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2693014)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe #10 (or even BRR in general?) is the new "Britek Barge"? I wasn't overly happy that Reynolds was dumped, Karma might be coming back to them?
Old 18 May 2010, 06:11 (Ref:2693060)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Reynolds should never have been without a job, and Fabian must be asking himself why he is underperforming too.
yep agree they should NEVER have dropped David , he is a superstar waiting for the right car !!!!

no offence to Thompson but would love to see David back in the car where he belongs
Old 18 May 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2693225)   #16
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Has anyone thought that the 2nd BRR car may be the "ugly little sister" to Fabian's car.
Fabian isn't going very well either, he's 24th in the Championship. Which is far worse than 16th last year in an underfunded team.

Perhaps Walkinshaw is just banking the Bundy cash rather than spending it on the cars???
Old 18 May 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2693442)   #17
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems every time I see car 10 on the coverage it's either getting fixed or in a fence somewhere......
Old 19 May 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2693681)   #18
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Fabian isn't going very well either, he's 24th in the Championship. Which is far worse than 16th last year in an underfunded team.

Perhaps Walkinshaw is just banking the Bundy cash rather than spending it on the cars???
perhaps Bundy should have given their $$ to PCR 2 years ago? rather than sponsor the Bundy Barge