Old 27 Jul 2001, 06:49 (Ref:122442)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernoldi is my worst team mate ever...

Harsh words indeed Jos, harsh words (from F1.on.net):

Jos Verstappen has launched a bitter attack on his teammate, Enrique Bernoldi. Verstappen says that he is weak in the races and is struggling in F1.

Bernoldi is new to F1 this season and has made many mistakes in the Grands Prix, although his performances are improving all the time.

Verstappen says that Bernoldi is not the teammate he wants at Arrows. The Dutchman said: "I think he is a talented driver in qualifying but he is not so strong in the race."

"I think he's struggling. He behaves confidently, but I think he is under pressure - maybe he doesn't show it.

"I don't get on with him very well. We talk to each other very little and for me, I must say, he is the worst team-mate I have had in Formula One.

"I don't know why. I had a very good relationship with all the others, and I never ever had problems with them, but with him I think he is very hard to accept. The team are standing behind me and that is good.

"I feel very happy for the future and for the future of the team as well, and he is very unsure and his problems are putting a lot of pressure on him.

"I am very clear on that (whether Bernoldi should stay) because I don't get on with him very well and I think there are better people for the team to get than him."

Verstappen has re-signed with the Arrows team for next season, as yet Bernoldi has not.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 07:47 (Ref:122451)   #2
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm at a loss, Jos, to understand why you would go public with this load of garbage. Did Tom ask you to do it?????
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:34 (Ref:122474)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Silly for Jos to say these things Alan don't you think>..Think them but it just can't do a team any good to read this ****..PS I owe you an e-mail mate..Very sorry about that
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:36 (Ref:122476)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I only said to read this pooh...LOL with a C
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:56 (Ref:122483)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There used to be an Italian driver. Andrea De Ceasaris. We called him De Craheris. I often think Jos is in a similar bracket. So which is the worst of the two? Too close to call but I don't think Jos is good enought to be able to get away with this one.

BTW. The "pooh" word is linked into the autocensor just like ********, ****, **** and ****. See what I mean?
Old 27 Jul 2001, 18:14 (Ref:122677)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
****, **** and ******* as well. Shame.

I ALWAYS said dropping PDLR was a bad idea. Those two made a great pair. Enrique always seemed a bit out of place there. We never heard any real words of encouragement for him, even after that Monaco drive. Prost next year for sure. Burti to Arrows. Jos shut yer gob.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:12 (Ref:122700)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
jos, sweetheart, come here for a second, would you...?

*THWACK!*

sorted.

carry on....
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:21 (Ref:122706)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Bella, are you sure you are not Australian?
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:45 (Ref:122713)   #9
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the guy who made that historic move over JPM in Interlagos ???, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Wash your mouth !!!
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:49 (Ref:122715)   #10
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let the kid have his 5 minutes of glory. For the first time in his life he feels he is better than his teammate and has to show it off. It is just natural human behavior…LOL
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:57 (Ref:122717)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's why they're payed to drive, they can't do anything better.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 20:10 (Ref:122725)   #12
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"he is the worst team-mate I have had in Formula One."

That's not a nice thing to say. Especially when one of your previous team mates was Ricardo Rosset...

But I don't think it will have an effect on anything. Except that it makes Jos look bad.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 00:16 (Ref:122798)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos, I suggest one shut's one's gob forthwith.

Enrique has been mightily impressive this season in a car which is, basically, a load of pants. Mistakes? Not many. Consistency? A lot.

Shut it JV.

Old 28 Jul 2001, 00:41 (Ref:122807)   #14
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a friend of Jos I think I have to clear this up a little bit.
Personally, I think he should have kept his mouth shut.

But he didn't and when saying Bernoldi is his worst team mate, he did not call in question his racing abilities.
Jos respects Bernoldi as a racing driver - he has to, since Enrique outqualified him a couple of times - but he does not respect him as a team mate.

Bernoldi does not communicate with anyone else then his own engineers.
Every data from Jos' car, whether gathered during training sessions, qualifications or races, is available to Bernoldi.
But when Jos asks for Bernoldi's data, the latter keeps his mouth shut.

According to Jos, he lacks team spirit and that's why he doesn't respect him.

But again, personally I think he should not have gone publicly about this.

And I agree with Tristan that Jos and Pedro de la Rosa made a great pair. Even more, there's a rumor - nothing more than that, although they come from an 'inside source' - that Pedro will drive for Arrows again next year.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 00:56 (Ref:122814)   #15
Alan Jones
Veteran

Thanks

Thanks Gerard, after your comments it makes a little more sense why he would speak out so negatively.Shame he did as he hasn't done himself alot of favours publicity wise. Maybe Irvine's recent comments inspired him to think he could also spit the dummy without a negative response from the fans.
You should advise Jos to put the facts about data sharing ( lack of it) also in the public arena.
Thanks again Gerard,

AJ
Old 28 Jul 2001, 01:35 (Ref:122829)   #16
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard. Jos was Schumi's teammate. I don't thing data sharing was better then than now, probably was worse.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 01:52 (Ref:122835)   #17
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBKing, Jos was not only Michael Schumacher's team mate but also a friend of his. They still are good friends.

During 1994 they certainly did share each others experiences and that's the way it should be in a team.

Usually it comes down to not being able to use your team mates data since every driver has his own set-up and driving style.

But that's not of importance.
The crux of the matter is that team mates are willing to share information in order not only to try to get a better team effort, but also to create a healthy team atmosphere.

When one driver in a team is reluctant to relate an experience to the other, he's the weakest link.
And you know what happens to them!
Old 28 Jul 2001, 08:43 (Ref:122892)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
um....Marques is worse than Bernoldi!!!

Enrique Bernoldi deserves a second season in F1, because he is doing a decent job.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 14:37 (Ref:123033)   #19
Tristan
Veteran

As is Tarso.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:12 (Ref:123051)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerard
And I agree with Tristan that Jos and Pedro de la Rosa made a great pair. Even more, there's a rumor - nothing more than that, although they come from an 'inside source' - that Pedro will drive for Arrows again next year.

Thanks, Gerard, it adds credence to my suspicion that HHF will be in a Jaguar next year.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:14 (Ref:123289)   #21
Tristan
Veteran

ALONGSIDE PEDRO??? No way. Pedro to Arrows, by the looks of things. HHF to Jag.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 16:04 (Ref:123397)   #22
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos i can see why he is your worst team mate. He keeps beating you!
Old 29 Jul 2001, 16:42 (Ref:123414)   #23
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what races have you been watching Hakkiman??

Bernoldi finished ahead of Jos for the first time this year today....

and that was just because of Zonta......

Jos was 11th in the opening stages, Bernoldi was 16th, but what the dutch TV viewers could hear is that Bernoldi was running 25 kg less fuel at the start.........

and after the shunt by Zonta Jos's car was a litle out of shape.....
Old 29 Jul 2001, 18:32 (Ref:123461)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mr nielsen, perhaps you should take a look outside your jos world. comparing everyone with him is not clever. his word is also not gospel.

methinks jos should shut up and start driving. if tom walkinshaw didn't think the sun shined out of his nethers, and he acted more like ej, he'd have been out on a limb a while ago.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 19:30 (Ref:123473)   #25
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
mr nielsen, perhaps you should take a look outside your jos world.
I'm sorry, but he happens to be right this time.
Before today, Bernoldi hasn't finished in front of Jos in a single race.