Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2799108)   #1
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Events for 2011

So, before the new year kicked off I thought i'd ask which events people are most looking forward to next year?

Any first times for going trackside etc?
Old 3 Dec 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2799166)   #2
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good question and one which I am debating at the moment. Overnights are out for me next year so got to be stuff I can get there and back in a day.

Internationally, I fancy either FIA GT or ILMS at Silverstone or WTCC at Donington. Nationally, really fancy some Brit GT racing at Oulton or Donington but sparse grids are putting me off. Will make the usual trip to BTCC Croft and great news HSCC is coming back. Britcar with Dutch Supercars looks interesting at Donnington. Trackrod Rally or some historic/classic action maybe and possible some Rallycross depending on if it's nearby or I can justify a trip further South (on last years evidence I'm struggling a bit). Feel the need to re visit my local venue at Harwood Hillclimb as well.

Really wanted to do Autosport International this year but can't make it, likwise Chatsworth Rally Show. On the telly it'll be the usual big ones, F1, Le Mans, Daytona, Bathurst, Dakar, Macau and Monte Carlo Rally. Choices, Choices!
Old 4 Dec 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2799503)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for me it's bella's world tour of europe again - most notably back to monza in may after a season away combined with the now traditional monaco gp visit, and back to paul ricard for the first time since bernie raped it. i'm not sure how i feel about that, whether it's better to think of it as an entirely different circuit in an entirely different location or to forget the old one existed.

i'd like to do the german grand prix again at the nurburgring - it was grim, cold, horrible and the campsite makes silverstone look like a 5 star hotel but there's something about the nurburgring isn't there
Old 6 Dec 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2800308)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans, Belgian GP and DTM at Hockenheim are the three events I'm targeting for 2011.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2800502)   #5
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will mainly be staying in the UK as per usual! Britcar 24hr at Silverstone, as well as the British GP, Brands hatch most weekends and hopefully WTCC at donington
Old 6 Dec 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2800514)   #6
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully:
FIA GT
MotoGP
British GP
World Superbikes
BTCC Thruxton (first time at Thruxton)
BTCC Rockingham
BTCC Donington
BTCC Silverstone
Renault World Series
LMS Silverstone
F3 Silverstone
Britcar 24
Walter Hayes

Poss: WTCC Donington, World Superbike Donington, F2 Silverstone.
Maybe Superleague if back at Silverstone.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2800913)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
2011? I haven't finished with events for this year yet!
Old 7 Dec 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2800971)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will actually be cutting down on meetings next year, 20 instead of 30 plus.
Still hope to do my favourites;
Silverstone LMS
Silverstone Classic
Brands Hatch Superprix
Britcar 24hrs
Silverstone GP
Silverstone FIA GT
750 MC

Will definately do the Chelsea Auto Legends show again.

Icing on the cake will be if I make it to Nurburgring.
Intend to visit Croft, the last circuit on the British mainland I haven't been to.
Snetterton 360mc 6 hours, will also be a new one.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2801463)   #9
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
2011? I haven't finished with events for this year yet!
What you got left then Bert?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2801483)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Longmoor on the 28th of December - fills up the dull bit between Christmas and New Year nicely
Old 10 Dec 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2802400)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Trackside? LMS Silverstone, Spa
LM24
N24
Britcar 24
FIA GT1 Silverstone, Portimao, Spa (if they do it next year?), San Luis.

Whatever I'm told to do by my editor...

Otherwise, I look forward to snapping at clubbies from Speccy side.
Plus VSCC bits n bobs.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2802431)   #12
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
WTCC at donington
Doesn't that clash with F2 at brands? Otherwise I would probably do it.

2011 I'm planning/looking forward to:

Starting the season on new years day at Wimbledon! (Plus a couple more dates at Wimbledon - Superstox world championship and Best In britain)

On the oval racing theme I will hopefully get down to Arlington again now they are back to Wednesday evenings.

Plenty of (or all) car meetings at brands (Too much to list)

A few meetings at snetterton (at least 1 750MC hopefully)

Goodwood revival for the first time. Plus the rally and a few sprints at goodwood.

Hopefully a day at castle combe, but they always seem to clash - and its a long way!

Hopefully lydden, but depends whats at brands on 25th June (BARC/RTS at lydden.)

2011 looking good at the moment!
Old 10 Dec 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2802452)   #13
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I hope that the Punta del Este Grand Prix is back for 2011 with the Argentine Top Race and all Uruguayan tin-tops. Then if I'm luck with uni I might visit Piriápolis again - I've been there last time in 2008. Other than that, I may go to the Mercosur Superbikes Cup next week at El Pinar.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2802455)   #14
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
and back to paul ricard for the first time since bernie raped it. i'm not sure how i feel about that, whether it's better to think of it as an entirely different circuit in an entirely different location or to forget the old one existed.
sorry I`ve lost touch with motor sport going ons these past five years - what`s happened to Paul Ricard?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2802470)   #15
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Doesn't that clash with F2 at brands? Otherwise I would probably do it.

Hopefully lydden, but depends whats at brands on 25th June (BARC/RTS at lydden.)

2011 looking good at the moment!
glad you said that - didnt realise brands had lost the wtcc - assumed it was on with f2.

would be good to see a few barc and brscc meetings get on the lydden calender for 2011 - sorry the classic festival wont be there in 2011, and miss the September oval day - hopefully the camso v8`s - sorry - late model european stock cars come to play again in 2011, and would love to see the legends
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2802635)   #16
westfieldbend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post

would be good to see a few barc and brscc meetings get on the lydden calender for 2011
At the moment they are:
BARC 25th June
BRSCC 10/11 September

Old 10 Dec 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2802743)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
(WTCC at donington) Doesn't that clash with F2 at brands? Otherwise I would probably do it.
WTCC @ Donington is 17th July, F2 @ Brands is the following weekend (24th July). There is an MSVR meeting a Brands on the 17th for GT Cup.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2803309)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only confirmed events for 2011 are Autosport Show and BTCC Rockingham. I'm sure I'll find a few more events to go to.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2803437)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
sorry I`ve lost touch with motor sport going ons these past five years - what`s happened to Paul Ricard?
they bulldozed the entire old circuit and turned it into a testing focussed circuit with about a thousand layouts and modern pits but absolutely nothing of the character the old place used to have. it used to feel like being in some sort of time warp!
Old 12 Dec 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2803517)   #20
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doesn't that clash with F2 at brands?

Even if they did clash, I would be at WTCC/Auto GP at Donnington any day of the week!
Old 13 Dec 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2803761)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
WTCC is off the agenda for me next year - Donington is that bit too far for a day trip and overnighters aren't an option
Old 13 Dec 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2803818)   #22
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need to add the visit of the Superstars series to Donnington on 19th June into the mix now as well. Some really good events shaping up at Donington next year.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2804025)   #23
westfieldbend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
WTCC @ Donington is 17th July, F2 @ Brands is the following weekend (24th July). There is an MSVR meeting a Brands on the 17th for GT Cup.
Thanks for that, exactly what my spreadsheet says too! Don't know why I thought it was 17th.. The MSVR meeting indy circuit meeting will probably be better then F2 on the GP circuit though, Will have to wait until more comprehensive calenders come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Even if they did clash, I would be at WTCC/Auto GP at Donnington any day of the week!
It just seems stupid to me to drive past brands when there is a half decent meeting on, which doesn't cost me to get into as have season pass, to go to donington and pay to get in! WTCC probebly is worth it though!
Old 14 Dec 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2804372)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ricard has been emasculated. The Mistral is about HALF of what it used to be, and the whole place is covered in stripes.
Bernie owns it now, and it's called HTTT Paul Ricard, as it is, apparently, a High Tech Test Track.
For a while spectators weren't allowed in to watch either.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2804535)   #25
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Ricard has been emasculated. The Mistral is about HALF of what it used to be, and the whole place is covered in stripes.
Bernie owns it now, and it's called HTTT Paul Ricard, as it is, apparently, a High Tech Test Track.
For a while spectators weren't allowed in to watch either.
All sounds very sad - so which track in France is the best option for spectators?