Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Mar 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3213945)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally of The Midlands

Whilst having a great time at the weekend doing the Malcolm Wilson Rally in the Lake District, I learnt that the Rally of the Midlands wont happen this year, allegedly due to problems with Mallory Park. Possible good news is that they may well be a one day event at MIRA on the Saturday.
Watch this space as they say.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3213986)   #2
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea what the problem was with Mallory?
Old 4 Mar 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3213989)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lack of intererst in anything to do with cars..........................................
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3214160)   #4
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A real shame as its usually an awesome event - with the Friday evening Mallory stage being good fun.

Talking about it on the mid wales yesterday apparently they can't get use of the Hinckley car park stage either due to building demolision, again a good stage for spectators.

A Mallory event will be good fun - even though there are others, the possibilities are endless in Mira!
Old 4 Mar 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3214176)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Release
Press Release that we didn't want to have to go public with. Sad times. Officials, Marshals and crews please keep Saturday 22nd June in your diaries.

VENUE BLOW TO MIDLAND EVENT ORGANISERS

Organisers of the Lovell Rally of the Midlands have cancelled the 2013 event planned for June 21st 22nd.

The multi-venue asphalt rally, due to be part of the Heart of England, RAF and ANCC Championships, as well as featuring a special category for the legendary Group B cars, has been an annual event in and around Hinckley and Nuneaton for the past ten years.

“We very much regret having to take this decision, but due to problems in securing suitable stages we feel it only fair to our partners that this decision is made in a timely manner,” said Peter Young, Rally Director.

“Mallory Park Race Circuit is currently involved in a number of issues that prevent the circuit from committing to availability, Bramcote Army base in not available due to operational activities and the Hinckley town centre stage cannot be used due to rebuilding works,” he added.

Clerk of the Course, Richard Hinton, said: “We anticipated a large crowd and substantial entry for the rally and with the lack of stage mileage we did not believe we could operate the event in a safe and professional manner, and therefore were forced into taking this decision.”

The team will now continue to focus their efforts on securing venues for the 2014 event.
Jim
Old 5 Mar 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3214560)   #6
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
Postie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park sold to property developer? http://t.co/kmvALzrN7M
Old 5 Mar 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3214570)   #7
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Aha.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3214571)   #8
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news-in...5367-32894281/
Old 5 Mar 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3214577)   #9
chefpaddy
Rookie

England
Buckinghamshire
chefpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a property developer is paying 8 million for the site that could be a serious amount of houses being built to make a return i bet the NIMBY locals will be pleading to keep racing there
Old 5 Mar 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3214596)   #10
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I think Brands used to be owned by a property development company for years, we all know that was never built over, that was saved because its always had healthy racing schedules amongst other reasons.

Mallory on the other hand is facing some difficulties, BARC has said nothing about the new ownership, doubt they will.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3214603)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Remember BARC dont own the site, they only manage (sic) it.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3214639)   #12
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-de...er&newsid=8775
Old 5 Mar 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3214809)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrible news. If we're going to lose the wonderful Mallory because some people retired to next door to a circuit that's been running for 60 years I hope they get some really Chavvy neighbours who ride mopeds and souped up 205s with very loud radios at all hours of the night and all week-end, enough houses to cause traffic problems and at least one decent medium-rise eyesore.

Be careful what you wish for, people...
Old 6 Mar 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3215040)   #14
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Terrible news. If we're going to lose the wonderful Mallory because some people retired to next door to a circuit that's been running for 60 years I hope they get some really Chavvy neighbours who ride mopeds and souped up 205s with very loud radios at all hours of the night and all week-end, enough houses to cause traffic problems and at least one decent medium-rise eyesore.

Be careful what you wish for, people...
Leicester seems to have a bit of a problem to come up with some suitable locations for mobile workers.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2MlJtcrIA

Perhaps the Southern end of the county area could offer some assistance?
Old 6 Mar 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3215144)   #15
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/...0/mallory_park
Old 6 Mar 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3215159)   #16
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Whilst having a great time at the weekend doing the Malcolm Wilson Rally in the Lake District, .
What stage were you on?

Pretty sure it wasnt the one that won best stage

As to mallory, big sigh, hope it all works out, only get there once in a preston guild, but enjoy it lots

Last edited by Ian Briggs; 6 Mar 2013 at 16:59. Reason: speeln errrrs
Old 6 Mar 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3215236)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has provoked a lot of discussion around our way. The mid week track days are the problem. They are very noisy and there is a question about whether they were ever actually approved. The council turned something of a blind eye for many years but residents went to the local government ombudsman who threatened the council with legal action if they didn't enforce the conditions of the existing planning restrictions (these don't affect racing). Then, surprise, surprise, there is the sudden threat of the track being sold for housing. To stop the locals protesting perhaps?

In reality there is nothing in the local plan about building homes on the Mallory site. As everyone knows it is a very rural area and they would struggle to get planning permission for a site like this. Its a classic bluff.

I am a massive supporter of Mallory but they haven't played this very sensibly.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3215237)   #18
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestingly a friend tells me there was track day activity today even though these have been officially cancelled....
Old 7 Mar 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3215407)   #19
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
[QUOTE=Ian Briggs;3215159]What stage were you on?

At the Finish of Grisedale 2 (I think) - absolutely brilliant
Old 7 Mar 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3215478)   #20
saddelbags
Rookie

saddelbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original planing consent for Mallory was one line to operate a race circuit I have seen this the problem came when they asked for consent for changes ie new pits and the like they came with conditions Chris Meek was against any think that compromised the original planing consent.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3215700)   #21
John_B
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
John_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Briggs View Post
What stage were you on?

Wonder which stage won Best Stage?

Do tell Ian
Old 10 Mar 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3216659)   #22
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Apparently it was Grisedale North, the stage where I was on the 'stop' line
Old 10 Mar 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3216670)   #23
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Apparently it was Grisedale North, the stage where I was on the 'stop' line
Lordy, so you went through my startline with Ian Evanss crew and signed on but didnt say hello

Mind you, at sign on I am a bit mithered

Wish I had known, I would have told the Cofc who visited the startline that there was another c of c on the stopline, he was allready worried when I told him there was a FIA official doing start radio and a member of the Rallies committee doing in stage marshal

And i suppose i had better say thanks for helping win the nice silver pot that will be gracing the trophy cabinet for the next 12 months

That you at the end then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXJz4Cq6wE
Old 10 Mar 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3216694)   #24
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Not only that, but my Wife was with m e, and like me she is also a MSA Steward
Old 10 Mar 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3216777)   #25
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Might have been a tad over managed this year, I make it
1 FIA
1MSA Rallies ctte,
2 MSA Marshals working group,
2 MSA stewards,
at least 6 MSA Rally radio controllers, not counting the 1 in control....
2 Rally GB Stage commanders
1 race CofC
3 rally Cofcs

All coming out to be foot soldiers for little (?) old me, I knew there was a reason no one queried any times!