Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 May 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3242339)   #1
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Murphy the Bear

Sorry if this is a completely boneheaded question and that the answer is/was the worst kept secret and I am the last to hear/figure it out...

Was "Murphy the Bear" Chris Economaki?

I had never really put much thought into who it was and was recently thinking I hadn't see anything posted on his blog in awhile. I looked and the most recent entry was from 2012-09-01 and Chris passed away on 2012-09-28. The most recent comment on his last post is from that same day and says RIP Chris.

I did a quick Google search as well as a search here and didn't see anything linking the two together?

Richard
Old 3 May 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3242344)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Murphy The Bear = TWK = Tom Kjos.
Old 3 May 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3242346)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Murphy The Bear = TWK = Tom Kjos.
Ok, that sounds familiar. I think I actually remember hearing that. TWK hasn't visited here since 2011. I guess Murphy and TWK has gone quiet for other reasons then.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 3 May 2013 at 20:09.
Old 3 May 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3242356)   #4
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, it was Kjos. Last I heard he was moving on to things outside of motorsports.
Old 3 May 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3242362)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Yep, it was Kjos. Last I heard he was moving on to things outside of motorsports.
Indeed, the ALMS had lost it's lustre, so he moved on, like many others.
Old 4 May 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3242455)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It's a shame he moved on because I really enjoyed reading his blog.
Old 4 May 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3242816)   #7
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
It's a shame he moved on because I really enjoyed reading his blog.
It was informative AND very entertaining.
Old 4 May 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3242891)   #8
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like I read him saying that he was taking time off from his blog for awhile to work on a long term project which he did not describe.

And I agree, I also enjoyed his blog.
Old 5 May 2013, 05:58 (Ref:3242977)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
Seems like I read him saying that he was taking time off from his blog for awhile to work on a long term project which he did not describe.
I remember him giving a link to some unfinished research paper. Subject had something to do with military history/Vietnam War. A new hobby I guess.

Edit: yup: http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....ity-of-choice/
Quote:
Where’s the Bear Been?

After more than a decade, he’s really quite tired of the Braselburger crap. He’s got something far more fun and far more important to work on. Check out some background material at http://gourl.gr/owz or http://min.us/msLVTYQei . Go ahead, download. Perhaps you know someone who knows someone who can help.

The Bear will check in occasionally, and he’ll still tweet. But if it’s the same ole mostly-spec-racing crap, well, he’s got better things to do.
Links are dead though.

Last edited by deggis; 5 May 2013 at 06:07.
Old 5 May 2013, 06:26 (Ref:3242979)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I just tried one of those links and no go. Twitter hasnt been updated since last year.
Old 6 May 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3243432)   #11
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I remember him giving a link to some unfinished research paper. Subject had something to do with military history/Vietnam War. A new hobby I guess.

Edit: yup: http://murphythebear.com/blog/index....ity-of-choice/

Links are dead though.
Not a hobby I can assure you. Tom served his country during the Vietnam War and is a decorated veteran. He has good reason to write about those times.