Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:30 (Ref:146967)   #1
kart_ferrari
Rookie

kart_ferrari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
barichello was fantastic at monza

well it was a great racing by ferraris no:2 driver who started pushing right from the start .he could have won eaisly in the ferraris home gp ,but the delay in pits cost him 2nd
well the battle between rubino and ralf was fantastic

finally montoya turned out be a winner with barichello just at the tail of williams

karthik
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:40 (Ref:146974)   #2
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ruben's Race

Barrichello certainly did race well. My own view is that he might well have won were it not for the miscue in the pits. I am happy to see Montoya get his first victory, but he did have some good luck.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:45 (Ref:146977)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and if the race was 5 laps longer.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:51 (Ref:146978)   #4
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I understand why respected commentators speak well of Barichello.
Before he didn´t convince me , infact at times I even subscribed to the waste of good seat view-point. This weekend changed all that.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:56 (Ref:146983)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RB was impressive all weekend, as though maybe he had something to prove to the tifosi in Italy itself, because frankly, why hasn't he driven like that all season???

As for the race itself, he would have won indeed if it had not been for that screw up at the pitstop which cost him 8 seconds. How far was he behind at the finish? 5 seconds.

On such a fine thread does a grand prix win hang.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 20:28 (Ref:147131)   #6
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens did an excellent race and should have won, but as F1 shows it's not neccesarily who deserves to win, but who encounters less problems.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 20:53 (Ref:147152)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the first time this season, RB impressed me. He impressed me a great deal. A superb drive, and a superb win denied by a fuel nozzle... grrrrr...
Old 16 Sep 2001, 21:03 (Ref:147160)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
RB was impressive all weekend, as though maybe he had something to prove to the tifosi in Italy itself, because frankly, why hasn't he driven like that all season???

As for the race itself, he would have won indeed if it had not been for that screw up at the pitstop which cost him 8 seconds. How far was he behind at the finish? 5 seconds.

On such a fine thread does a grand prix win hang.
I agree f1manoz, Rubens did a great job all weekend,it certainly proves that he has the stuff to be a winner,he is great at passing and a really nice guy to boot..Why did he not drive like this all season? I have no clue!

Regards....Jeremy
Old 16 Sep 2001, 23:00 (Ref:147231)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Why did he not drive like this all season? I have no clue!
It sounds like : "lack of motivation"...

While he has to play the role of the second driver and help the number one, he does it in a burocratic way.

But now, the team wants him to go for it, so...

[RB don't be a cry-baby, we all know the deal at Ferrari, excuses don't hide that, just make up your mind and go for it, money isn't all in this life !!!]

Last edited by Bononi; 16 Sep 2001 at 23:01.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 23:09 (Ref:147237)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fastracer
Rubens did an excellent race and should have won, but as F1 shows it's not neccesarily who deserves to win, but who encounters less problems.
One golden point for you..., because, both drivers encountered problems.
Barrichello - Pits
Montoya - Lap 8 (when RB easily overpassed him)
Old 17 Sep 2001, 16:10 (Ref:147460)   #11
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: barichello was fantastic at monza

Quote:
Originally posted by kart_ferrari
well it was a great racing by ferraris no:2 driver ...
finally montoya turned out be a winner with barichello just at the tail of williams
1. Yesterday was a great race for #2 drivers
Montoya
Barrichello
De La Rosa
Three examples of that.

2. Both JPM and RB had problems yesterday but they fought. Now I realize that JPM said it was a problem braking with the back right tire the one that permited RB passing him.
Rubinho, great surprise for me. Finally, you told me you are a great driver, you finished second although the "nozzle affair".

3. Ralf... poor boy... Is there any rule saying that if you have stomach ache you cannot drive?