Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2015, 19:17 (Ref:3551295)   #1
OSTKURVE
Rookie

United States
Los Angeles
OSTKURVE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mexican Grand Prix Ticket Debacle

I have been greatly anticipating attending the 2015 Mexican Gran Prix. As soon as the event was announced I went directly to the venue's web site to attempt to purchase tickets,there was no information regarding ticket sales on the site @ that time.

Shortly thereafter the site received a complete redesign & Ticketmaster Mexico was listed as the official outlet to purchase tickets. I attempted to purchase tickets & was unable to due to the fact that the official sale date had not be determined.

I went to the FIA web site to try to obtain ticket sale information the site stated that tickets were not available for sale & to leave your e-mail address to be notified when the event tickets were going to be available for sale to the public.

Within days of registering on the FIA I received an unrelated e-mail from a company that sells packages for F1 races offering Mexican Grand Prix packages which I thought was odd due to the fact that tickets were not available from the "official" outlets.

Yesterday I received the long awaited e-mail from the FIA notifying me that tickets were now officially on sale, I proceeded to go to the website to attempt to purchase tickets & the event is sold out.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3551312)   #2
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That sounds a bit like what was happening at the top of another sport that the FBI are investigating.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3551493)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
They sell all the tickets in block bookings to tour companies who are meant to get foreigners to come into the country using the tickets as an incentive.

If you know someone who is travelling to Mexico from a foreign country they may be able to get you some of the eye wateringly expensive tickets in Mexico amazingly cheaply through a foreign travel agency!

It is often best to buy your local GP tickets in a foreign country.

Car hire too!
Old 17 Jun 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3551575)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just looking at the prices on formula1.com....outrageous!

by comparison, for Montreal a grandstand 1 seat (across from pits typically the most expensive seats) will cost CAN$575 for adults and $295 for a child under 11.

http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.c...6#onglet_suite
Old 17 Jun 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3551619)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Mexican are desperate to attend the race. Each round of tickets sold out in minutes.

The next round is supposed to open tomorrow: http://www.autonoticias.com.mx/home/...gpdef1enmexico