Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jun 2002, 18:52 (Ref:317080)   #1
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the winners are...

Aysedasi and Folks,

So, who won the prizes for...

- the closest bet on the pole time, and
- the closest bet on the number of laps completed by the winning car?

I promised to buy a six-pack to the winners, and I am just waiting for the official announcements to send a check across the pond (as I assume European fans got it right).

Cheers,
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:59 (Ref:317132)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, FastJoel posted his list of results in this thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=23972

Since I came out on top in the one for most laps, I'm happy with his determination. I'm assuming I don't get penalized for being over a la "The Price is Right"...

I'm in Canada, so just sending me a six of MGD USPS will suffice.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:18 (Ref:317370)   #3
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and i got fastest pole time! well you know i just cant help being so clever and logical in my predictions......(ok it was my girlfriend , dont tell anyone tho!)
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:15 (Ref:317603)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Until Ayse reopens the number of laps thread, I thought this would be the best place to post this info.

I made some assertions in the "back home..." thread about Audi taking the post-mulsanne-chicane distance record handily, when in fact it was nearly missed. The reason being I had the track's current distance wrong. However, since it is marginally longer than when Peugeot set the record (13.65 vs 13.6) and they did the same number of laps, they obviously still (barely) got the record.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:17 (Ref:317605)   #5
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Hello, Paul-Collins!

Man, congratulations! Are you going to Elkhart Lake for the ALMS (July 4th) or the CART (August 18th) races? I ask because I see that you live in Toronto. If so, I wil be delighted to buy you a six-pack there.

Please let me know. If you are not going to Elkhart Lake (c'mon, it is not that far from you and it is the best road circuit in North America!), then I will send you a check.

I may go to Mosport later this year, but it depends on a number of factors, so we should better not count on it.

Cheers,
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:23 (Ref:317612)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Hello, TVRfan.

Congratulations for getting the pole time award!

As I am not going to the UK soon, send me a private message and we discuss the details on how you can receive your prize ().

I can send you a check, a money order or something like that!

Cheers,

Last edited by Muzza; 20 Jun 2002 at 13:25.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:41 (Ref:317625)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Sadly, Elkhart Lake is a no go for me (CART or ALMS). Scheduling is the main reason: we don't have July 4th off up here, and the CART race conflicts with Mosport ALMS. That's my regular race.

Anyway, I appreciate the offer of a cheque, but if it's ok with you, I'd rather just hold off and collect in person sometime in the next few years. If you come to Mosport, or I go to Elkhart, or we meet elsewhere (especially somewhere French - but then it'd have to be English or Belgian beer)... Don't worry, I'll remember.

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2002, 18:11 (Ref:317757)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will get around to confirming the predictions competitions results eventually. I'm a bit short of time at the moment. Mrs. Aysedasi is deserving of some of my attention right now - bearing in mind that I've not only got Le Mans 2003 to do the groundwork for, but September's Classic as well!
Old 21 Jun 2002, 18:26 (Ref:318337)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
September's Classic as well !
You said it,you said it, it's a deal !!!

BTW, any award for first retirement ? We are three to win, if I may say so... poor Yojiro !

Last edited by Fab; 21 Jun 2002 at 18:27.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 04:49 (Ref:318626)   #10
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Hello, Paul Collins,

Great! Let's keep in touch and hopefully we will meet soon in a race track somewhere.

(this moment calls for a Blue Moon, brewed in Boulder, Colorado, and one of my preferred beers).

(sadly, I learned in Portland during the CART race weekend that Nor'wester has ceased production. The company went bust...)

Cheers,