Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2003, 11:07 (Ref:554741)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Third time lucky for JPM

First the Jos incident, then the Schumacher one - both previous years Montoya has looked decent at Interlagos and the FW25 (contrary to what is believed elsewhere) is a good car with a load of new improved stuff on it... So - I reckon he's a good bet.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 11:42 (Ref:554768)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Hope your right Glen
Old 1 Apr 2003, 11:54 (Ref:554783)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10-1 odds can be had - now that I have stuck my neck out and my money down I'm sure it is the kiss of death though!

You can get 14-1 on Ralf.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 11:58 (Ref:554788)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope so. JPM seems to do well at Interlagos.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 12:08 (Ref:554799)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although I would like to see JPM win, I am hoping Rubens can finally win in front of his adoring home crowd. Though I'm sure a JPM win would be popular with some sections of the crowd.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 14:30 (Ref:554940)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montoya and Rubens have both been hopelessly unlucky in Brazil in the past, so I hope they can ahve a better race this year. It's a shame Brazil is one only South American race, a visit to Mexico or another Spanish-speaking Latin nation would be good for the fans.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 14:31 (Ref:554944)   #7
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FW25 doesn't look fast enough to win!
Old 1 Apr 2003, 15:04 (Ref:554969)   #8
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a feeling Coulthard might get this one.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 16:23 (Ref:555025)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
The FW25 doesn't look fast enough to win!
Didn't look fast enough to lead for most of the Melbourne race, but it did. And - there's a whole load of new stuff in it now, including the rear suspension that it was supposed to have in the first place. Williams claim it should be ideally suited to the tricky twisty sections at Interlagos and the performance of the BMW up the hill of the main straight is not in doubt. McLaren and Ferrari will doubtless be strong, but that's why Montoya is 10 to 1.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 17:52 (Ref:555111)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it's going to happen, it would likely happen in Brazil. Once the '03 McLaren & Ferrari come out, I doubt Williams will have a shot. If the improvements are large and JPM puts out a killer qualifying lap, he stands a good chance of holding back the Ferraris through the race. In that case it would boil down to pit stratagy and pit stops.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 18:21 (Ref:555140)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Glen says, the team does seem quite confident ahead of the next race and testing times have backed that up. However, I fear that if he doesn't win before the new Ferrari's and Mclaren's are unleashed then it won't happen at all this year, so here's hoping for Brazil.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 18:43 (Ref:555160)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Rubens could be in for a decent race. I can't believe Ferrari can keep doing as badly as they have (relative to their past form).

Sadly I'd be surprised if Monty got on the podium.

I'd go for two Ferrari's and a McLaren.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 1 Apr 2003 at 18:45.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 19:07 (Ref:555178)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's see how he's going to do the "S" in the first lap...
Old 1 Apr 2003, 20:22 (Ref:555256)   #14
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya loves to race at interlagos. Last night, he did a press conference here in Colombia, and he said he really liked the circuit, that it was like racing home, and that he felt the car, and the improvements, were going to make this weekend one to remember for him.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 21:24 (Ref:555307)   #15
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM will be wearing a helmet with a new design for next weekend's Grand Prix at Interlagos.
JPM has run a competition in his home country of Colombia for children to design the helmet to be worn as a one off in Brazil.
The competition was run in two age groups and was this year won by a 16-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy.
The girl's design will feature on the helmet for the race weekend but both winners will be attending the race as JPM's guests. And he will show them around Williams garage and have dinner with them. After the Brazilian GP, the helmet will be auctioned for charity.
So hopefully he will finish on podium this year
Old 1 Apr 2003, 21:48 (Ref:555328)   #16
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorstone
JPM will be wearing a helmet with a new design for next weekend's Grand Prix at Interlagos.
JPM has run a competition in his home country of Colombia for children to design the helmet to be worn as a one off in Brazil.
The competition was run in two age groups and was this year won by a 16-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy.
The girl's design will feature on the helmet for the race weekend but both winners will be attending the race as JPM's guests. And he will show them around Williams garage and have dinner with them. After the Brazilian GP, the helmet will be auctioned for charity.
So hopefully he will finish on podium this year

Oh god, is he gonna do a Rubens 2001!?
Old 1 Apr 2003, 22:03 (Ref:555343)   #17
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only pray that Ferrari don't use team orders. My goodness, could you imagine the resulting riot! My money is on Kimi or Juan.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 22:25 (Ref:555354)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
Oh god, is he gonna do a Rubens 2001!?
Apparently he's done it every year at Brazil.....maybe he shouldn't and he might have more luck
Old 2 Apr 2003, 08:46 (Ref:555623)   #19
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Put me down for JPM in the gravel trap by lap 5
Old 2 Apr 2003, 08:51 (Ref:555626)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Thought you might say that AB
Old 2 Apr 2003, 08:58 (Ref:555633)   #21
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Unless he gets rammed by a go kart again
Old 2 Apr 2003, 09:03 (Ref:555640)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
I'm staying at home for this race so hopefully, he might be safe
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:01 (Ref:555721)   #23
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya winning would be good, but i want Mclaren to take 1st and 2nd, that way their lead over Ferrari will be even bigger and the expected Ferrari come back will be too late.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:06 (Ref:555722)   #24
Glen
Veteran

Nooo - nobody likes to see Ron happy!

Tags
jpm