Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 May 2003, 04:22 (Ref:588171)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The new Schumacher

I hate to refer to another forum, but I must give the credit where it is due for this. It cracked me up.

Ralf Schumacher seeks to overturn Gasgoyne decision, claims to be "New Schumacher"

Barcelona, Spain - In a surprise move by 4-time race champion Ralf Schumacher, the diminunitive German has sought an official ruling on who, exactly, the "New Schumacher" really is.

"I don't know what they are talking about. I should be the new Schumacher. I have always been the new Schumacher."

In a strange twist, Fernando Alonso, to whom the comment originally applied, was visibly upset in the Barcelona paddock.

"I don't a want to a be the new a Schumacher." Alonso said, pacing back and forth the back of the garage. "He can a barely keep up with that a meaty columbian. I don't want to have such a dissapointing career. I'd actually like to win once in a while, or at least qualify in the top 15 " Informed that Gasgoyne meant Michael, and Not Ralf, Alonso's tone changed slightly, but he remained somewhat preterbed. "Oh, a michael? That's okay, yes, I guess, but I don't a think I want to have to keep hitting things. I was a hurt pretty bad from a just that tyre. I don't know how I'm a supposed to work my way up to whole cars. Honestly, I don't know if I can do that."

Conversely, Ricardo Zonta was pleased to hear that Eddie Irvine referred to him as the "New Tuero", although no one can figure out what Eddie was getting at, or why Zonta would be "positively chuffed up" about the comment. Paddock - wide speculation, after their collective memory was refreshed, and they "sort of" remembered Ricardo, was that he was probably just happy to have someone talking about him.

Zonta, left, and the venerable Estaban Tuero

Paul Stoddart, never to be left out of any party, real or percieved, was quick to pronounce Jos Verstappen as "Looking more and more like the new Jos Verstappen."

Jos Verstappen, Left, and Paul Stoddart's secret weapon, the "New Verstappen

New Coke could not be reached for comment, but Gasgoyne did mention that it might just be the new Gaston Mazzcane.

Old 3 May 2003, 09:41 (Ref:588311)   #2
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 3 May 2003, 09:53 (Ref:588318)   #3
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahhhhhh ricardo zonta
Old 3 May 2003, 09:55 (Ref:588321)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I saw that too Wrex, it's a classic
Old 4 May 2003, 21:34 (Ref:589548)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good one Wrex,