Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2003, 03:57 (Ref:617372)   #1
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT's New Owner

Release Date: 02/06/2003

Mark Skaife Takes The Reins At Holden Racing Team
Holden has announced plans for five-time touring car titleholder and reigning V8 Supercar champion Mark Skaife to become the sole owner of Holden Racing Team.

The move, which is subject to approval by the Touring Car Entrants Group, will put Australia's most successful current V8 Supercar driver at the helm of its most successful racing franchise.

Holden and Skaife have reached agreement for a 10-year ownership contract, which follows the five-year contract committing Skaife as a HRT driver until the end of 2006.

Holden bought HRT in late February as part of an emergency buy-out of TWR Australia. The purchase included KMart Racing and an engineering division based at Clayton. At the time, Holden stated its intention to sell the racing teams as soon as possible.

This is a red letter day for the great red team of Australian motor sport.

Mark Skaife is the logical choice to lead Holden Racing Team on and off the track and we are delighted to have reached agreement.

Mark boasts a 10-year association with Holden motor sport and this is a clear, natural step in his already significant racing career. This also ensures that one of the biggest jewels in Holden's crown will receive proper care and attention.

Mark has indicated he wants to see people at HRT doing what they do best.

He feels his best driving years are still in front of him, and if we as a team can preserve the essence and culture of HRT, the performance levels of past years can be maintained.

In addition, Kees Weel would remain as the owner of Team Brock.

Holden had always stated its intention to remove itself from ownership and to ensure three stand-alone team structures were created. Holden is looking forward to another sensational season of motor sport and we appreciate your continued support.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 04:22 (Ref:617377)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 4 car HRT, owned by Mark Skaife... interesting
Old 2 Jun 2003, 05:57 (Ref:617402)   #3
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news. I hope this doesn't affect his driving though. At least Geoff Grech is still managing the team. Now that this is finally over I think you'll find HRT will start to get back into top form and challenge Ambrose. Although this still hasn't been rubber stamped by TEGA, I will be very surprised if they don't, if they don't I will extemely peeved about it as I don't see any reason not to. Good on you Skaifey!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:14 (Ref:617408)   #4
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And where did Skaife get 20 or so million dollars from? Holden maybe. Stinks of rotten fish to me.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:26 (Ref:617412)   #5
Scott75
Veteran

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to complain or to think HRT and Holden are cheating (What a SURPRISE)! If Ford had done it and Lowndes was owner you wouldn't carry on. What's the different between Seton owning his team for all those years, nothing. I know that most of you will have a crack at me but I'm sick of seeing & reading all of this Skaife,Holden and HRT bashing, get over it. Be thankful that you have Ambrose at Ford as he's showing up everyone else there at Ford and some Holden Teams.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:39 (Ref:617416)   #6
Trevor P
Racer

Trevor P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott
Ambrose and Ingall are showing up ALL Holden teams!
Yeehah!!!!!
TP
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:42 (Ref:617418)   #7
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Just got an e-mail from the HSV list which adds that there will be an online chat at 5pm at www.hsv.com.au to answer any questions.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:49 (Ref:617422)   #8
billyr35
Rookie

billyr35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy do you know where on the site the chat will be, I cant find it anywhere. Just some metion of it on the announcment page.
Top 5 newspaper headlines of 1999: "War Dims Hope for Peace", "New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group , "Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers", "Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over" and "Typhoon Rips through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead "
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:53 (Ref:617423)   #9
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Nope, haven't looked myself yet, it just says:

AN ONLINE CHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AT 5PM. VISIT WWW.HSV.COM.AU at 5pm.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 06:55 (Ref:617425)   #10
Scott75
Veteran

TP, Ingall is actually surprising me, since the start of they year when he was hitting just about everything he seems to have settled down alot and is a big title threat as he is now being more conservative. And Ambrose is well doing what Skaife has done for the last couple of years. And yes they are beating all the Holden Teams. Now that the HRT ownership is nearly over I hope that Skaife is back up the front with Ambrose/Ingall where I think you'll c some of the best racing in years. May the best man win. And although I want to see Skaife win again I wouldn't to be surprised to see Ambrose with the crown this year, he deserves it, see some Skaife/Holden fans aren't that bad I won't be complaining about Ford winning as it is good for the championship.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 07:01 (Ref:617427)   #11
billyr35
Rookie

billyr35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy, I just refreshed their site and it came up with a seperate window. Pretty swish looks like that chat is about to start.
Top 5 newspaper headlines of 1999: "War Dims Hope for Peace", "New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group , "Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers", "Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over" and "Typhoon Rips through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead "
Old 2 Jun 2003, 09:02 (Ref:617499)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Tracy
Hi

Nope, haven't looked myself yet, it just says:

AN ONLINE CHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AT 5PM. VISIT WWW.HSV.COM.AU at 5pm.
Um, I think that was a bit of poetic licence to say any questions would be answered... having just endured the 2 hr session, I dont think I know any more now than I did then
Old 2 Jun 2003, 09:10 (Ref:617505)   #13
Mick05
Rookie

Mick05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm confused, the press release states that Holden always had intended for there to be three stand alone teams, but they only verify Skaife owning HRT and Kees Weel owning Team Brock.
What about Kmart? Or have they just been swallowed up by the Skaife Racing Team??
Old 2 Jun 2003, 09:17 (Ref:617510)   #14
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg and Kevin Murphy are looking a safe bet for K-Mart racing. I don't think the Kellys will get it.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 09:24 (Ref:617517)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No suprise in Skaife taking control of HRT, now maybe they can get their minds back on to the job of racing.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:00 (Ref:617667)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone seriously expect an 'outsider' to end up owning the team.

Nothing has changed except for the name on the ownership papers.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:01 (Ref:618379)   #17
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which is all that happened when Holden had to take over temporarily.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:05 (Ref:618524)   #18
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that the issues have been sorted and should be signed off by TEGA should now seee the team doing what it does best WIN. I am sure the uncertainty of position for its staff has seen them take their eye of the job at hand in recent months. Job security always equates to better performance.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:28 (Ref:618551)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Greg and Kevin Murphy are looking a safe bet for K-Mart racing. I don't think the Kellys will get it.
I am getting more and more confused....

Mr John Kelly, dad to Todd and Rick, is apparently the buyer of the 00 franchise. I would doubt that Mr Kelly would buy it so that Murf could lease it, although stranger things have happened
Old 3 Jun 2003, 00:14 (Ref:618589)   #20
pete55
Veteran

I think you may know more about this than i do GTR. But it has been said the drivers in the 'Holden' teams are staying as is so it is a bit unusual there for a start if different franchises from currently used come into the equation.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 00:23 (Ref:618594)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will Skaife suffer the same fate as Seton ?
He believes the team owner / driver setup is no longer a viable solution.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 00:41 (Ref:618602)   #22
pete55
Veteran

I don't think Skaife will have to worry about the day to day operation of the team and the financial side of it. That will all be taken care of by 'Holden' personnel.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 01:33 (Ref:618642)   #23
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now no one at HRT can stop skaife getting his big nose into the management mix.

I hate to admit it, but I home skaife performs to the same level as Prost in his team ownership role. GO SKAIFE.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 02:34 (Ref:618670)   #24
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife has already been through the team ownership blues - remember Skaife/Gibson and Sega???
Old 3 Jun 2003, 04:27 (Ref:618757)   #25
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Holden Network Q, the Holden Backing without actually having Holden Backing....

Yay Holden, yet another fine mess... all we have to wiat for is for you to hand the keys to KRT to Murf and the demise of the best factory team in Australia will be complete.

Hero or Zero. I guess Mr Borrett picked the latter.