Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 8 Sep 2003, 12:29 (Ref:711764)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Sunday...arrived at Donington nice and early...get camera out, great, get Sigma lens out of it's nice green bag..horror of horrors in my rush to get out the house I grabbed my Sigma Pentax lenses to try fit onto my Sigma SD9...how freaking stupid and p****d off did I feel

Anybody else ever done that or am I a unique specimen...keep me away from sharp instruments I could hurt myself

I blame Sigma for sending those lens cases
Old 8 Sep 2003, 12:54 (Ref:711791)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
aah...the benefits of "one fits all" nikon!

seriously...never done that, but done all the other stupid things. ie - no film in camera, 800 neg instead of fuji velvia, monopod left in car, lens hood drops off while being carried over my shoulder(le mans this year).

live and learn!
Old 8 Sep 2003, 14:44 (Ref:711897)   #3
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always carry spare batteries! More than one set if possible.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 14:45 (Ref:711898)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had plenty of those rattling around in my pockets
Old 8 Sep 2003, 15:09 (Ref:711940)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've negelcted to charge my batteries. I've also left the spares batteries in the charger at home. Failed to take the memory card from the reader and end up with just one.

Stupidest thing I've done was when shooting a vintage sports car race with black & white I was using a Y2 yellow filter to add some contrast. For got to remove the filter when I switched to color film later on for two rolls. Got some nice yellow pics instead of color ones.
Never forget #99
Old 8 Sep 2003, 15:50 (Ref:711988)   #6
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got up the Rocky Mountains and found I'd only got the one battery and cf-card that were in the camera.

The other batteries were in the charger at home and nicely charged up when I got back.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 15:57 (Ref:711997)   #7
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My friend was at his fisrt F1 race in Montreal. He was standing at the first turn with some seasoned photographers. One of the old pros realizing that my friend was new to F1 gave him some advice. "Make sure you have a fresh roll of film in the camera before the start of the race" he told my friend. My friend hurried to get a new roll in the camera as the cars were coming to the start line. Once loaded he was ready. The race began and he shot away.

For the first few laps he shot each car as it passed by. Racking up the frames...33,34,35, 36,37, 38,39? He could not figure out why he had so many frames shot until he looked down and saw the roll of film that he loaded into his camera laying on the ground!

I guess he learned two things that day. One to have fresh film inthe camera for the start of the race and two do it well before the start of the race.

Last edited by MolsonBoy; 8 Sep 2003 at 15:58.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 16:50 (Ref:712074)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Huh. And I was kicking myself for accidentally pulling a film 2 stops at Mosport this year. (Manual cameras. Lots to remember.)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Sep 2003, 19:10 (Ref:712221)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
went to Marwell zoo a few years ago and spent a couple of hours snapping away 34..35..36..37..38..39..40 - you guessed it - no film! By that time it was getting dark and all the animals had disappeared!
Old 8 Sep 2003, 20:12 (Ref:712282)   #10
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Spa for the 1000Km race, set out to watch Saturday afternoon qualifying, 50minutes in and I've managed to take about 6 shots with the 35mm and finish the roll. I then realise I've left the extra film in my bag which has been deposited so I don't have to carry it all day!
Old 9 Sep 2003, 00:17 (Ref:712525)   #11
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Les, I did the same thing! I actually spent to days shooting at the USGP an then realized that I hadn't changed a roll of film. I was so incredibly p***ed off